Dear Ripple, please make this fact public

quan

1 minute ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

Ever heard of Chris Larsen? You think the Schwartz has no XRP? I was simply stating facts.

Chris larson is not one of the inventors. He is the entrepreneur who helped founding the company.  I just wrote that david gave up the billions of xrp he received as the inventor. 

What david has now is the xrp that bought in the market with his own money. 

So what's your analogy? 

2 minutes ago, quan said:

What david has now is the xrp that bought in the market with his own money. 

Please provide a source for that. I am not going to even attempt at an analogy.

Chris Larsen was one of the founders of XRP and Ripple. I think you may be getting too hung up on the word “inventor”

pleas lets not re-write history it does not do anyone any good, even Ripple.

6 minutes ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

There is nothing inherently wrong with the fact Ripple and XRP were invented by the same people.

So How does that make xrp a illegal security? Can you explain? 

1 minute ago, xerxesramesepolybius said:

Have you read any of my comments? Did I anywhere anywhere say XRP is an illegal security? Anywhere? 
No.

Then what are you trying to say? 

If you can't come up with your own analogy to counter mine, then just remain silence. What is the point? 

Just now, quan said:

Then what are you trying to say? 

If you can't come up with your own analogy to counter mine, then just remain silence. What is the point? 

Please, I just don’t think your analogy was very good or based the actual history.

Thats it.

Not an attack on you, Ripple or XRP,  which be clear to anyone reading my comments.

maybe we should have a specific analogy thread competition and the a vote on Twitter. Then I might join. What is the prize?

2 hours ago, iLeeT said:

They are not a large investor, rather large stakeholder. Hard to 'invest' too much when your whole stack was gifted to you.

I'm not sure whether you are joking or being serious.

Ofcoarse what I meant by 'invest ' was Ripple investing on building the ecosystem for xrp. 

Building ecosystem is where the tremendous amount of money is needed.  Coin itself is worthless without the ecosystem. 

Edited by quan

16 minutes ago, quan said:

Coin itself is worthless without the ecosystem. 

No, it's not. 99% of the coins out there don't have much of an ecosystem and are able to outperform the few 'utility' tokens.

Investing into an ecosystem by selling your gifted tokens is hardly considered 'investing', is it. More than a billion dollars later there isn't a single bank using XRP - I'd argue the price of XRP now would be worth twice as much without all those xPring and the likes investing.. which in most cases has nothing to do with XRP, it's just expanding Ripple's business.

19 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

No, it's not. 99% of the coins out there don't have much of an ecosystem and are able to outperform the few 'utility' tokens.

Investing into an ecosystem by selling your gifted tokens is hardly considered 'investing', is it. More than a billion dollars later there isn't a single bank using XRP - I'd argue the price of XRP now would be worth twice as much without all those xPring and the likes investing.. which in most cases has nothing to do with XRP, it's just expanding Ripple's business.

I guess you are not joking. Let me give you some critical thinking topics. 

-Can a coin without utility last? 

-How did the gifted xrp gained value?  By itself? 

-There is nothing wrong with selling their asset and using the fund to expand the ecosystem. The plan has been announce from the beginning. 

-Should Ripple just hold and do nothing about xrp to increase the value? Then how does the intrinsic value created other than speculation? 

- How much money does it costs to rebuild the global financial infrastructure? Let me tell you the FED and the US Government could not even think about changing it for the last 20 years because it costs too much and net work is too complicated. 

@quan , I don't want to get into lengthy discussions to be honest as I won't change your mind about anything and you probably won't change mine either, but since I'm under quarantine anyway let me address some of the points.

Can a coin without utility last?  

Of course. Almost all coints have no utility and they've been around for more than 5 years. Heck, coins like ETC even got 51% attacked, devs left and they are still in top20 of the market. Another example - LTC, been around for ages. Just a stupid fork of BTC, barely any development for the past 2-3 years, just look at their github repo - https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin/commits/master 

Even the only use case left for BTC got annihilated last week when BTC lost 50% in a day. Safe haven my аss.

How did the gifted xrp gained value?  By itself? 

It was more or less dragged by BTC (and to be honest ETH) that triggered the bull run. Obviously, I'm not saying that the fact XRPL is such a good tech doesn't add value - on the contrary. But it's not essential in this market. It's all about supply and demand at the end of the day.

There is nothing wrong with selling their asset and using the fund to expand the ecosystem. The plan has been announce from the beginning. 

That's alright. I'm just saying I don't consider this as investing in its purest form. To be honest, from the beginning they announced they'll be investing in companies and startups that work on XRPL (which is exactly what expanding and building the ecosystem is) - however, that plan got thrown away. Probably about 10-20% of the money from xpring went into XRPL.

Should Ripple just hold and do nothing about xrp to increase the value? Then how does the intrinsic value created other than speculation? 

I think it's too late for Ripple to do much anyway. It's not an easy issue to solve by any means. The value of XRP is only created by speculators and degenerate gamblers (myself included)

How much money does it costs to rebuild the global financial infrastructure?

They might be rebuilding the global financial infrastructure (they are not, but don't want to go into that), but the XRP use case is a specific one, it's not tied to rebuilding the whole financial infrastructure. 

Anyway, just my .02c, take it or leave it :)

Edited by iLeeT

5 minutes ago, iLeeT said:

Anyway, just my .02c, take it or leave it :)

I’m pretty sure I disagree with you on something or other (just from memory of reading posts over last years) but I can’t disagree with anything you said above.

On the infrastructure...  at the moment Ripple are taking on cross border payments...  that’s not the whole financial infrastructure but it’s not nothing either.  Later on if the Internet of Value ever gets built and micropayments evolve then perhaps you could say the Ripple ARE rebuilding the entire infrastructure but it’s too soon yet.

I’m getting the impression that we are at a black swan/turning point and what happens in the next month or three might make or break our hopes for XRP.