Corona Virus & Crypto

22 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

@retep you really don’t get it or you didn’t read my post.  It’s not the numbers now.  And yeah,  everyone knows that the vast bulk of people who get this only have mild or even no symptoms.  And that many who get seriously sick eventually recover (because they had medical facilities still available).

I won’t bother explaining it further,  but the problem is not today’s numbers,  (although in Italy it is) it’s next months numbers after some more exponential growth and the medical systems fall apart.  You are like the child on the freeway standing looking the wrong way and saying... “see I told you there was no danger”.   It’s obvious to the rest of the world,  but not you apparently.

I can’t understand why you can’t see that,  but I’m going to give up on your education now.

Like I said initially,  I thought this level of ignorance was a myth.

Like i said before, in my country alone, normaly about 2000 people die every year from the flu, and in 2018 even 11000 people died from a flu,

so that's an alarming rate , but we didn't panic and we didn't lock down anything and it all just went by as nothing happend.

And the flu wasn't in my country alone back then, so why the panic right now because this is just another world wide outbreak 

where only the old and weak people die as usual.

Now here's a link that shows numbers of americans who got sick and died from influenza as they call it with a genteel word.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/index.html

So now tell me what the big difference is with this years virus? I'm sure that when i would search a little more, then i could come up with

numbers from germany, italy, spain and every country on this planet, but i don't even bother because i already know the outcome and that is

that the flu ( no matter witch type) is always and everywhere, and each year millions of people do get it and most people get well 

and some do die from it as ever. And even now no healthy person below 60 did die from this virus, except the ones who already had

health problems that weaken their immun system, so the healthy people have nothing to worry about as ever!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol, you still don’t get what the real problem is?  It isnt the virus itself or the death toll, but the limited health care capacity which would cause enormous problems. Governments in every country a

Anyone who uses the word denier in a scientific discourse is showing a complete disregard for the practice of science where evidence is discussed with both sides able to listen to the view of the othe

Let me get this straight...   you invest in crypto and don’t understand the power of exponential growth? That when a hospital is overwhelmed by patients then normally routine emergencies like mil

Posted Images

On 3/23/2020 at 4:35 PM, yezu said:

soon you're going to be posting and replying to yourself only ;-)

You say that like it's a bad thing

Like i said before, in my country alone, normaly about 2000 people die every year from the flu, and in 2018 even 11000 people died from a flu,
so that's an alarming rate , but we didn't panic and we didn't lock down anything and it all just went by as nothing happend.
And the flu wasn't in my country alone back then, so why the panic right now because this is just another world wide outbreak 
where only the old and weak people die as usual.
Now here's a link that shows numbers of americans who got sick and died from influenza as they call it with a genteel word.
So now tell me what the big difference is with this years virus? I'm sure that when i would search a little more, then i could come up with
numbers from germany, italy, spain and every country on this planet, but i don't even bother because i already know the outcome and that is
that the flu ( no matter witch type) is always and everywhere, and each year millions of people do get it and most people get well 
and some do die from it as ever. And even now no healthy person below 60 did die from this virus, except the ones who already had
health problems that weaken their immun system, so the healthy people have nothing to worry about as ever!

What country do live? If they really are acting like you say then I do wish you and your family all the luck. They'll need it...
59 minutes ago, retep said:

So now tell me what the big difference is with this years virus?

I’ve already told you repeatedly,  it’s that no one has an immunity (unlike ordinary flu where many have a natural immunity) so if no action is taken the numbers will go through the roof, overwhelm the health systems and the death toll will dwarf the flu.

The word NOVEL is in its description...  it’s never been seen before.  THATS the difference.

I said it best right at the start:  how can you be in crypto and not understand what happens with exponential growth?

I think there is no point continuing if you can’t understand that.  

18 minutes ago, Dogowner5 said:

I’ve already told you repeatedly,  it’s that no one has an immunity (unlike ordinary flu where many have a natural immunity) so if no action is taken the numbers will go through the roof, overwhelm the health systems and the death toll will dwarf the flu.

The word NOVEL is in its description...  it’s never been seen before.  THATS the difference.

I said it best right at the start:  how can you be in crypto and not understand what happens with exponential growth?

I think there is no point continuing if you can’t understand that.  

no vaccin, nobody with immunity, slow incubation time (7-10 days) and fast spreading.... a pandemic cocktail.

difference you say?

When you in 2019 had a flu with serious respiratory infection, you might have died but at least they could always have tried and cured you in available hospital/intensive care beds

When in 2020 you become respiratory infected by covid10 they might try to help you IF there's a free bed, free staff and free repiratory equipment...

That's what I call a huge difference.....

And now  @retep please stop arguing before I will call you ignorant, dumbass and asshole in one sentence

5 hours ago, retep said:

Como dije antes, solo en mi país, normalmente alrededor de 2000 personas mueren cada año de gripe, y en 2018 incluso 11000 personas murieron de gripe,

así que es una tasa alarmante, pero no entramos en pánico y no bloqueamos nada y todo pasó como nada sucedió.

Y la gripe no estaba solo en mi país en ese entonces, entonces, ¿por qué el pánico en este momento porque este es solo otro brote mundial? 

donde solo las personas viejas y débiles mueren como siempre.

