strikerjax

Corona Virus & Crypto

Having an immune system doesn't mean automatic immunity,that's why we have vaccines to train the immune system to fight particular diseases. Corona is a novel pathogen so no one coming into contact with it for the first time will have immunity to it which is why scientists are trying to develop a vaccine for it. Recovering from it is no guarantee the immune system has developed immunity to it. Some people who have fully recovered from corona have, at a later date, contracted it again showing that they did not develop immunity to it. Some will and some wont.

@Dogowner5 I feel your frustration.

3 hours ago, StrangeDays said:

Having an immune system doesn't mean automatic immunity,that's why we have vaccines to train the immune system to fight particular diseases. Corona is a novel pathogen so no one coming into contact with it for the first time will have immunity to it which is why scientists are trying to develop a vaccine for it. Recovering from it is no guarantee the immune system has developed immunity to it. Some people who have fully recovered from corona have, at a later date, contracted it again showing that they did not develop immunity to it. Some will and some wont.

@Dogowner5 I feel your frustration.

Thanks.  Yeah.

One thing.  I see you put a notification tag in there for me.  The @ symbol triggers a notification link to be created.   In this case it didn’t.  
I suspect it was because you used a iPad or suchlike and maybe the drag-down effect on a key to get the @ symbol.  I’ve noticed that method doesn’t work...  you need to select the numbers keyboard and use the @ symbol from there for it to trigger the JavaScript or whatever creates the link.  Just a silly little quirk.  

1 hour ago, Cesar1810 said:

I leave this here.

are 10 min. very interesting.

a different perspective.

I wasn’t able to understand it because it’s in a language I don’t speak.  But I got the impression it might be blaming CV-19 (or possibly the existence of SARS-CoV-2?) on 5G signals.

I dunno.

But if it’s that...  then I’m glad I didn’t waste time watching it.  Maybe I’m wrong.  Not sure what it was.  But in general, if the nearly entire scientific community have an opinion,  it is most often correct.

The lone researcher with a wildly divergent theory is only in extremely rare cases correct.  But it is a romantic image that the media often portray,  so people who hear such theories tend to place higher credence in them than they really should.

Anyway...   there is right now a refrigerated van backed up to the loading bay in a New York hospital acting as a temporary emergency morgue.  So yeah...  normal flu season stuff...    NOT.

5 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

But in general, if the nearly entire scientific community have an opinion,  it is most often correct.

Actually, the more hypothetical and specialized the field, the more inversely-square they are wrong.

I especially love "experts" who are "expert" in fields which are themselves built on conditional prob.

(Know what I don't like?  People who take "news of the day" and apply it to their hobbies/interests.)

13 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

Actually, the more hypothetical and specialized the field, the more inversely-square they are wrong.

I especially love "experts" who are "expert" in fields which are themselves built on conditional prob.

(Know what I don't like?  People who take "news of the day" and apply it to their hobbies/interests.)

Sorry but I don’t understand what you mean.  I’m a bit thick sometimes and miss the point.

But I do think it’s true that if most of science have a understanding of something then it generally is correct.  It often gets refined and improved,  but it is very rare for a total reversal of the understanding to happen based on the work of a very few contrarian scientists who saw the truth the rest missed.

New facts and measurements often open new fields of study but true paradigm shifts are rare.

On 3/26/2020 at 2:54 AM, retep said:

Wrong again.....

The immune system is a host defense system comprising many biological structures and processes within an organism that protects against disease. To function properly, an immune system must detect a wide variety of agents, known as pathogens, from viruses to parasitic worms, and distinguish them from the organism's own healthy tissue.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_system

Next time do your homework instead sucking everything out of your thumb.

The immune system both prevents you from getting sick and helps you get better once you are sick. For example, it can prevent infection by a novel microbe and it can clear a novel microbe once you have bee infected. The immune system can also help to repair organs that have been damaged by microbes after the pathogen is cleared. It can also help to clear cancer cells and non-living foreign particle like plastic.