ODL EUR/USD

zerpener

11 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

No.  Because 

• these trans are being tracked from the api so they are there,  they already exist, as EUR XRP not as EUR USD.  Did you not understand what they mean when they say ‘track the trades’?
  • as was said before you posted,  there is very little liquidity EUR USD on the exchange
  • and as also was said earlier, the software is created to make FIAT XRP, then XRP FIAT trades.  This is in line with what it is already doing.

I quickly skimmed it and you're probably right. Let's hope so but I'd rather see volume on the ledger. An API is an API: It exposes whatever they want to expose.

On 5/25/2020 at 1:16 AM, SquaryBone said:

Let's hope so but I'd rather see volume on the ledger.

We’ve been through how ODL works here. What are you asking for now?

$6M a day in XRP usage across EUR > USD corridor (that we previously did not know about) is awesome news! 

Edited by ADingoAteMyXRP

19 hours ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

We’ve been through how ODL works here. What are you asking for now?

$6M a day in XRP usage across EUR > USD corridor (that we previously did not know about) is awesome news! 

Some people are just bitter and disappointed because of price. I'm in it for the tech and growing utility!

11 hours ago, Caracappa said:

Some people are just bitter and disappointed because of price. I'm in it for the tech and growing utility!

I can genuinely concur with this. Been watching and thinking about this tech for years. Tremendous amounts of opportunity continue to bubble up.

XRP appreciation will come as a lagging Indicator, when the heard catches up with the relative value of XRP to other digital assets.

I can genuinely concur with this. Been watching and thinking about this tech for years. Tremendous amounts of opportunity continue to bubble up.
XRP appreciation will come as a lagging Indicator, when the heard catches up with the relative value of XRP to other digital assets.

Didnt that appreciation came in 2017?

11 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Didnt that appreciation came in 2017?

I guess, but I have never sold any XRP, and I may never sell. I'd prefer to rent/lend it, and earn a passive cash flow stream that grows over the decades (due to XRP appreciation and rising interest rates). I have not started this yet, needed to wait till divorce was done. Now I'm looking at Self Directed Roth IRAs to protect any capital appreciation from XRP. Roth IRA contributions are limited to $6k USD/yr, so I'm thinking of dumping $6k of XRP into the Roth, then if at some point I need to sell I can do so post tax. Still unclear how any existing capital gain would be taxed at the time of IRA contribution. It's not high on my list, but is a burner on the stove.

I am however fascinated by observing, learning and understanding how the global monetary system is being re-tooled, and understanding the tech (Ripple/DLT) is enabling new efficiencies in financial services, which will compete away the older industrial age business methods/models.

2 minutes ago, KarmaCoverage said:

I'd prefer to rent/lend it

ODL market makers will want to borrow XRP (just think of it leverage for their inventory) to conduct their business. I'd expect that as liquidity depth grows, so will demand to borrow XRP (more business to do)... and like I said in my previous comment, I expect interest rates to be rising for the rest of my life, or at least my effective working life.

Market Makers will earn a spread, which competition should shrink to a minimum. The spread will be the difference between their borrowing costs, and the interest rate they sell access to XRP at. These borrowing/selling interest rates should both rise in tandem, maintaining a stable spread over time.

Folks that are not holding a levered position in XRP (own it outright, not borrowing XRP) should be able to enjoy rising interests when lending XRP.

3 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

I guess, but I have never sold any XRP, and I may never sell. I'd prefer to rent/lend it, and earn a passive cash flow stream that grows over the decades (due to XRP appreciation and rising interest rates). I have not started this yet, needed to wait till divorce was done. Now I'm looking at Self Directed Roth IRAs to protect any capital appreciation from XRP. Roth IRA contributions are limited to $6k USD/yr, so I'm thinking of dumping $6k of XRP into the Roth, then if at some point I need to sell I can do so post tax. Still unclear how any existing capital gain would be taxed at the time of IRA contribution. It's not high on my list, but is a burner on the stove.

I am however fascinated by observing, learning and understanding how the global monetary system is being re-tooled, and understanding the tech (Ripple/DLT) is enabling new efficiencies in financial services, which will compete away the older industrial age business methods/models.

Got you. For me XRP were an investment caused by curiosity, believe and hope. Curiosity for this amazing tech (I'm an engineer myself, always interested in emerging and new developments). Believe in the team and the plan by Ripple the company. And hope for the developing regions as I lost my heart to Africa and it is my hope that some day a global financial level play field may unlock the real potential of that continent were I've some very good friends living. Those 3 "drives" made me go for a deep investment in XRP during the very early days - some XRP by the "Computing for Good" program and the bulk by selling my whole investment-portfolio to buy me a big stake into XRP... as my gut feeling told me that there was much more in this for the longer term then I could expect from the stock market. And my guts (crystal balls?) proved me right. I sold 40% with a profit range of around 20000% (from 0.005 average to 1 average) .... The other 60% are partly (60%) kept in a hardware wallet and partly (40%) stolen by the Gatehub hackers and I hope to recover those some other day (the thieves are in a French prison waiting for legal proceedings)

Still figuring out what and how to handle the rest of my XRP holdings... and even hope to pick up some useful ideas here (not the sort of HODL, MOON, LAMBO, ....)

Edited by kanaas

27 minutes ago, kanaas said:

hope for the developing regions as I lost my heart to Africa and it is my hope that some day a global financial level play field may unlock the real potential of that continent were I've some very good friends living.

I have a friend that is the global authority on the Massi. Have been wanting to discuss with him about an idea that...

Potentially ILP & IoV could help unwind some of the cultural divisions caused by colonization redrawing country's boundaries splitting cultures across national borders. 

I see a longterm potential where these cultures no longer need to be "effectively split" across domestic economies/fiat currencies. 

This could help both heal centuries of cultural divides, and potentially serve as a basis, or catalist for redrawing of national boundaries on the continent.

---

I would have bought a lot more back at the $0.005 level had it not been for my ex's anger at my interest in Ripple. Around the ATH, I asked her "how much do you want me to put in the bank to stop screaming and yelling and not be angry?" Listed off an increasing dollar value (all more than we ever had)... she literally couldn't answer, actually speechless, she never answered. Then came after all my XRP in the divorce. She got none, and only 25% of my original offer in USD 🤪🙄

Edited by KarmaCoverage