Jump to content

Bank of America confirms Ripple partnership


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.xrparcade.com/news/bank-of-america-confirms-ripple-partnership/

I think it is not even debatable that BTC is still king in volume and majority of newcomers, big and small, are attracted by BTC. Personally I dislike BTC because it is flawed in many ways, but i

That's because serious investors don't live in an echo chamber and they realize that these things aren't as big as the fans of the various cryptos make them out to be. To fans of any particular coin,

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, DirectorCoulson said:

This is not the same as BofA ?

 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BofA_Securities

This is how Google has indexed one of the webpages of BoA's official website:
1806564675_Schermafbeelding2020-04-09om16_59_33.png.7d1622f182fb4d3418cddaa1031667ef.png

I don't think anyone has tampered with the meta title tag ;) You can verify that yourself by visiting https://www.bofaml.com/content/boaml/en_us/home.html and checking the source code of that page. It will show you the following meta title tag:

<title>Bank of America Merrill Lynch - Business Solutions </title>

Merrill is a Bank of America company.

Bank of America Merrill Lynch is also mentioned on Julie Harris' LinkedIn page:

julie.png.dc3f3a8cf772e666741b9eee1f4005b3.png

https://www.linkedin.com/in/julie-harris-450511134/

 

Edited by Danny
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VanGogh said:

While he may be correct, as it was with Blockbuster until it wasn't. The switch over from BTC to XRP is going to be like Ernest Hemingway's description of bankruptcy: "It happens very slowly at first, then all at once."  

Read my other comment please. In my opinion XRP and BTC can coincide. And there's no sign Bitcoin is dying. 2 years ago people were already claiming the flippening is happening. Look where we are now. It could flip, it could not. Comparing it to bankruptcy of a company ...

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

Read my other comment please. In my opinion XRP and BTC can coincide. And there's no sign Bitcoin is dying. 2 years ago people were already claiming the flippening is happening. Look where we are now. It could flip, it could not. Comparing it to bankruptcy of a company ...

No offense. They can coexist, but once people see that one works efficiently and one doesn't the market moves quickly. I think one can reasonably deduce that those in the know, such as Bank of America, already know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, VanGogh said:

They can coexist, but once people see that one works efficiently and one doesn't

So silver might be more efficient than gold for some things... which of them is still biggest? Efficiency is relative to what your goal is. Again, if BTC is generally accepted as a SoV having the quickest transaction time and lowest fees is not relevant. And for now BTC is generally WAAAAAY more accepted than any other crypto, be it "better" or not (yes it can change). Nobody is even talking about XRP. Yes, these few individuals here in this niche market called crypto. This doesn't have to be a bad thing. In some sense it gives XRP a higher upwards potential. And the longer BTC stays ahead, the less likely it is it'll be dethroned.

Edited by SquaryBone
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, impatient much?  Since 2018 even?   Daggone, that was yearrrrrrrs ago, wasn't it?  "(please don’t tell me that using RL Software is the first step to using XRP. If that is the case there have been plenty of banks using RL SW since 2018 and none of them have moved to XRP for massive settlements— if the message is crawl walk run, our baby is about 2 years behind schedule, and needs to get up of it’s hands and knees and do something)"  I'm guessing that you somehow think that the massive pools of liquidity necessary for handling very large transactions can be engineered overnight, right?  I myself am very comfortable with "crawl, walk, run."  It's all about the direction that Ripple is heading, and are they on the right path to get there. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and presume that you've never "enjoyed" the pleasure of backpacking - a lot of good lessons come from it. First and foremost, is that rarely is anything accomplished in "leaps and bounds," - it comes down to perseverance and being comfortable with "baby steps." 

Edited by WuWei
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

if BTC is generally accepted as a SoV having the quickest transaction time and lowest fees is not relevant.

