When its released the Q1 market report should be here

7 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

This topic of this thread makes me wonder about how C-19 virus has impacted the employees of Ripple, the current path of development of their vision for the company, and XRP, and their bottom line. 

A tech company such as @Ripple will quickly adapt to remote work and rock on without missing a beat,,,,,,Our company of 15K employees is still rockin it and adapted very quickly.

37 minutes ago, enrique11 said:

This topic of this thread makes me wonder about how C-19 virus has impacted the employees of Ripple, the current path of development of their vision for the company, and XRP, and their bottom line. 

Obviously not ripple  https://www.verdict.co.uk/decentralised-working-blockchain-iohk/, but remote working seems like a good strategy.

Yes, I agree that tech companies like Ripple can have employees work from home on software product updates, collaborations via remote conferencing, etc, but I was more concerned about the C-19's impact on existing brick-and-mortar FI  global infrastructure that Ripple is targeting and trying to update.  Ripple is attacking a global solution with many physical components spread throughout various countries involving hands-on, on-site maintenance.  C-19 is a global issue, Ripple relies heavily on CEXs and FIs.

I'm hoping that most of the work Ripple does for its customers can be handled in a similar fashion with an off-hands approach by their own customers and not having Ripple employees travel abroad to set up, configure, or service their various products for their customers, or continue giving lectures abroad that puts them at risk. So many Ripple employees have gone around the world educating FIs about their technology.   I know Ripple has employees in various countries as well, but I hope this includes technicians who can service Ripple's products locally or banks have their own on-site technicians for their servers, etc., and finally, how will the bottom line of Ripple's brick-and-mortar customers using ancient tech affect the speed of development of Ripple's vision and Ripple's bottom line?

It seems like decentralized autonomous organizations would have a clear advantage in this current environment if legal jurisdictions can catch up with smart-contract and DAO laws and rights. 

What I'm saying is that this current environment would favor DAOs like Cardano, Tezos, Decred, etc. over a company like Ripple that trying to update global antiquated brick-and-mortar infrastructure with technology, but this infrastructure would still require on-site employees for conducting and maintaining their businesses and servicing their customers on site.

Edited by enrique11
addtional comment

Well Miguel wrote those reports first, and he disappeared. Cory as well who co-authored: disappeared. 

Right, they're looking for that report writer. 

Seriously, I was always more interested in RippleNet updates about new members, initiatives, goals, etc., in those reports. The XRP figures don't say much and aren't that reliable. So maybe Ripple's dropping the reports altogether in times of clandestine pre-IPO preparations.

Remote work came up in the thread. For those who aren't aware, Ripple's software development team is fairly distributed at least. For instance, Nik works remotely from Las Vegas last I heard. They don't even need to adapt to something new. As for the rest of the employees, well, San Francisco and New York City happen to be two lousy places to have offices right now.

On 4/24/2020 at 3:44 AM, panmores said:

Seriously, I was always more interested in RippleNet updates about new members, initiatives, goals, etc., in those reports. The XRP figures don't say much and aren't that reliable. So maybe Ripple's dropping the reports altogether in times of clandestine pre-IPO preparations.

That would be a terrible sign from Ripple if they reduce transparency further

10 hours ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

That would be a terrible sign from Ripple if they reduce transparency further

Not if they indeed are preparing an IPO. Maybe there's a plan in the making to turn in the same time some or even ALL their escrowed XRP into shares? If that's the case it's obvious that they MUST keep it under the wraps until that "big bang" to avoid excessive XRP speculation... 

2 minutes ago, kanaas said:

Not if they indeed are preparing an IPO. Maybe there's a plan in the making to turn in the same time some or even ALL their escrowed XRP into shares? If that's the case it's obvious that they MUST keep it under the wraps until that "big bang" to avoid excessive XRP speculation... 

IPOs mean increasing transparency and releasing more information, not less and there is nothing about preparing for an IPO that would stop them reporting XRP sales. It could only possibly be a very bad sign if they stopped issuing their market reports.

whether you are pro or anti RL’s XRP sales, the reporting showed a commendable level of transparency.

1 hour ago, kanaas said:

Ripple are the most transparent crypto company.  Obviously if they were to become a public company then they have to becomes even more transparent.  Transparency is good, but transparency does not mean they have to share with us all their inner thoughts, who they are quietly working with NDAs.   

I agree it is likely that the issue of the unsold escrowed XRP will have to be dealt with before an IPO