Question for David Schwartz: If XRP Hit $5, Would Liquidity Be Enough for Holders of Over 30k XRP?

1 hour ago, Zerpple said:

I think a lot of uneducated Twitter and YouTubers forget that, just because it's magic internet money, doesn't mean simple fundamental truths don't exist. Like, for example, the fiat that comes out has to equal the fiat going in or the whole system crashes. If XRP ever hit 3 zero values it would create several billionaires. If there weren't billions of new speculative money coming in. Those billionaires would never be able to cash out. Price only goes up if buys out pace sells.

And no, utility doesn't change that. Utility is a zero sum game, the money would need to be entering the system from other sources.

Not that I believe in a price of 3 zero values, but thinking it can not happen because what comes in must comes out is not correct. If the order books are thin, you can bring the price to extreme levels with a relative little sum of money. And if not everybody sells (e.g. because they think it's worth the money) then those few that do sell, will get the 3 zero value price.

Coinmarketcap says total cap of all crypto is:  $264,585,950,432. This amount of money is not equal to the amount of fiat money put into the market. It is simply what is believed to be the value. It can go twice as high and it can go to zero.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think we should run the experiment and see.    

5 dollar? Well maybe in the year 2130. Yeah you read it correct, 2130 and not 2030, because that's the year where i hope xrp wil be at 1 dollar if ever.

Hi @NachoVarga and welcome to XRP Chat.  Unfortunately there have been a lot of people open accounts here and then use them to troll regular users.  I fear that you may have inadvertently triggered @T

1 hour ago, jn_r said:

Not that I believe in a price of 3 zero values, but thinking it can not happen because what comes in must comes out is not correct. If the order books are thin, you can bring the price to extreme levels with a relative little sum of money. And if not everybody sells (e.g. because they think it's worth the money) then those few that do sell, will get the 3 zero value price.

Coinmarketcap says total cap of all crypto is:  $264,585,950,432. This amount of money is not equal to the amount of fiat money put into the market. It is simply what is believed to be the value. It can go twice as high and it can go to zero.

Oh I see, we're just hoping to be able to cash out on a crazy pumped price that will come crashing down as quickly as it shot up.  Like a penny stock pump and dump scheme. 

Okay, I can see that for prices in the tens of dollars, but the amount of substantial base you would need to get into the hundreds or thousands of dollars makes it hard to believe. I mean, the order book is only going to remain thin as long as price isn't moving, as soon as price starts to go up more and more sell orders or going to be placed,  The higher it goes, the more people are going to want to sell their positions.  

So no, "thinking it can not happen because what comes in must come out" is not incorrect.  Money isn't just created out of thin air.  You can only sell and realize your gains if someone is buying.

Not sure what you are on about regarding market cap, no one ever said it had anything to do with a coins ability to grow in price.  It does show the size of the system though.  The bigger the system, the harder it is to manipulate it in one direction or another.

Edited by Zerpple
31 minutes ago, Zerpple said:

the order book is only going to remain thin as long as price isn't moving, as soon as price starts to go up more and more sell orders or going to be placed,  The higher it goes, the more people are going to want to sell their positions. 

That depends on what people think the right price is.

Money isn't just created out of thin air.

Yes it is :-) Take the dollar for example. Or any crypto if you think of it is as a currency. What if all non-US countries start to sell their dollar reserves, what would happen to the dollar price? 

The bigger the system, the harder it is to manipulate it in one direction or another

That is true, it will be harder to manipulate. But if people truly believe the price should be higher, then it will go higher. That is not manipulation. Let's say price will go to $0.40 (twice as what is now). Does not mean that 8 billion USD (twice the current market cap) has to hit the XRP market. If everyone believes, the lower orders will vanish and higher orders will appear, the price will become $0.40.

I'm not trying to convince you price will go higher. The same reasoning goes the other way, it can also go to $0.10

Edited by jn_r
2 hours ago, retep said:

5 dollar? Well maybe in the year 2130. Yeah you read it correct, 2130 and not 2030, because that's the year where i hope xrp wil be

at 1 dollar if ever.

Might as well sell now enjoy life and buy back around 2125 maybe later?  Shit you might even forget about it and move on..... meh, who cares 😂

wait! 2130? That’s a long time looking up at the lid, just forget about it already and go play outside or something 

Edited by Trentsteel
14 hours ago, Trentsteel said:

Might as well sell now enjoy life and buy back around 2125 maybe later?  Shit you might even forget about it and move on..... meh, who cares 😂

wait! 2130? That’s a long time looking up at the lid, just forget about it already and go play outside or something 

Sell now and loose thousands of dollars?:lol:

Edited by retep