Whats everyones take?

28 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

We are trading in a corrupted market with whales and bots.  The price could go on falling or rising, utility is not a bedrock yet so it is pretty much arbitrary which direction it will take.  Big rises, like we saw in 2017, are in many ways more possible given the  way the market has been opened up for ordinary investors to come in.  For every person who got burnt in the bear market there is another person who made very good money,  and given the ease with which people can join the market today there is an order of magnitude more fresh investors on the sidelines than there ever were in 2017.  In the last three years nothing has happened to stop another bull market like we saw in 2017 happening again, and in 2017 prices went from about where we are now to 3.5 in a matter of a few days. 

If someone gave me 500k to invest in one thing, what would I choose to invest in?  I would not invest in property, because a recession is around the corner and lots of people will be in negative equity soon.  I would not invest in oil, the economies of the world are in for a slump, I would not invest in airlines, travel or hotels.  Every investment looks like high risk.  Digital cash is the future, like digital telecoms were the future in the 1990s.  Investing in crypto feels smart to me. (not financial advice).

If you are happy with profits at 1 dollar, cash in when it reaches that figure.  I will not be cashing in anything under 1 dollar and even if it reached $5 I would still hold on to at least 50% of my stake.  Targets and cashing out are personal decisions that every one has to take their own responsibility for.

tenor.gif

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been following the discussions here since 2017... just registered today. Its funny how everybody is having second thoughts right now (including me), yet it feels like we are closer than ever. If you g

This data is for Bitstamp only: You currently need 8.5 million USD to move XRP from 0.20 USD to 1.00 USD, but you need 46 million USD to move BTC from 10k USD to 50k USD. This is just Bitsta

Cesar1810 stop being so gay man, keep loving every post you see, it feels wrong, as if a dude is touching me intimately.

Posted Images

What is my insight? That everything that happens is in the realm of what was logically conceived before, but it still hurts when it actually happens.

I am one of the "lucky ones" who are still slightly in the green zone with their HodlXRP, but the investment is currently not fun.

Check out the forum. Dead. Many have left, moved on, deleted themselves. I will take this trip, but it is hard and boring. My first conclusion I draw on 1.1.22.

On 5/14/2020 at 1:43 AM, Shuz said:

Now that covid has time to simmer. What does everyone think the price of xrp hitting $20usd in 2023? 

I do not think this has major chances of happening, at least so soon. There has to be a crazy speculative bull run, which does not seem to happen anytime soon considering the coronavirus crisis taking its toll on economies all around the globe.

I believe the success or failure of XRP will be judged between 2023-2027 based on utility and not speculation. I think it is possible to have a price above $5 and hopefully even higher. Personally I will be most happy even with $3 as an investment return. $20 I would be crazy happy.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Panopticon said:

I do not think this has major chances of happening, at least so soon. There has to be a crazy speculative bull run, which does not seem to happen anytime soon considering the coronavirus crisis taking its toll on economies all around the globe.

I believe the success or failure of XRP will be judged between 2023-2027 based on utility and not speculation. I think it is possible to have a price above $5 and hopefully even higher. Personally I will be most happy even with $3 as an investment return. $20 I would be crazy happy.

We should not even be trying to guess because the price is tied to nothing in the outside world and totally unpredictable, more so when you try to add a date.  Going up to $20 in 2023 should be thought of as possible, just as thinking XRP might still be languishing below $1 and having the juice sucked out of us by BTC bots and whale manipulation.

All that matters is that the XRP use case and ecosystem is getting stronger and stronger, and more difficult to be ignored or pushed out by competitors products.  The only sensible question would be; Is the XRP use case looking more or less viable than it did last month or years?

For me the answer is yes.  then the follow up question is how high could XRP go if mass adoption happened? for me the answer is very high indeed...far higher than $20.  This is why I invest and have no sleepless nights or thoughts of selling, but I could be wrong.  Often am.

Edited by Julian_Williams

My dream would be to bundle the remaining XRP in a global organization and to put them only into the market to ensure liquidity and to stabilize the price. Comparable to Opec and oil. Of course the price per XRP should be at a quite high level. 5€ would be absolutely life-changing for me, everything above that would be an absolute bonus. Something like 20€ I cannot imagine today, because this would lead to many millionaires, whereby one can assume that many will sell there before (1,2,3,5,8,12,15,18 4 example)

i would be happy when xrp would go up to 80 cents, because then i have my investment back, and then i'm going to swap my xrp for btc

because i could have made alot of profit with btc in the past 2 years, so what a mistake it was to buy xrp instead.

On 5/14/2020 at 1:30 AM, Flintstone said:

@Jotaro $1.50 pays off my mortgage and loan. Debt free and working part time is moon enough for me. Anything more than that is a bonus.

Wilma and I will start cashing out a tax free amount annually if/when the price is above $1.50. I will break down the annual sales in to quarterly segments incase the price decides to keep going upwards, which should offer me some flexibility catching the highs and stretching out my XRP.

So selling off will likely take 2, maybe 3 years, or longer depending on how high the price goes.

Nice, congrats that you have hundreds of thousands of XRP. 

But too bad you didn’t sell at the ATH, you’d be a millionaire most likely. 

32 minutes ago, lucid99 said:

Nice, congrats that you have hundreds of thousands of XRP. 

But too bad you didn’t sell at the ATH, you’d be a millionaire most likely. 

Pffft.....I wish. You must be assuming I live in a grand house with a mortgage to match? :spinlol: You're conversing with steerage here shag. If I had sold at ATH, i would have had £3000. I had only made a couple of purchases prior to ATH.

As XRP went down the path of working with regulatory clarity it has become obvious that other pressing matters will tie up governments in the year ahead if there is any chance of major bank adoption or using it as a medium of exchange with tokenized assets between institutions. 

There is still growth in the xrp ecosystem as remittances continue to be adopted and I just read coil will getting a plug in for wordpress. Don’t underestimate the future of streaming payments and web monetizing! 

XRP has shrunk to 20% of my blockfolio due to other assets growing rather than selling off. But I plan on staying long with xrp as its intended use cases are way different than other cryptos I own and is being promoted by solid American/Japanese enterprises.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.