Uphold adds full support for deposits/withdrawals direct to GBP Bank Accounts.

And (though this may have popped up elsewhere) there don't seem to be deposit charges, commissions, or really many fees at all now beyond the spread.

That's pretty darn impressive, to deposit £100 and in a few seconds have £100 in your account without that damn £2.99 charge or whatever it was.

8 minutes ago, pucksterpete said:

Wonder if this would work with Revolut, UK based, have a IBAN #

What, you mean cashing out to Revolut? That certainly looks possible. 

I've bought with Uphold today and can confirm the OP.  It's easy as pie for UK current account or credit card holders.  What we've been waiting for I think

Which merchant is not supported with Revolut?

There are some merchants that are not supported with your Revolut card. At the moment, this includes:

Financial securities brokers and dealers

Cryptocurrency exchanges except some such as Bitstamp, Etoro, Coinbase, and Gemini

Foreign exchange bureaus (including Travelex ATMs)

Unmanned petrol stations (although you can still pay inside!) or Motorway tolls

Merchants are mainly categorised by their merchant category code (MCC), and this is how we recognise what type of merchant they are. A merchant can sometimes be wrongfully categorised. If you receive a push notification saying 'This merchant isn't supported' when it isn't listed above, it is likely to be because of their MCC.

Thanks for the tip, Tripple.  I've been away from this site for quite a while and must admit that I know nothing of Uphold.  I have been using Bitstamp which I'm told is 100% secure, but this sounds like better value and, frankly, a lot less hassle as it deals in GBP.  However, before I sign up for an account, two obvious but rather necessary questions:

1.  Is it as secure as Bitstamp?

2.  Is there a useful 'how to' page?

Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, emsemporium said:

1.  Is it as secure as Bitstamp?

2.  Is there a useful 'how to' page?

Thanks in advance.

1) Each of these entities has similar security features from a user-end perspective, but I'm not sure what they do on the back-end. Bitstamp has quite a hard reputation to beat in this space, but Uphold has yet to have any major issues (except from a fishing attempt sent to users from their internal email servers at some point last year... If I remember correctly). Nothing is 100% secure, but ultimately it's in the company's interest to protect user funds. What I especially like about Uphold is that they have a >100% capital reserve that's regularly audited and is published on their website. 

2) If you go on Uphold's website it's got everything on there. You basically download the app, do a bit of KYC, link a card/bank account, and away you go. 

23 hours ago, Tripple said:

Just a FYI for UK-based XRP holders... as the title says, this is great for UK holders of XRP because it creates a fast and secure route from XRP into GBP fiat withdrawals specifically.

The announcement is available in the App. Quoted settlement time is 15 mins, and max withdrawal limit is £25,000! 

Treat yourself.

This is great news, thanks for the heads up.

NOTE: You must update the app to version 4.0 otherwise you'll be unable to add your bank in GBP.

@pucksterpete this works for me fine with Revolut B)