eonomia

Join the RippleTalk and make the Cryptocurrency Great Again :D

Well, personally, I like the idea of turning XRP into a global currency. 

With all due respect, I have to ask: Make it great again? I believe it IS great, and has been. It is time to let it really shine, and Ripple is doing an excellent job of this.

Essentially, just like Trump pushed people away by saying "Lets make America great again!", wearing that slogan on a CHINESE MADE HAT, so too can we walk into unforeseen repercussions when trying to attract people from the masses using a slogan that is utterly insulting and a lie.

Nothing against you. The term "make it great again" is demeaning and has a negative overtone. Again, nothing against you, just insight into how a person (myself) feels regarding things like this. 

Remember: if nobody stops us to explain how what we say or do is offensive, how will we ever truly know aside from body language? What we say is just as important as what we do. 

That is all.

55 minutes ago, ObservantOne said:

Well, personally, I like the idea of turning XRP into a global currency. 

With all due respect, I have to ask: Make it great again? I believe it IS great, and has been. It is time to let it really shine, and Ripple is doing an excellent job of this.

Essentially, just like Trump pushed people away by saying "Lets make America great again!", wearing that slogan on a CHINESE MADE HAT, so too can we walk into unforeseen repercussions when trying to attract people from the masses using a slogan that is utterly insulting and a lie.

Nothing against you. The term "make it great again" is demeaning and has a negative overtone. Again, nothing against you, just insight into how a person (myself) feels regarding things like this. 

Remember: if nobody stops us to explain how what we say or do is offensive, how will we ever truly know aside from body language? What we say is just as important as what we do. 

That is all.

It was joking my friend by using these words :D, absolutely Ripple is great as you said 

3 minutes ago, eonomia said:

It was joking my friend by using these words :D, absolutely Ripple is great as you said 

It is all good :) I just wanted to let you know how using a slogan (even obliquely) can set people off on a bad feeling because of Trump. 

It is a disgrace, really, but the way things are for now.

As I said, all is well, and I am not mad at you or anything. I just wished to share my perspective.

Wishin you the best, friend.

Just now, ObservantOne said:

It is all good :) I just wanted to let you know how using a slogan (even obliquely) can set people off on a bad feeling because of Trump. 

It is a disgrace, really, but the way things are for now.

As I said, all is well, and I am not mad at you or anything. I just wished to share my perspective.

Wishin you the best, friend.

Thank you for your kindly advice ObservantOne , my dear friend 

Wishing you the same :)

I would like to respectfully disagree with the @ObservantOne. America as any nation-state has citizens who pay taxes in return for services provided by nation-state programs. These programs are the result of years of community values worked for locally.

Globalism has been a negative force which has:

1: taken down the nation-state's ability to represent its citizens, by way of changes to how organizations can sue for damages to the corporation's future profitability. This type of Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) directly undermines democracies in all nation-states. Your families send representatives government to represent your interests. When that system fails and representatives do not work to advance the interests of the communities who voted them into office, then there is a problem. Since the mid1990s the US has been outsourcing middle class jobs to Asian countries. This in part has caused the US to suffer under a 20 Trillion dollar debt. Trillion with a T. The US Gross Domestic Product is only 15 Trillion.

2: the financialization of the US economy is the cause the this outsourcing. Financialization does not improve the lives of the middle class and certainly does not enable the lower class to move to the middle class.

My, my... I could go on...

Ripple, Bitcoin and Ethereum will attempt to reverse this process.

--

There was no choice for American voters in the last election. Clinton would have carried globalization and outsourcing on, and on, and on... wiping out the middle class.

Trump is only a manifestation the problems in the US that need to be fixed. I expect he will fail, but I am supportive of his policies.

--

I do not reside in America. The primary reason that I am involved in the crypto currency space is specifically related to opportunities to bring income back to middle class citizens globally. Yes, the middle man needs to be removed, diminished in value.

--

Ripple XRP is a remarkable product, developed in America by Americans. It is a great product... and an important export.

Edited by Guest

Please try to keep non-relevant political discussions in "Off-Topic"

13 hours ago, MundoXRP said:

I like xrpchat.. those people should come here

I like xrpchat too. But this is wonderful, XRP being talked about in a positive way on reddit. 2017 the year zerp gets some love.