Talinos

Settlement of Jed's XRP

3 hours ago, MoonRockets said:

Ripple sells it on Jed's behalf upon request up to the agreed upon terms fyi.

Ripple just holds his zerps in a multi signature wallet. They fund his „tacostand“ account on a regular basis. He moves the XRP from this account to another account and buys Bitstamp USD IOUs on the XRP ledger every day.

6 hours ago, itcdominic said:

My biggest concern is this....why is he selling.....does he wont out?  If so why?  Does he not believe in the success of XRP with Ripple?  Or has he been forced to liquidate his shares down to a less impactful level?

If he knows the inner-working of @Ripple and has had a glimpse of the future of XRP and all the stories we #HODL'ers dream about and we secretly believe more than we would admit (out of embarrassment) ....then wouldn't JED hold on?  I don't think he needs to money any more??? why the systematic DUMPING of the maximum allowable volume?

Before everyone slams me....I'm a HODL guy and too embarrassed to tell what percentage of XRP I hold as opposed to other crypto.

Its primarily the optics associated with changing the course.  If he decides to halt his sales tomorrow it would indicate he has greater confidence in XRP than he does his own project, XLM.  It is speculated that the entire XLM house is propped up on the sales of his taco stand and it may very well be true.  He can't afford the barrage of articles that would rightfully surface about him abandoning his support for XLM if he were to stop or even sell less than the maximum allowed.  I'm speculating that its every bit as much to do with ego as anything else.  Jed and Ripple selling XRP puts downward pressure on the price of XRP today but is quite good in the long-run further decentralizing the holdings.  

7 hours ago, aavkk said:

Its primarily the optics associated with changing the course.  If he decides to halt his sales tomorrow it would indicate he has greater confidence in XRP than he does his own project, XLM.  It is speculated that the entire XLM house is propped up on the sales of his taco stand and it may very well be true.  He can't afford the barrage of articles that would rightfully surface about him abandoning his support for XLM if he were to stop or even sell less than the maximum allowed.  I'm speculating that its every bit as much to do with ego as anything else.  Jed and Ripple selling XRP puts downward pressure on the price of XRP today but is quite good in the long-run further decentralizing the holdings.  

Jed is no longer the leader of/involved in XLM though IIRC.

1 hour ago, DirectorCoulson said:

And until now not one soul has answer HOW MUCH XRP does he have LEFT TO DUMP?
HAVE

TO

DUMP?

1 billion?  2 billion? 3 billion? 

Why does petulant little child leap into my mind when I see a post like this?  
Diddums didn’t get an answer quickly enough?  

Hasn’t occurred to him that people might not want to engage a person with his post history?

4 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

Why does petulant little child leap into my mind when I see a post like this?  
Diddums didn’t get an answer quickly enough?  

Hasn’t occurred to him that people might not want to engage a person with his post history?

'Plis do not engage with muh posts! This person is a bad person.'  

Ok i confirm 

Over the years of monitoring these coins I’ve realized there is no value to these coins. No one will get their money back the system is rigged to take money not provide money. Look at XLM they burnt 50 billion coins which did nothing to the value of the token. Whenever Ripple dumps or Jed withdrawals it has no bearing.

It also seems like any company on the verge of bankruptcy adopts XRP as a last resort thinking it will save the day when in fact any company invested in DLT just seem to be driven under. XRP has yet to assist any industry and comes with its own pain points (exchanges) just like the existing bank rails. XRP isn’t a silver bullet like 99%of the people on these forums believe. XRP is a pyramid scheme and Ripple sits at the top. We were all dreaming when we thought XRP would be an investment vehicle with massive returns. We are all in the same sinking boat.

Edited by Scout

7 minutes ago, Scout said:

Over the years of monitoring these coins I’ve realized there is no value to these coins. No one will get their money back the system is rigged to take money not provide money. Look at XLM they burnt 50 billion coins which did nothing to the value of the token. Whenever Ripple dumps or Jed withdrawals it has no bearing. The value of these tokens only seem to be impacted by BTC manipulation and speculation. Because there are so many tokens and such a small group interested in these tokens the price will be low for 20 years before there are any slight increases in value assuming anyone is using them. It seems like any company on the verge of bankruptcy adopts XRP as a last resort thinking it will save the day when in fact any company invested in DLT just seem to be driven under. XRP has yet to assist any industry and comes with its own pain points just like the existing bank rails. XRP isn’t a silver bullet like 99%of the people on these forums believe. XRP is a pyramid scheme and Ripple sits at the top.

If these are your believes, why spend times on a forum (or forums?) that is about discussing the potential of said useless coins. Are you here to save us, to get rid of your frustrations or for other purposes?

The only fact you presented is the XLM burn did nothing for price. The rest are loose opinions based on a 2 years bearmarket, unless you start providing some sources, links or material that made you come to these conclusions. And please, other sources then bitcoinist.com and cryptoslate.

13 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

If these are your believes, why spend times on a forum (or forums?) that is about discussing the potential of said useless coins. Are you here to save us, to get rid of your frustrations or for other purposes?

The only fact you presented is the XLM burn did nothing for price. The rest are loose opinions based on a 2 years bearmarket, unless you start providing some sources, links or material that made you come to these conclusions. And please, other sources then bitcoinist.com and cryptoslate.

Just trying to add a touch of reality. People are being dragged along with the promise of seeing returns next week, month, 6 months, next year, next 3-5 years, 10 years. It’s ploy. We all fell for it and I am no better. The reason why I check back is not for price but to see if my exchange wallets have been hacked and I end up here watching the same people hanging on to a lost cause. This is not a stock market.

Edited by Scout

26 minutes ago, Scout said:

Just trying to add a touch of reality. People are being dragged along with the promise of seeing returns next week, month, 6 months, next year, next 3-5 years, 10 years. It’s ploy. We all fell for it and I am no better. The reason why I check back is not for price but to see if my exchange wallets have been hacked and I end up here watching the same people hanging on to a lost cause. This is not a stock market.

Don't waste your time with the Zerperning morons, their IQ levels are too low to grasp common and simple math. Just check this thread to see the circlejérk clown show that they partake in. :wacko3:

Edited by LetHerRip

7 minutes ago, Scout said:

Just trying to add a touch of reality. People are being dragged along with the promise of seeing returns next week, month, 6 months, next year, next 3-5 years, 10 years. It’s ploy. We all fell for it and I am no better. The reason why I check back is not for price but to see if my exchange wallets have been hacked yet and I end up here watching the same people hanging on to a lost cause. This is not a stock market.

There is no reality. And in the end both you and I could be right or wrong. Different point of view of the possible outcome.

I hope (yes, hope) the crypto market will do just another fresh cycle of manipulated boom/bust because it by far is not ready for utility growth. But it is getting there closer and closer. Will it succeed long term? Who knows. Ripple is making progress as one of the few Blockchain companies, but not fast enough to the likings of some.

Just to be clear, there were dozens of people with your view at the start of 2017 with exactly the same arguments. In 2018 many were gone (as did many positive guys, enjoying their wealth I guess) just to be replaced with new naysayers during the bearmarket in 2018 who just bought some recently. It's all cycles, even that.

We will see who is right. Till then, I follow progress and hope it pays off. If not, it was a fun time and no big money is lost.