Were you around during the 2017/2018 rally? If so I'm sure you would remember that BTC was painful to trade. You didn't know if your trade was successful or not often for hours. That was with just a few speculators relative to the what the market will be when adoption really takes place, especially if there is a run fueled by the current Coronavirus/financial crisis. It's true there are more exchanges, on-ramps, etc. and they are better prepared, but the underlying problem has still not been solved with BTC. All the while Ripple has only improved and built out their tech and partnerships to increase the velocity of exchange. I do not believe that the store of value argument will sustain BTC. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SquaryBone said:

So silver might be more efficient than gold for some things... which of them is still biggest? Efficiency is relative to what your goal is. Again, if BTC is generally accepted as a SoV having the quickest transaction time and lowest fees is not relevant. And for now BTC is generally WAAAAAY more accepted than any other crypto, be it "better" or not (yes it can change). Nobody is even talking about XRP. Yes, these few individuals here in this niche market called crypto. This doesn't have to be a bad thing. In some sense it gives XRP a higher upwards potential. And the longer BTC stays ahead, the less likely it is it'll be dethroned.

And those who do find the issue of low speed and high fees annoying, you can suggest to send BTC using the XRP ledger :)

Edited by Danny
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VanGogh said:

Were you around during the 2017/2018 rally? If so I'm sure you would remember that BTC was painful to trade. You didn't know if your trade was successful or not often for hours. That was with just a few speculators relative to the what the market will be when adoption really takes place, especially if there is a run fueled by the current Coronavirus/financial crisis. It's true there are more exchanges, on-ramps, etc. and they are better prepared, but the underlying problem has still not been solved with BTC. All the while Ripple has only improved and built out their tech and partnerships to increase the velocity of exchange. I do not believe that the store of value argument will sustain BTC. 

Nobody talks it but I am sure that was the real reason XRP and many alts went ballistic (XRP 30,000%). Everyone was stuck in Bitcoin and then needed a way to exit when Bitcoin started to lock up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

Nobody talks it but I am sure that was the real reason XRP and many alts went ballistic (XRP 30,000%).

It also acted like a classic penny stock. It was so much cheaper per unit, people thought they could just load up and in no time it would be worth hundreds of dollars or more like the other major coins

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, VanGogh said:

Were you around during the 2017/2018 rally? If so I'm sure you would remember that BTC was painful to trade. You didn't know if your trade was successful or not often for hours. That was with just a few speculators relative to the what the market will be when adoption really takes place, especially if there is a run fueled by the current Coronavirus/financial crisis. It's true there are more exchanges, on-ramps, etc. and they are better prepared, but the underlying problem has still not been solved with BTC. All the while Ripple has only improved and built out their tech and partnerships to increase the velocity of exchange. I do not believe that the store of value argument will sustain BTC. 

I was :) Trading was painful when compared to buying stocks, ... A lot had to do with the exchanges though. Their APIs and servers were not prepared. BTC doesn't have to move on-chain unless you want to put it in your own wallet (so not just the database being updated of who has what).
Then again if you want to just trade you can just buy BTC on "paper" for a while now.

However I feel like this is a bad comparison for a SoV. You should compare holding BTC with gold bullion. You are aware what the current delays are in physical gold deliveries? That's painful too. Yet it's still around all time highs. All that for a yellow brick that people put in a safe. We're not going to pay with it anytime soon.
There's nothing wrong with a second layer either. XRP has 1500tps but that's still not enough. I heard nothing anymore about the Cobalt upgrade. And David said it was like switching an engine mid-flight, so very risky and probably wouldn't happen. So XRPL might need another layer as well if we want to facilitate all the world's transactions. Also the account system does not scale that well neither to have an XRP wallet for everyone on this planet. That's why they made the amendment to allow for the destruction of an account.

Both have flaws.

BTC might succeed: fine. XRP might succeed: fine. Or maybe both. Extra fine for me. :) 
I do believe in XRP, due to Ripple, SBI, ... I really feel like they could be a winner. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

It also acted like a classic penny stock. It was so much cheaper per unit, people thought they could just load up and in no time it would be worth hundreds of dollars or more like the other major coins

Sadly enought that was truly what some believed. 589, 2000, 10000, ... I mean 10k$ ?!?!?! :D 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.