Sign in to follow this  
Mitty

Interview between Julia Chatterley and Brad Garlinghouse

Part1

1229413010512502785https://twitter.com/jchatterleyCNN/status/1229413010512502785

Part2

https://twitter.com/jchatterleyCNN/status/1229413260291723264

Part3

https://twitter.com/jchatterleyCNN/status/1229414741166219264

Overall nothing new, just more of the same old same old, Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Edited by Mitty

With such an opportunity to let a cat out of the bag..... and create some very real publicity...we hear the same ole side stepping and avoidance.

I understand NDA's,  I understand why....but after years and years of existence, with so much good....when can it be discussed?  When can a CEO that uses a DA,  provide his opinion on that DA?

Full interview was very informative about his quick response to adopting a FED Coin....this was in context of Julia Chatterley describing JP Morgans willingness to dump JPCoin if a Fedcoin was released.  Brad responded that Ripple would be absolutely interested.  He did not go so far as to say they would dump XRP, in fact he went on to discuss a bridge asset in the middle.

I was just hoping for even more clarity but instead, I have more questions.

10 minutes ago, Sharkey said:

Agree 1,000%.  I just don’t understand why some of the people here are so disillusioned that Brad didn’t reveal some major company strategy or secret in this interview.  Seriously, WTF would you all expect him to say?   It was a decent and measured interview. End of story.  If he had said too much more, you all would probably whine that he was reckless.  It’s an interview, not a senate investigation, FFS.  Jeeze!!

I would like to have heard:

• We have no intentions of replacing XRP and its use for ODL
  • Confirm some higher level of regulatory strategy
  • With so many new hires,  what area within Ripple is growing the most?
  • Brads opinion on why US regulation is lagging behind.

1 minute ago, itcdominic said:

We have no intentions of replacing XRP and its use for ODL

Huh?   That would be like replying to “When did you stop beating your wife”...   why even mention something that isn’t on their radar?

3 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

Confirm some higher level of regulatory strategy

Again...     huh?   They are doing everything they can to remain engaged and advocate for clarity.  Are you one of those people not happy with 100% effort and want to insist on 110%  ?

6 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

With so many new hires,  what area within Ripple is growing the most?

Possibly revealing info to competitors.  What would motivate him to reveal intervals if he doesn’t have to?

7 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

Brads opinion on why US regulation is lagging behind.

He is trying to keep them onside...  bagging them publicly and explaining their failure probably isn’t helpful.

You may want those answers,  (although that first one of yours is a wtf? moment,) but Brad is the CEO and his responsibility is to only say and do publicly what advances the mission.

1 minute ago, Tinyaccount said:

Huh?   That would be like replying to “When did you stop beating your wife”...   why even mention something that isn’t on their radar?

Again...     huh?   They are doing everything they can to remain engaged and advocate for clarity.  Are you one of those people not happy with 100% effort and want to insist on 110%  ?

Possibly revealing info to competitors.  What would motivate him to reveal intervals if he doesn’t have to?

He is trying to keep them onside...  bagging them publicly and explaining their failure probably isn’t helpful.

You may want those answers,  (although that first one of yours is a wtf? moment,) but Brad is the CEO and his responsibility is to only say and do publicly what advances the mission.

Did you watch the video?  Julia stated that JP Morgan would drop JPCoin for a Fedcoin.....when Julia then asked Brad if he would Drop XRP for a fed coin....he responded, We'd love to work with a Fed Coin......so my point is I'd like clarity.

Next on regulatory clarity....they have hired some of the best lobbyist, have an office in Washington, and often get blackballed by the crypto community because of the association with regulators (mostly assumed).....I'd like more clarity on how Ripples investment into regulation is working.

TRUTH is....they do not owe us anything......

TRUTH is.....I am a holder of XRP

TRUTH is....... I not changing my views...HODL is my MOTTO

And further clarity would be nice....that is all.  Something solid enough to swing the skeptics.

Again,  I'm a long time fan.....    

Just now, itcdominic said:

Did you watch the video? 

Yes.

1 minute ago, itcdominic said:

he responded, We'd love to work with a Fed Coin......so my point is I'd like clarity.

He was clear that they are all in on XRP.  I can’t imagine any more clarity than that.  Anyone who understands the situation knows a Fedcoin is not a threat to XRP.   If he jumped onto the table and shouted it out loud would that be clearer?   No...  it would be disturbing.  He is speaking in a world where his words can be used in court.

He is very careful,  and rightfully so.  It’s our problem to try and discern the content between the lines.

I saw a man who is very happy with growth and very confident in the future...  that’s very bullish in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

I'd like more clarity on how Ripples investment into regulation is working.

That’s something that is not likely to be publicly discussed.  They could have had multiple instances where they have staved off knee-jerk anti crypto regulation and you wouldn’t ever hear of it.

His demeanour during the regulation section was quietly confident.  That’s as good as you will get until clarity is revealed...  by the Regulators.  Not by Ripple.

3 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Yes.

He was clear that they are all in on XRP.  I can’t imagine any more clarity than that.  Anyone who understands the situation knows a Fedcoin is not a threat to XRP.   If he jumped onto the table and shouted it out loud would that be clearer?   No...  it would be disturbing.  He is speaking in a world where his words can be used in court.

He is very careful,  and rightfully so.  It’s our problem to try and discern the content between the lines.

I saw a man who is very happy with growth and very confident in the future...  that’s very bullish in my opinion.

That’s something that is not likely to be publicly discussed.  They could have had multiple instances where they have staved off knee-jerk anti crypto regulation and you wouldn’t ever hear of it.

His demeanour during the regulation section was quietly confident.  That’s as good as you will get until clarity is revealed...  by the Regulators.  Not by Ripple.

Thanks

15 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

Thanks

I’m going through a period of being worn thin on civility in the face of multiple fronts of moronic behaviours.  So in all likelihood, although you deserved better, I did not word my replies to you as politely as I should have, and normally would have.  For that failure on my part I apologise.

I’ve seen you here for a long time and your input is valued,  so I should be more considerate in my replies.  If I have offended you in any way I do apologise and I do understand where you are coming from.  You should never feel the need to say you are a holder...   points should stand or fall on their merits, not on the persons investment stance.

So again...  I made my points clearly but not in a considerate way...   I apologise for that.