Jump to content
strikerjax

Corona Virus & Crypto

Recommended Posts

 

This is from Ryan Selkis's blog :       https://messari.io/article/rip-moon-times

With crisis comes challenges and opportunities, and I expect four things to happen in the crypto markets over the remainder of the year.

We’re in the midst of a historic flight to safety and liquidity. Bitcoin is a risk asset. It’s not a safe haven in a recession, but rather a check on fiat inflationary pressures. It will sell off with the rest of the risk asset market at first, but may perform moderately better if there’s real juice in the “digital gold” meme. The halving narrative is completely dead now. The only thing that matters with respect to the halving now is whether it breaks the mining market.

The Fed is out of policy tools as this isn’t a financial crisis. The economic stimulus will soon hinge on the MMT narrative picking up steam, and Congress passing a relief package that eclipses the multi-trillion dollar stimulus bills we saw during the financial crisis. We’ll see QE and negative rate setting world wide, and it will put more pressure on pensions to find historically uncorrelated assets that could boost returns…however unconventional. That means we could see a bottom for bitcoin followed by its first rally as part of a bona fide digital gold basket.

Outside of BTC and ETH, I’d expect a late 2018 caliber bloodbath. Nothing else is critical to own or hold right now outside of these two assets, and in a market that may go down 20, 30, 40%, with an unknowable negative human toll (both health and economic wellbeing), the parlor games of the shitcoin casino are over. Crypto assets with strong fundamentals will finally have their day in the sun, and we’ll see the decoupling of good and weak projects. There are perhaps 50 assets that could do moderately well in the next 2–3 years in USD terms. Few will outperform crypto’s monies.

Crypto infrastructure M&A is about to go into hyperdrive. Investment round prices will come down, but I still predict great teams and projects will get funded as decentralized technologies get catalyzed as part of the coming response to some truly breathtaking macro disruptions.

The full moon has been cancelled. And soaring bitcoin prices will likely take another cycle to come to fruition. Still, crypto’s mainstream moment as a utility may finally, if quietly, be here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, strikerjax said:

 

This is from Ryan Selkis's blog :       https://messari.io/article/rip-moon-times

With crisis comes challenges and opportunities, and I expect four things to happen in the crypto markets over the remainder of the year.

We’re in the midst of a historic flight to safety and liquidity. Bitcoin is a risk asset. It’s not a safe haven in a recession, but rather a check on fiat inflationary pressures. It will sell off with the rest of the risk asset market at first, but may perform moderately better if there’s real juice in the “digital gold” meme. The halving narrative is completely dead now. The only thing that matters with respect to the halving now is whether it breaks the mining market.

The Fed is out of policy tools as this isn’t a financial crisis. The economic stimulus will soon hinge on the MMT narrative picking up steam, and Congress passing a relief package that eclipses the multi-trillion dollar stimulus bills we saw during the financial crisis. We’ll see QE and negative rate setting world wide, and it will put more pressure on pensions to find historically uncorrelated assets that could boost returns…however unconventional. That means we could see a bottom for bitcoin followed by its first rally as part of a bona fide digital gold basket.

Outside of BTC and ETH, I’d expect a late 2018 caliber bloodbath. Nothing else is critical to own or hold right now outside of these two assets, and in a market that may go down 20, 30, 40%, with an unknowable negative human toll (both health and economic wellbeing), the parlor games of the shitcoin casino are over. Crypto assets with strong fundamentals will finally have their day in the sun, and we’ll see the decoupling of good and weak projects. There are perhaps 50 assets that could do moderately well in the next 2–3 years in USD terms. Few will outperform crypto’s monies.

Crypto infrastructure M&A is about to go into hyperdrive. Investment round prices will come down, but I still predict great teams and projects will get funded as decentralized technologies get catalyzed as part of the coming response to some truly breathtaking macro disruptions.

The full moon has been cancelled. And soaring bitcoin prices will likely take another cycle to come to fruition. Still, crypto’s mainstream moment as a utility may finally, if quietly, be here.

Ripple just needs to fund the team that successfully creates the cure, maybe they already are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dontsellmeadog said:

Ripple just needs to fund the team that successfully creates the cure, maybe they already are. 

Yes after that Ripple will find a cure for cancer aswell. And create a hyper rocket ship that can bring us to mars while they are at it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Staigera said:

Yes after that Ripple will find a cure for cancer aswell. And create a hyper rocket ship that can bring us to mars while they are at it.

Luckily they don't need to invent those themselves, just invest in the teams that do that for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, ianinthefuture said:

Listen to a climate change denier? Nah, I'll pass.

Anyone who uses the word denier in a scientific discourse is showing a complete disregard for the practice of science where evidence is discussed with both sides able to listen to the view of the other side with an open mind.  "Denier" is a medieval term used by religious zealots and the Spanish inquisition.  My, or Dr North's views on the why we have experienced warming over the last few decades, and how much of that warming can be sensibly be contributed to by CO2, a green house gas, are irrelevant to my views on XRP.  We have our reasons for believing CO2 is only a one of many reasons why climate varies from decade to decade.   The two subjects, and Corona virus epidemiology, have no cross over points.  Lets drop this subject of other people's views on climate change which has no relevance to the topic under discussion on this thread.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Corona virus update : http://eureferendum.com/blogview.aspx?blogno=87544 

It is looking more infectious and deadly than has hitherto been reported.  Take care, take precautions everyone.  The doctors in the wards are wearing masks and goggles.  Using chlorine based disinfectants on handles and infected work surfaces is as important as washing your hands.

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2020 at 9:03 PM, hamasugu said:

https://fortune.com/2019/12/20/ripple-raises-200-million-xrp-cryptocurrency/

Ripple raised $ 200 Million at the end of last year.
And Ripple has more than that.
We can grow smoothly even under severe corona shock.
And  Ripple can survive.

I wonder:  What do they actually do with all the money?

Investors and through monthly XRP sales Ripple (the comapny) receives fresh liquidity ...

We're not talking about a few 100,000 or millions. that goes well into the 3-digit million amounts per year ... but where does all the money go?

Does anyone know more?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, xSODAx said:

I wonder:  What do they actually do with all the money?

Investors and through monthly XRP sales Ripple (the comapny) receives fresh liquidity ...

We're not talking about a few 100,000 or millions. that goes well into the 3-digit million amounts per year ... but where does all the money go?

Does anyone know more?

Brad and BG123

source.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...