Skippy

Ripple Drop 19, David Schwartz On XRP Ledger

"XRP focused episode"

Watch the extended version of Ripple Drop 19 with Ripple CTO, David Schwartz looking back on the origins of the XRP Ledger - and also looking forward to proposed changes: core consensus improvements and other new features that might allow for stable coins or other assets pegged to an external value.

Breanne Madigan, Ripple VP of institutional markets discusses attributes of healthy liquidity - the process of being able to easily trade in and out of a particular asset. She also shares how RippleNet's On-demand Liquidity (ODL) using XRP as a bridge asset has improved how people send and receive money between Mexico and the United States.

Finally, we hear from Aaron Voisine, President and Co-founder of BRD Wallet - an electronic wallet app for mobile devices. BRD has recently added wallet support for XRP. One unique feature is that BRD's Bitcoin Wallet connects directly to the Bitcoin peer-to-peer network, which helps ensure that users are able to access their funds directly.

Using blockchain technology, RippleNet provides to financial institutions the technology infrastructure and network connections to provide remitters around the world with a faster, easier and more reliable way of sending money internationally.

Edited by Skippy

1 hour ago, Skippy said:

"XRP focused episode"

Breanne Madigan, Ripple VP of institutional markets discusses attributes of healthy liquidity - the process of being able to easily trade in and out of a particular asset. She also shares how RippleNet's On-demand Liquidity (ODL) using XRP as a bridge asset has improved how people send and receive money between Mexico and the United States.

Breanne states (3:33) the system allows for getting "a lot of volume through without much price movement as you trade in and out of the asset".....Hummm

I was kinds hoping that use/utility would drive price movement????

32 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

Breanne states (3:33) the system allows for getting "a lot of volume through without much price movement as you trade in and out of the asset".....Hummm

I was kinds hoping that use/utility would drive price movement????

What I believe and have understood from many debates here and elsewhere, ODL will affect the price of XRP indirectly. The transactions themselves will not increase the price as they buy and sell really fast the same amount. However as XRP's utility increases the amount of speculators, and entities who NEED to hold XRP to use it, increases also. 

19 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

I know I will get slammed by fellow HODL'ers..... but I got into Crypto in April of 2017 (almost 3 years ago).....I researched BTC, ETH and many others but XRP really caught my attention as the one with the best use case and the best story.  I jumped on XRP with PASSION.....  I watch as we went from .22 to $3.84 but I held on because I felt XRP is truly the one...and yes I rode it back down...  ETH went from $50 to over $1100 and today sits at $228.  I keep telling myself I am the smart one....XRP will rise to its glory...all while we still sit at just .238

So pardon me if I sometime vent just a little at no one but myself.... I still feel strongly XRP will truly be a global game changer and in return change my life....But I often wonder at what point to I lick my wounds, forget about lost opportunity and just move on.

I said almost 3 years ago I would like to be in this for 3-5 years.....I have 2 years left to hopefully make some wise decisions and see some real gains. 

Your fear is the fear of many XRP holders. So is mine.

What if we're wrong? What if we end up being the idiots who collected 10,20,30,50,100,200,500k of XRP in the hope that one day the usecase that is definitely there and the best cryptos currently available will raise the price.

What if the price does not increase?
What if Bitcoin goes up to 100k and XRP goes down to 0.10.

I don't want to believe this and I push the fear away as often as I can, even if the FUD gets stronger every day and rains down on you from left and right.

2025 is my limit for XRP. If we haven't seen significant results by then (2$+) (and if it's a bubble), I'm going out.

PS: 5k XRP I will probably still own for the rest of my life. ;) You can't let go then.

Edited by Elysium2030

12 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

but I got into Crypto in April of 2017 (almost 3 years ago)

XRP mid 2016 for me....its the long haul man:popcorn1:.....seeing that this market is very heavily manipulated, you think we could get these whales or whoever and ask :big_boss: them to get that price for XRP over the $5 mark?????   Sure would be nice   :beach:

2 minutes ago, pucksterpete said:

XRP mid 2016 for me....its the long haul man:popcorn1:.....seeing that this market is very heavily manipulated, you think we could get these whales or whoever and ask :big_boss: them to get that price for XRP over the $5 mark?????   Sure would be nice   :beach:

I hear ya.....when my friends that are BTC Maxi's hear that I rode it up and held all the way back,  and that I still hold today they just shake their head.

I hope I laugh last.

3 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

I know I will get slammed by fellow HODL'ers..... but I got into Crypto in April of 2017 (almost 3 years ago).....I researched BTC, ETH and many others but XRP really caught my attention as the one with the best use case and the best story.  I jumped on XRP with PASSION.....  I watch as we went from .22 to $3.84 but I held on because I felt XRP is truly the one...and yes I rode it back down...  ETH went from $50 to over $1100 and today sits at $228.  I keep telling myself I am the smart one....XRP will rise to its glory...all while we still sit at just .238

So pardon me if I sometime vent just a little at no one but myself.... I still feel strongly XRP will truly be a global game changer and in return change my life....But I often wonder at what point to I lick my wounds, forget about lost opportunity and just move on.

I said almost 3 years ago I would like to be in this for 3-5 years.....I have 2 years left to hopefully make some wise decisions and see some real gains. 

You should be still in profit, got admit it takes some patience and big balls not to sell with profit but I ain’t giving up my cheap zeros that easy,. Truth be told , people who are in the red have it easier holding than the guys still in profit 

Good luck, hope we are both in this space mid 2020 with it looking an hell of a lot better 

Just now, Trentsteel said:

You should be still in profit, got admit it takes some patience and big balls not to sell with profit but I ain’t giving up my cheap zeros that easy,. Truth be told , people who are in the red have it easier holding than the guys still in profit 

Good luck, hope we are both in this space mid 2020 with it looking an hell of a lot better 

Not exactly.....I continued to stack and still do.

Every time I think, IT CANNOT POSSIBLY GO LOWER.........I buy......UGH!

7 minutes ago, Andy_79 said:

Still 100 billion XRP. It will take a lot to get this digital asset really pumping.

See, it’s this thinking I can’t weigh up. Maybe you should have researched more and you would have known the amount available before you made the investment and if you did,  what’s the problem 😂 BTW it’s lower than 100 billion, burn rates, etc etc 🤓