XRPL Deletable Accounts Amendment Enabled, Grants 75% Balance Recovery

Precisely what @yxxyun said. When the docs say the account is deleted from the ledger, it implies the current validated ledger. Every account's transactions are present in the full history server. There's a tiny difference though, all accounts activated after passing of the amendment will have their sequence number set to the ledger in which they were created (ex. https://xrpscan.com/account/rpgtBwm6FaSdj9YUCrGV81GgwANq7Hm3JV).

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you can still check the history,  I think xrpscan should update their website 

It is possible to show historical transactions for a deleted account too. We're rewiring the xrpscan api to do this, as the assumptions we made about the accounts are no longer true due the amendment.

https://www.xrparcade.com/news/xrpl-deletable-accounts-amendment-enabled-whats-new/

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Valhalla_Guy said:

Be nice to know if the history is lost.

The “history“ is lost every new ledger.  The ledger block is the current balance of all accounts plus the transactions done during that ledger.  This is one fundamental difference between Bitcoin and similar chains and XRPLedger.

Except of course that some nodes store the ledger blocks so those nodes CAN supply a history.  Some nodes have the full history.

1 hour ago, Dogowner5 said:

Why rush it?  There is a chance that the five XRP fee might reduce after a while so you could retrieve more of the XRP..

On 5-9-2020, 1 XRP = $ 0,21  cancelled account = 5 XRP lost a $ 1,05 costs. 15 XRP recovered a $ 3,15 (profit $ 2,10) and 15 XRP (which you will sell on 5-9-2022 for an additional $ 65.- giving you a total of $ 67,10 on that date if you only hold (this example).

5-9-2022, 1 XRP = $ 5,00 cancelled account = 5 XRP lost a $ 25,00 costs. 15 XRP recovered a $ 75,00 (total profit $ 50).

Do you expect the fees to reduce considerably with a new change within 6 years and/or no upwards price movement ;)?

[just an example, no predictions. Don't kill me (yet)..]

6 hours ago, Trisky said:

Do you expect the fees to reduce considerably with a new change within 6 years and/or no upwards price movement

I’m assuming they will be more valuable in future,  so being able to recover more later (a not unreasonable possibility given what’s been said about that,) is going to be advantageous.

10 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

Why rush it?  There is a chance that the five XRP fee might reduce after a while so you could retrieve more of the XRP..

I have alot of old accounts with 20 XRP stuck in them just sitting around that I would like to recover the 15 from.

13 minutes ago, LetHerRip said:

I have alot of old accounts with 20 XRP stuck in them just sitting around that I would like to recover the 15 from.

Go for it.  I only mentioned if you weren’t in a hurry you could wait and maybe gain more.

My only purpose in speaking up was to alert people of the possibility...  not to discourage anything.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

Go for it.  I only mentioned if you weren’t in a hurry you could wait and maybe gain more.

My only purpose in speaking up was to alert people of the possibility...  not to discourage anything.

I don't think it will go down much more though, at the start it was 500 or 200 way back in the day when XRP started off. Anyway I don't think the delete account option has been implemented in any XRP wallet so far either, so I will have to wait regardless.

Edited by LetHerRip
On 5/8/2020 at 6:33 PM, yxxyun said:

you can still check the history,  I think xrpscan should update their website 

Deleted accounts are now correctly highlighted instead of showing Account not found error. Searching for deleted accounts will also work properly. Let us know if notice any bugs: https://xrpscan.com/account/r93Fr5Cmf6KAho1GfF9mvNKV97tZsCFKcB

deletedaccount.png

On 5/10/2020 at 12:35 AM, LetHerRip said:

Anyway I don't think the delete account option has been implemented in any XRP wallet so far either, so I will have to wait regardless.

You don't need wallet software to sign and send transactions...