The Trade Idea Thread

I've officially made the jump from hodler to trader.  I know there are many others on this forum who also have an interest in trading or at least have a trading stack that they play with.  I figured we could pool our resources and use this thread as a place to highlight ideas, potential setups, etc.

Currently, I am mostly in fiat.  Made a small trade today longing BTC at 5200 and selling just under 5500.  I am working under the assumption that BTC will be heading back down to retest the lows from last night.  Watching these converging trend lines as a potential breaking point and hoping to pick up some BTC under 4k if it breaks down.

CEIXeBn9

Still waiting for BTC to break down some more but I am also watching for a potential up move if it can clear the 0.382 fib, it might have some room to run up before it dumps back down.  Watching closely.

cf8r1Uiy

Let me give you a little hit mr ta man. They just hours ago announced the first Coronavirus death in Manhattan. That's Manhattan, NYC. This thing has gotten to this point where BTC dropped to 4k from just speculation on the news of how bad it might get. What do you think is going to happen in the coming weeks when there are real deaths stateside and those images fill the media coverage? I'm absolutely dead serious when I say this, BTC will go sub 1k by April if not sooner. I am saddened by the deaths but my god what an opportunity we will have before us in the coming weeks to expand our xrp holdings and other coins. I would not buy a damn thing just yet. Hodl tight.

Edited by Lambosexual
Er
7 minutes ago, Lambosexual said:

Let me give you a little hit mr ta man. They just hours ago announced the first Coronavirus death in Manhattan. That's Manhattan, NYC. This thing has gotten to this point where BTC dropped to 4k from just speculation on the news of how bad it might get. What do you think is going to happen in the coming weeks when there are real deaths stateside and those images fill the media coverage? I'm absolutely dead serious when I say this, BTC will go sub 1k by April if not sooner. I am saddened by the deaths but my god what an opportunity we will have before us in the coming weeks to expand our xrp holdings and other coins. I would not buy a damn thing just yet. Hodl tight.

may be possible , under 3k$ bitcoin would be really good for long term holding 

3 minutes ago, Archbob said:

Bro swinging in the BTC/XRP ratio is literally Free XRP right now without much risk.

on which platform you do this ?

On Coinbase , the fees make it hard to make profit , if you don't have big amounts 

@Molten - looking at BTC in the $3k - $4k range. Would make my first BTC purchase ever lol but assuming PlanB’s Stock to Flow model holds up price should recover to $9k - $10k range. However, not sure how the liquidity crunch has been affecting prices aside from some liquidations on leveraged positions. Hopefully, this period marks the inflow of new capital into the space that may have been on the sidelines given where prices are. 

I’ve been using Bitrue to stake certain assets in their Power Piggy platform and have been reinvesting the earned interest into other tokens to build positions since they have a lot of trading pairs. VET has been great on the platform given its higher base interest rate (meaning no Bitrue token ownership is needed to get a higher interest rate). They also pay out accrued VTHO and have a BTC/VTHO trading pair helping increase earned interest. Note, I stake a certain % of total assets owned for this strategy in case anything happens to the exchange.

Disclaimer: do your own research before using a new platform 

EDIT: I could see certain teams increasing token buybacks at these low prices but that’s just me speculating. 

Edited by Mpolnet

Sorry, didn't have time to post it beforehand but I jumped into BTC right when the fed announced rate cut to 0% and QE.  Got in just under 5400 and cashed out around 5800. 7% in about 20 min work.  Still waiting for BTC to crash before establishing a solid long position.