Miguel Vias has left Ripple?

kanaas

3 hours ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

Every 6 months someone notices his profile doesn't say "present" for his Ripple work and the entire community starts hallucinating that he's gone and arguing about it. Every 6 months. His profile has been like this literally for years.

I'm not sure if you have a linkedin but I do - and there's an option when you "Edit Experience" that tells the site to either list "Present" or a specific date.

Are you saying he goes in monthly to manually update his "End Date" rather than simply clicking "I am currently working in this role" once ?

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 12.03.55 PM.png

Edited by aye-epp

Some have noted that when they have looked at his Linkedin page in the past, "present" has not been specified. Does he update it monthly?  I do not know if anyone has checked at that interval. 

We only know two things right now:

1. Miguel Vias' LinkedIn profile page lists a recent end date for his position at Ripple instead of saying "to present".
  2. According to some who have looked in the past ,Miguel Vias' LinkedIn profile page has always listed a recent end date for his position at Ripple instead of saying "to present" as well.  

Until something more definitive comes out, we have no confirmation Vias has left Ripple. 

Edited by WrathofKahneman

49 minutes ago, plipolip said:

ridiculous statement

Vias made some very bold claims about the liquidity status of XRP. He stated in 2018: ’My year goal is to make XRP liquidity as high as BTC’ He never came true to it (not even close) and constantly postponing ones goals is disappointing to me. 

4 hours ago, ADingoAteMyXRP said:

Every 6 months someone notices his profile doesn't say "present" for his Ripple work and the entire community starts hallucinating that he's gone and arguing about it. Every 6 months. His profile has been like this literally for years.

When Miguel Vias chooses to leave Ripple -- which he hasn't done yet -- I can guarantee you he will tell people about it.

His profile has always used the current month as his Ripple end date. Nothing has changed.

Thank you for that clarity.

Not having access to LinkedIn I’ve noted over the years that this ‘controversy’ arises periodically but didn’t understand the reason.

Maybe it’s Miguel’s idea of a fun jest to watch the storm in the teacup.   @miguel  ?

It's convenient that he's leaving right around the time that the Q1 market report is going to come out. Maybe something blew up and they said they had enough of his botch work. 

If he is going to work for Stellar then that's funny. If people think Ripple has issues that need to be sorted out then I don't know why you would go work for Ripple's ugly deceiving cousin. Lol.

18 hours ago, WrathofKahneman said:

We only know two things right now:

1. Miguel Vias' LinkedIn profile page lists a recent end date for his position at Ripple instead of saying "to present".
  2. According to some who have looked in the past ,Miguel Vias' LinkedIn profile page has always listed a recent end date for his position at Ripple instead of saying "to present" as well.  

The screenshots I posted reveal 3 additional points:

1. That he has configured LinkedIn to invite recruiters and companies to canvas him for potential roles;
  2. He has set his current title in a way that has nothing to do with Ripple; and
  3. He refers to himself as a "Crypto Payments Business Development Executive and Startup Advisor". Right-o.

If he's doing that just to confuse the XRP community, it would have to go down as some of the weirdest behaviour from any exec I can recall. Pretending not to work for a company he works for just to trick some internet randoms and crypto-loons? What would institutional clients think?

I have to assume instead that he uses LinkedIn the way most professionals do - correct/current titles and true representation of one's professional status. On that basis, his LinkedIn status is unambiguous and can be taken at face value.

But hey, this is crypto so literally anything is possible. :blink:

17 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

Thank you for that clarity.

Not having access to LinkedIn I’ve noted over the years that this ‘controversy’ arises periodically but didn’t understand the reason.

Maybe it’s Miguel’s idea of a fun jest to watch the storm in the teacup.   @miguel  ?

Yes,  I think he teases the community

17 hours ago, KarmaCoverage said:

There was confirmation and proof on a reddit thread, it has been deleted for some unknown conspiracy reasons, but the fact is Vias is no longer among the lizard people of the Ripple Army. Jed bit him and he is now a Stellar Zombie. Soon he will be hunting other Ripple lizard people, to ineffectively destroy the evil banks from competing with the Bitcoin and Stellar Zombie nations new world order.

Quarantine is the only safe option for lizard people these days. Keep your ID encrypted, and your doors locked!!! 

And "Double Tap"

On 4/22/2020 at 6:01 PM, Plikk said:

He’d better leave indeed. We need someone more capable of actually accomplishing liquidity across the crypto space for XRP. Where we stand right now, is just sad after all these years. Ripple could do so much better, i’m actually hungry for new blood. 

You're the guy that can do it, right?

• 3 weeks later...