Miguel Vias has left Ripple?

kanaas

On 4/23/2020 at 8:44 AM, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

Every 6 months someone notices his profile doesn't say "present" for his Ripple work and the entire community starts hallucinating that he's gone and arguing about it. Every 6 months. His profile has been like this literally for years.

When Miguel Vias chooses to leave Ripple -- which he hasn't done yet -- I can guarantee you he will tell people about it.

His profile has always used the current month as his Ripple end date. Nothing has changed.

Confirmed - Miguel is no longer with Ripple.

On 5/12/2020 at 11:59 AM, nakedzzrp said:

People who exit scamm will say his excuse is "Want to spend time with family"

That's always the typical corporate circular talk (that I like to call it). People will never say why they really left a company. You only leave a company when you don't enjoy working there anymore or are ready to retire or maybe the force you into leaving.

Whenever people interview if you are quitting your old job because you hate your boss, we typically just say (I want more opportunity or I want to increase my skills) LOL. 

Maybe he does have financial resources and doesn't want to work for the time being or maybe he got into a disagreement and was let go or decided to quit.

1 hour ago, AlejoMoreno said:

That's always the typical corporate circular talk (that I like to call it). People will never say why they really left a company. You only leave a company when you don't enjoy working there anymore or are ready to retire or maybe the force you into leaving.

Whenever people interview if you are quitting your old job because you hate your boss, we typically just say (I want more opportunity or I want to increase my skills) LOL. 

Maybe he does have financial resources and doesn't want to work for the time being or maybe he got into a disagreement and was let go or decided to quit.

It seems he does not have another job lined up?  Crypto Eri made an interesting video explaining his job had sort of dried up as they are no longer selling XRP and others seem to be doing that job anyway, it was hard to know what his function was.  If we want to be mean it is also what politicians say when they have become an embarrassment to their own side and have to leave politics. 

Execs are movers, many flit from company to company not staying in any one job more than a short handful of years.  This is particularly true in young companies.

Edited by Julian_Williams

It may be that he felt the prospects for XRP / ODL no longer seemed as promising as a few years ago - and that would be quite pragmatic of course, because XRP still remains in limbo with the SEC, thereby ensuring that it cannot (ever?) fulfil its potential. I can only imagine his frustration, trying to do his job with his hands tied.

Edited by JA8

I normally avoid threads like this, but I feel compelled to chime in here, because the above is simply not true; it’s a gross generalization and, frankly, nonsensical.
People leave for many reasons. Perhaps they want to leave to focus on their own startup; to attend school; because they have health issues; or maybe the amount of work they have is so much that they find themselves unable to devote time to things that matter—like family.
The point is that people‘s reasons are their own; they don’t owe anyone an explanation and if they do, their reasons don’t need to make sense to anyone other than themselves.

Well said!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk