Sumitomo buys into SBI and FXCoin exchange in Japan

I agree, CryptoEri clearly explains why there has been an increase due to this latest news. Almost all previous announcements in the past few years have either shown no price improvement or only short lived ones. There is so much happening outside of the cryptocurrency space that I'm not sure that this will really have a price impact until there is clear improved useage and liquidity here. I would like to think that I'm wrong, but then again everything I was ever taught about economics has been turned on it's head since 2008 - who would have thought that QE and printing trillions of dollars would lead to stock markets moving up and inflation not going hyper. 

1 minute ago, Julian_Williams said:

Very uncertain times - who can predict?

I intend to keep posting Crypto Eri here, she is bringing so many good news stories from the Far East and members of this forum should be discussing these storeis instead of swatting back biting trolls.

I agree. She brings alot of Japanese sensibility coupled with great research

14 minutes ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

Personally I think there is a lot of content in her videos but not a lot of substance

With all these things you have to decide what is suitable for you. I like to hear about her logic and background research and then I can make up my own mind if I think it is useful to me. Regarding the substance, where there are substantial material changes and announcements, I think she is mostly on the ball.

This is really curious news.  A Sumitomo tie-up is great - I wonder what the structure of the funds will look like, particularly if it involves SBI's RC Cloud somehow? Likewise, the FX Coin news is interesting - both banks are invested in it and it will use XRP for remittance, but how does it fit in with SBI Remit and/or MoneyTap?  Fwiw, my hunch is that the "domestic" & "overseas" remittance means remittance into and out of Japan, not a domestic rail. 

TL,DR: good news but suggests there is something more to come.

--Edit- remembered something:

The fund is the Open Legacy fund that is used as a part of "regional bank revitalization" - it helps update banks and integrate them using APIs, SBI explicity with MoneyTap.

https://www.verdict.co.uk/retail-banker-international/news/japans-sbi-invests-20m-in-fintech-firm-openlegacy-technologies/

Edited by WrathofKahneman
59 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

@xerxesramesepolybius  your statement is without substance, ironic really? 

So you watch her videos? Watch the one labelled “What happened to Miguel Vias...” she wittered on for several minutes, trying to sound analytical before reaching the conclusion she had left.

Then there is all her connecting dots, which often aren’t there let alone connected.

that being said, she comes across quite rational compared to many of the other XRP Youtubers who come across as simply crazy.

1 minute ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

So you watch her videos? Watch the one labelled “What happened to Miguel Vias...” she wittered on for several minutes, trying to sound analytical before reaching the conclusion she had left.

Then there is all her connecting dots, which often aren’t there let alone connected.

that being said, she comes across quite rational compared to many of the other XRP Youtubers who come across as simply crazy.

Did you just contradict yourself??? "Comes across quite rational", "not a lot of substance"  How can the two coexist??? Geesh!! that comes across kind of scatterbrainish!!!

1 hour ago, RikkiTikki said:

Did you just contradict yourself??? "Comes across quite rational", "not a lot of substance"  How can the two coexist??? Geesh!! that comes across kind of scatterbrainish!!!

She was very good on Migas Vias...pointing out that his job was very ambiguous at best, and how he seemed to be leaving and not leaving for ages with supporting documentation, it was full of substance on a very insubstantive subject.  .  But at lease @xerxesramesepolybiustried which in my book makes him/her a step above a troll.....I might even un-user-ignore him/her.

Edited by Julian_Williams
1 hour ago, RikkiTikki said:

America will be left in the dust if we don't get our heads out of our political arsses quickly. I know there will be a response but I'm just hoping it's well thought out and not a knee jerk.

You've the wrong leader right now.
Remember how Bill Clinton was on the forefront to set an emerging free internet into the right direction.
Don't expect someone like Trump to be that intelligent I'm afraid.