Sign in to follow this  

Where's Hodor?

Ha, Parabellum stated a bunch of valid concerns  and you try to marginalize them by one’s current profit? Really? 🤔 Many of us invested in xrp because of the promises and predictions Ripple execs made in 2017 and just look how bad everything turned out. Would i still invested in xrp knowing there’s no banks on the horizon, low interest in xrp, and so on? Hell no, there’s literally hundreds of coins with the same win probability to gamble on...

20 hours ago, pulstar said:

Ha, Parabellum stated a bunch of valid concerns  and you try to marginalize them by one’s current profit? Really? 🤔 Many of us invested in xrp because of the promises and predictions Ripple execs made in 2017 and just look how bad everything turned out. Would i still invested in xrp knowing there’s no banks on the horizon, low interest in xrp, and so on? Hell no, there’s literally hundreds of coins with the same win probability to gamble on...

I did not touch the topic of his concerns at all, so are you really in to selectively reading posts and providing reactions that don't have anything to do with the actual post intention? Anyone is entitled to have concerns and share them, but being annoyed about the price evolvement of your asset when it has appreciated a lot since you bought simply strikes me a lot. Unless the initial buys where relatively small and the bigger ones where closer to the top, but I don’t make that assumption in this case.

Apart from all that, my opinion is that the entire industry is still in a state of infancy, no actual asset has yet mooned by it's utility and I expect that still to be years away. Until then all the day to day, month over month news is simply (interesting) noise. Blockchain is here to stay for sure, but the actual perceived needed value of individual assets is actually still an enigma. XRP as others can actually become a dead horse within a couple of years or it will be actually used at large and start a utility based price discovery along the way. But a few speculative moons along the way despite or because of the (still king of speculation) price development of bitcoin will much more likely to be cash out moments for the larger part of XRP hodlers then actual utility based price increases. I personally even expect that possible future speculative XRP price spikes may even reach higher levels than that actual utility prices will. But that is my personal opinion due to the irrational fomo behavior of large groups of investors.

/Rant over/ Hapy Hodling - :beach:

Posted (edited)
On 6/24/2020 at 10:16 AM, Sancho said:

If by 'being around in the XRP sphere for 5+ years', you mean that you are hodling XRP since that time which I may asume you are, I don't know what you are complaining about as your entry level has to be immensely lower than current prices. So you can just sell with huge gains and stop frustrating yourself. But as you apparently are still around and are clearly frustrated something does not add up...........

You could say that the lost profit potential partially got to me. But yes, what you say is right, considering the first part. That does not however make any criticism that Ripple dramatically failed in its strategy several times over less true.

For me, XRP is an investment, and in the past it was an 80/20 proposition. Nowadays, it is more closer to 60/40, if not 50/50, from a view of pros and cons.  At some point, it may be time to cut the chord and move on, but we are not there yet. However, few people that entered years back would be happy with the present day state of affairs. Very few.  You can even ask yourself if Ripple is not criminally culpable for their failures to some extent. 

XRP as others can actually become a dead horse within a couple of years or it will be actually used at large and start a utility based price discovery along the way. B

This is just magical thinking. Everything so far shows that this is not the case. Ask someone who was here in 2017 where they expected XRP to be in 2020, and they would not have dreamed of this negative, pitch black actual scenario.  What I quoted here above is just hopium, based on nothing.  Ripple first got to deliver before we are even allowed to make such extrapolations. 

Edited by Parabellum

2 hours ago, Parabellum said:

You could say that the lost profit potential partially got to me. But yes, what you say is right, considering the first part. That does not however make any criticism that Ripple dramatically failed in its strategy several times over less true.

For me, XRP is an investment, and in the past it was an 80/20 proposition. Nowadays, it is more closer to 60/40, if not 50/50, from a view of pros and cons.  At some point, it may be time to cut the chord and move on, but we are not there yet. However, few people that entered years back would be happy with the present day state of affairs. Very few.  You can even ask yourself if Ripple is not criminally culpable for their failures to some extent. 

This is just magical thinking. Everything so far shows that this is not the case. Ask someone who was here in 2017 where they expected XRP to be in 2020, and they would not have dreamed of this negative, pitch black actual scenario.  What I quoted here above is just hopium, based on nothing.  Ripple first got to deliver before we are even allowed to make such extrapolations. 

I believe this thread is about where's Hodor?

Hodor left XRP because ....

If you still make some profit, take the profit and leave the boat.

I realize what will happen with XRP since end of season 5 (before Hodor leave) when the XRP price is 37c. I sell almost all my XRP stack. I haven't seen the the price recover since then. It keep going down until 18c (today).

What I see and probably Hodor saw too is the failure of BG to convince SWIFT and JPM. When I saw JPM try to make JPM coin. I told myself.

This is it, I leave the boat before anybody does. The boat is sinking.

With 55bio XRP (at that time) that will flood the market with programable sales. Who can hold the price? I wrote several times in this forum (XRPchat). But nobody listen to me.
Maybe they think I'm crazy.

And, at the end, they stop the programable sales.

At this point. I only can say that. Only China can save XRP from digging their's grave.

Ask Jack Ma, to join and Make XRP great again. I know XRP is a good technology, with stupid salesman.

Cheers

Hodor was the most cogent advocate for XRP.  Unfortunately he gave up on the project, divested himself a millions of coin. A great loss for the community. 

2 hours ago, LAH said:

Hodor was the most cogent advocate for XRP.  Unfortunately he gave up on the project, divested himself a millions of coin. A great loss for the community. 

Huh?  You are stating it as fact.  Do you really know why he left or what he did with his XRP?

Or are you another one here who states his based-on-nothing opinions as facts?

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, LAH said:

This is an outright lie. Hodor said the opposite, that he was more optimistic than he ever had been and that he was not leaving either XRP or the community.  He did leave the persona of "Hodor" behind - but he is still here. I assume you know this, but for the sake of other readers, this comment is a complete troll-fabrication. 

Edited by Undershoes

4 hours ago, Undershoes said:

This is an outright lie. Hodor said the opposite, that he was more optimistic than he ever had been and that he was not leaving either XRP or the community.  He did leave the persona of "Hodor" behind - but he is still here. I assume you know this, but for the sake of other readers, this comment is a complete troll-fabrication. 

If this is in battlefield. Hodor is MIA.

President Brad must now appoint new General for Ripple's XRP Army.

or maybe we can loose the battle with PRC (People Republic of Cardano) and of course the EU (Ethereum United):bomb:

Regardless of where he went, I think we all can agree he is a very good blogger. I think he did a great job subtly combining persuasive and informative writing in his blog.

NSVqZxPtT8aRACXbimNDNA.jpg

4 hours ago, moncho said:

Regardless of where he went, I think we all can agree he is a very good blogger. I think he did a great job subtly combining persuasive and informative writing in his blog.

He/she/they did nothing but churn out Hopium. Has any of it turned out to be true?