Sign in to follow this  
xerxesramesepolybius

Does anyone in real world care about XRP and cryptocurrency

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

This not be meant to be FUD

Check

but really after two years of crypto winter,

This is not correct. It's your crypto winter. I am frolicking around for 3 years and others for much longer

You have seen winter apparently, I know there are a couple with a full summer under their belts and even more finding the sun even in these 'crypto winters', using your words. Don't worry your Summer will come as well.

the current financial/health crisis the financial sector, regulators, institutional investors all have other things on their mind

Thank you for your insights but let me make an assumptions that you don't have a clue about the agenda's of the people you're referring to. Or please enlighten us with evidence and back up your massive claim.

and crypto is clearly not an alternative to gold in times of trouble. 

I would like to advise you to really check your information before stating the obvious. Any sane man or woman with a bit of knowledge about crypto and current markets would agree crypto is not an alternative for gold. Some crypto's could potentially reach that level. Besides there still is no alternative for gold until we all agree to replace gold with whatever our little narratives can think of for the moment.

Maybe ask around first, learn a thing or two and try not to be too emotional about business before showering us with your insecurities. Seek your opportunities, they are plenty but not for the closed minded ones. Never fear, steady breathing and a clear mind will help you in times like these. 

Good luck!

Edited by Trisky

I agree with the eventual digitization/tokenization of the USD (for example) but how does that change the way monetary policy will be executed? I don't mean to put words in anyone's mouth but everyone says "Shame on the US Government" for recklessly printing money.

If/when the US converts to blockchain, I believe they would retain the ability to print new tokens. If they were to use something similar to XRP then they would likely add a feature so that supply is not fixed.

I don't see a scenario where they would simply adopt an existing digital assets because that would be too much uncertainty for them.

If anything, blockchain would make it easier for the US government to influence supply instantly because it would, in theory, simply be an execution of code on the blockchain.

8 minutes ago, AlejoMoreno said:

If/when the US converts to blockchain, I believe they would retain the ability to print new tokens. If they were to use something similar to XRP then they would likely add a feature so that supply is not fixed.

Yes, a CBDC would be like USDTether

2 hours ago, Bettergoham said:

Yo @DirectorCoulson, you can't start out every post the same way, it becomes too obvious you started a second account.

Leave that man alone and let him speak freely! 

As long as the mods dont deactivate my ability to post comments im good.

But i would like to get back to posting with the fellow xrp chat members in the xrpbox. I cant my access got restricted.  Strange

Posted (edited)

BTC and some other cryptos could do very well out of this crisis for various reasons. I wouldn't write them off. Imagine for instance if the stock markets took a 30 day "holiday" as some pundits are suggesting. 

The drawdown in pretty much everything at present is due to a liquidity crisis. Once the stock market stabilises I personally think cryptos (and gold and silver) will go much higher. Hard to say if that will happen today or in a few months though. Most bear markets in stocks last several months at least. This could be a second Great Depression, in which case the bear market could last 3 years +

In 2008 precious metals started rising before stocks bottomed out.

Edited by JA8

8 hours ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

i said he probably left Coinbase because he has a lack of faith in Coinbase.

Did you know that people leave jobs for better jobs all the time? 

For all you know, he could have been offered more money, more responsibility, etc. Many people even go into other jobs for arbitrary reasons such as the job title... Also, why would he have a lack of faith in Coinbase? They went from $17 million in revenue with a $16 million loss in 2016 to $923 million in revenue with $380 million in profits in 2017. Their $300 million Series E financing in October 2018 put their valuation at $8 billion... Today they service 30+ countries around the world. What faith do you believe he's lacking? 

1 hour ago, JA8 said:

Once the stock market stabilises I personally think cryptos (and gold and silver) will go much higher.

Crazy that the spot price for (physical) silver on most exchanges right now is nearly 100% higher than the cost per ounce... Massive shortage on physical PM's.

Like it or not, as much of the developed world goes into various degrees of lock down I don’t think is unfair to say, nobody of any consequence gives a damn about crypto. Time to get on with out lives as much as we can.

10 hours ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

but come on guys when people leave an employer it is generally because they have a lack of faith in them

You ask if you are wrong.  Yes, you are.  

People leave jobs for all sorts of reasons.  

Probably the most common in career minded people is to step up one step on the ladder to a better position.  

3 hours ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

Nobody of any consequence gives a damn about crypto.

Maybe Brad is more busy with all the mayhem going on who knows. Same as Chris and all the other nobodies of any consequence kinda people who have been working in the industry for many many years now and will go back to work (if not already) when this crazy quarantine apocalypse ends.

Or it's the end as we know it.

What is your point? Who should worry about crypto during this crisis, how much consequence must there be? Is it really necessary to go through this all? Isn't that a little bit sick?

Time to get on with out lives as much as we can.

20 hours ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

Like it or not, as much of the developed world goes into various degrees of lock down I don’t think is unfair to say, nobody of any consequence gives a damn about crypto. Time to get on with out lives as much as we can.

Go "FUD" yourself! You're clearly wrong. This graphic from today tells an XRP holder all he/she needs to know about whether or not there is current interest in XRP. Notice how they are all curling up? People are rapidly accumulating at all levels. 

720955330_ScreenShot2020-03-19at12_51_13PM.thumb.png.8a5f2fd66db7f57aa3edd25aa83ff50f.png

On 3/18/2020 at 11:14 AM, VanGogh said:

Here's an article by Brian Brooks, the executive from Coinbase who just this week was tapped to oversee all U.S. banks: 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/18/business/dealbook/digital-reserve-currency.html

"...Countries around the world are racing to lead the next revolution in financial technology. . . "

"America must maintain its leadership role by leading the way on research and development of cryptocurrency technologies — just as it did in the early days of the internet — rather than stifling it. And if it does, it could ultimately build dominant cryptocurrency technologies that become the backbone of the 21st Century financial system."

from minute 1:15 to 6:15 is why he joined , some quick research you can see his long history with Mnuchin , research is something the OP doesn't do