Lumpy

9 minutes ago, Baka said:

why is he selling all his XRP? he knows XRP/Ripple is doomed ?

He has not been very clear on the "why" by the past? I guess it is simple a question of money. 

Recently he told Cointelegraph (https://cointelegraph.com/news/stellars-jed-mccaleb-says-his-xrp-sell-off-wont-disrupt-crypto-market):

“I have been transparent from the beginning. The market has known for years that I have been selling my XRP at a slow, steady rate. My investment decisions are not based on any desire to negatively impact other companies in this industry. I think the history to date shows there is no impact on the market, and I don’t see any reason why that will change.”

17 hours ago, tulo said:

XRP DEX is so low in liquidity and volumes that it can be manipulated this badly.

I wonder why they use it to sell the XRP of the deal instead of selling them on Bitstamp directly. Was that part of the deal?

No trading fee perhaps? Adds up when your dumping millions

8 hours ago, tulo said:

Wouldn't you sell if you have 5B of them?

I would but maybe at a higher price.

If he believes in Ripple/XRP , wouldn't he think that the price would go higher and sell at those prices? 

but yea he has so much , that he doesn't care I think

David once joked that Jed is going to be the only Billionaire who ever became one despite his best efforts.  :) 

Yeah with his pile he just wants the income...   it’s enormous already.

7 hours ago, Baka said:

I would but maybe at a higher price.

If he believes in Ripple/XRP , wouldn't he think that the price would go higher and sell at those prices? 

but yea he has so much , that he doesn't care I think

How do you know for sure a higher price is coming? THat's the great thing. He can continuously sell and at current market price he'd already have 2 billion or something. If it still goes up he'll end up having even more money. If it keeps going down he sold at the best price possible and probably would still end up with 500million.

How can this possibly be the wrong strategy :) I'd do exactly the same.