Ahora, aquí hay un enlace que muestra el número de estadounidenses que se enfermaron y murieron de influenza como lo llaman con una palabra amable.

¿Ahora dime cuál es la gran diferencia con el virus de este año? Estoy seguro de que cuando buscaría un poco más, podría pensar

números de Alemania, Italia, España y todos los países de este planeta, pero ni siquiera me molesto porque ya sé el resultado y eso es

que la gripe (sin importar el tipo de bruja) es siempre y en todas partes, y cada año millones de personas la contraen y la mayoría de las personas se recuperan 

y algunos mueren por eso como siempre. E incluso ahora, ninguna persona sana menor de 60 años murió a causa de este virus, excepto las que ya tenían

problemas de salud que debilitan su sistema inmunológico, por lo que las personas sanas no tienen nada de qué preocuparse como siempre

I have to say that I also align with your thoughts ...

it is the paranoia of the people themselves collectively that GROWS EXPONENTIALLY.

I don't see it being that serious. prevention is always better than cure .... but all this from covid sounds strange to me.

very rare.

6 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

I’ve already told you repeatedly,  it’s that no one has an immunity (unlike ordinary flu where many have a natural immunity)

Yes people do have an immunity against this virus, because over 100.000 infected people did get better! 

45 minutes ago, retep said:

Yes people do have an immunity against this virus, because over 100.000 infected people did get better! 

No you haven’t understood.  Immunity isnt about getting better, it’s about not getting sick in the first place.

Thats the problem here...  because this is a new virus it will rip through the populace in way bigger numbers than a normal flu because the herd of people haven’t got the preventative immunity from previous attacks of this particular virus.  

Every time you quote numbers you seem to forget that it’s just starting...   if we lockdown there is a chance of getting it slowed enough to not overwhelm hospitals.  But right now the GROWTH in the numbers tells anyone with capacity to think ahead what will likely happen.

If you let a flu rip through without any preventative measures then only a small percentage of people will get it.  If you do that same with CV-19 then it will infect most people.  So the numbers are much, much larger.  They are not there yet, but if we took the “no action” that you seem to prefer,  then every hospital on earth would be totally overwhelmed and people would die of respiratory failure as well as all the emergencies that a hospital can in normal times save you from.

This is all really basic stuff, it’s fairly simple and easily understood.  I’ve explained it as best I can.  I hope you have a nice life.

19 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

covid-19 is one flu strain

it's not a strain of influenza, it's a strain of coronaviridae

19 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

vast majority of cases it does not even cause symptoms.

Data from the Diamond Princess indicate that is causes symptoms in 50% of infected individuals

19 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

I have friends who confirmed that, despite being vaccinated against flu, they were also ill.

The flu vaccine is not perfect and does not confer 100% protection

19 hours ago, JJJ2 said:

The fact that in Germany there are only a tiny fraction of deaths due to corona compared to Italy depends on that fact IMHO.

The mortality rate will increase if hospital capacity is overwhelmed, that is part of what happened in Italy. 1/3 of hospitalized individuals need to be placed on a ventilator and 50% of those who are on a ventilator survive. 

13 hours ago, Dogowner5 said:

No you haven’t understood.  Immunity isnt about getting better, it’s about not getting sick in the first place.

Wrong again.....

The immune system is a host defense system comprising many biological structures and processes within an organism that protects against disease. To function properly, an immune system must detect a wide variety of agents, known as pathogens, from viruses to parasitic worms, and distinguish them from the organism's own healthy tissue.

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immune_system

Next time do your homework instead sucking everything out of your thumb.

1 hour ago, retep said:

Wrong again.....

I haven’t been wrong even once in this discussion.

1 hour ago, retep said:

Next time do your homework instead sucking everything out of your thumb.

I am certain that I understand far more about this than you do.  I don’t need to copy and paste information (that you clearly don’t understand) from Wikipedia.

Look, I’ve seen a few things on the interwebbys lately that might make your inexplicable foolishness a little bit clearer.  There are now a number of right wing pundits trying to push the insane line that “it’s just another flu” and “the cure is worse than the disease”.

Ok, maybe that’s your source of information.  Which means it’s become political,  and I am definitely out now.  Have a nice life.

“the cure is worse than the disease”.

That was before anyone saw collapsed healthcare services coming....
Wonder how those like@retep would cry when (s)he or his/her friend, partner, mom, dad, grandparent,.... became very ill but couldned enter a hospital with no more places available?

In a democracy lockdown will only be socially acceptable for a limited period, after that people will simply start to ignore it.  From what I understand there will be a progressiveness waves followed by periods of lockdown.  The vaccine is at least a year away, but some anti viral drugs are showing positive effects.  I think the most optimistic scenario is that the lockdown will allow the antivirals to be found so that the viral pneumonia can be suppressed, and this will reduce pressure on the hospital services. 

On 3/26/2020 at 12:35 PM, Dogowner5 said:

I am certain that I understand far more about this than you do. 

So now you're a corona expert then, right doc?

I don’t need to copy and paste information (that you clearly don’t understand) from Wikipedia.

Sure you don't because you are the expert, so you know everything better, even better than what's on wikipedia.

Hell if only there would be a law that forbids to questioning your knowledge, right? 

Edited by retep