Question for David Schwartz: If XRP Hit $5, Would Liquidity Be Enough for Holders of Over 30k XRP?

2000 reasons to hold XRP. $ 2000,- could be one of them for some of them, but thank you for this latest day dream. For a moment I felt human again.... anyway, back to work....

P.s. I saw Youtube vids recently stating XRP is designed for a 3 zero price valuation to move huge amounts of XRP on the ledger with enough liquidity. A whole lot of if's indeed. We have seen a price of $3 ones and not many could benefit from it in reality.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think we should run the experiment and see.    

5 dollar? Well maybe in the year 2130. Yeah you read it correct, 2130 and not 2030, because that's the year where i hope xrp wil be at 1 dollar if ever.

Hi @NachoVarga and welcome to XRP Chat.  Unfortunately there have been a lot of people open accounts here and then use them to troll regular users.  I fear that you may have inadvertently triggered @T

🤔 TBH, just another new member account talking of $2000 per unit, cartoon bears....... just screams “shit post/troll”

don’t get me wrong 2000 is a great number but I’ll have cashed out 90% if it got close to $10 the rest could take a shit for me, I could close out now with a tidy profit but I’m greedy and that’s why I’m still here after it got over $3 

if OP is genuine, I wish him success on his investment 

2 hours ago, Trentsteel said:

but I’ll have cashed out 90% if it got close to $10

That doesn't say much. Are you a day trader cashing out any wave or a bag holder never returning after cashing a one time huge sum. Please don't answer this one ;)

1 hour ago, Trisky said:

That doesn't say much. Are you a day trader cashing out any wave or a bag holder never returning after cashing a one time huge sum. Please don't answer this one ;)

😂 I don’t day trade. Won’t be one big trade, I’ll be taking minimal profit all the way up from $1 and upward 

Edited by Trentsteel
17 hours ago, Trentsteel said:

😂 I don’t day trade. Won’t be one big trade, I’ll be taking minimal profit all the way up from $1 and upward 

A, a casual periodic trader of sorts :P

15 hours ago, Scout said:

From what I've heard and read XRP can reach above $400 USD but that is only if the value of USD becomes next to worthless.

$ 400 here we come :spinlol:

Edited by Trisky
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 7:51 AM, NachoVarga said:

something about a bearguy who was giving insider informations on social media.

BearableGuy was actually Mr. Brad Garlinghouse. If you are new to the space, BG was (is) definitely an insider, but his dis-information was purely for pumping and dumping.

On 5/25/2020 at 10:33 AM, Trentsteel said:

🤔 TBH, just another new member account talking of $2000 per unit, cartoon bears....... just screams “shit post/troll”

don’t get me wrong 2000 is a great number but I’ll have cashed out 90% if it got close to $10 the rest could take a shit for me, I could close out now with a tidy profit but I’m greedy and that’s why I’m still here after it got over $3 

if OP is genuine, I wish him success on his investment 

I have my money shot sell points at 54,89,289

On 5/15/2020 at 4:28 PM, enrique11 said:

It's a silly hypothetical question dealing in absolutes: 

“If XRP hit $5, would there be enough liquidity in the market for all of those people who own over 30,000 coins to cash out?”

The common-sense answer is, "No!" because XRP hitting $5 means a temporary market cap of 2 trillion USD for XRP, which is over 8x larger than the current cumulative market caps on coinmarketcap.com of all 5,474 cryptos, and what are the odds that "Everyone who owns 30,000+ XRP will try to cash out at [exactly] $5."?  The selling pressure of everyone with 30,000+ XRP trying to sell at exactly $5 would drop buying pressure very quickly because the vast majority of hodlers are in the 30,000+ XRP ownership range, and what are the odds that you have a counter-pressure of buy orders at $5 to balance out that selling pressure?  If current proportions of XRP ownership stay the same, that means over 95% of all non-escrowed XRP. would try to be sold off at $5.   That's an extremely large sell wall at $5. 

The answer is, "Next to zero." in a literal sense, or infinitesimally small odds. 

A sensible way to phrase this question is, "If XRP hits $5 would those people remaining who own 30,000+ XRP in non-escrowed accounts and are able to sell (no restrictions like Ripple partners, Jed, etc.) and want to cash out at $5 be able to cash out?" 

Then you get much better odds and a much more sensible answer that is not definitively, "No!"

And if you rephrase it to, "If XRP hits $5 would those people remaining who own 30,000+ XRP in non-escrowed accounts and are able to sell (no restrictions like Ripple partners, Jed, etc.) and want to cash out at $5 be able to cash out eventually?" 

The odds just keep getting better if Ripple succeeds with its plans, but this makes XRP sound more like security, so lol, we just need more and more 3rd parties independent of Ripple to keep building on top of XRP. 

I won't cash up at 5. I'd have to invest much more than I have done and cannot allow it now. So I would wait longer and hope for higher prices.

Edited by JJJ2
2 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

I won't cash up at 5. I'd have to invest much more than I have done and cannot allow it now. So I would wait longer and hope for higher prices.

too modest, i wont cash out until it hits $500,000 per xrp, wont compromise

2 hours ago, Jotaro said:

too modest, i wont cash out until it hits $500,000 per xrp, wont compromise

500 thousand? did I read well, or I need new glasses? 

I seriously doubt it will ever reach 500$ per xrp. If it did it I would be multimillionaire. I'd be more than satisfied with 100-120$ 

I wish you were right! :-)

I for one, am enjoying these posts - nothing nasty or mean spirited even if there's a bit of over-the-top wishful thinking going on. The irony is that with the way Ripple is building out its infrastructure, and with all reports being that it's so far superior to what currently exists, it's hard to predict what actually might come to pass in regards to xrp valuation. "All the money" is a big prize, and the efficiency with which xrp works to convert between currencies, can't be ignored. People, and institutions, are often self-serving, to the point where "laziness" factors in: especially if it doesn't cost anything.  If Ripple proves that they genuinely save people/institutions time, effort and money, then their adoption will become a no-brainer. It brings this quote to mind: "Efficiency is ultimately a highly modified form of laziness." 

I think a lot of uneducated Twitter and YouTubers forget that, just because it's magic internet money, doesn't mean simple fundamental truths don't exist. Like, for example, the fiat that comes out has to equal the fiat going in or the whole system crashes. If XRP ever hit 3 zero values it would create several billionaires. If there weren't billions of new speculative money coming in. Those billionaires would never be able to cash out. Price only goes up if buys out pace sells.

And no, utility doesn't change that. Utility is a zero sum game, the money would need to be entering the system from other sources.

3 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

500 thousand? did I read well, or I need new glasses? 

I seriously doubt it will ever reach 500$ per xrp. If it did it I would be multimillionaire. I'd be more than satisfied with 100-120$ 

I wish you were right! :-)

come on man, clearly it's a joke, you'd question my IQ the moment i said absurd things like that ;)