Settlement of Jed's XRP

Talinos

Just now, Caracappa said:

I remember Max confirming on this forum that it indeed was him at that session... but that was a whole bull and bearmarket ago.

I recall that as well...  but I felt at the time he was either ‘joking’ or playing along for the notoriety.  Certainly the questioner sounded a lot more sensible than I would expect max to be in real life.

Another indicator is that if it really was Max when everyone laughed he wouldn’t have just left it at that and then continued the question...  surely having been recognised by Miguel,  he would have commented further on their online interactions.  They just momentarily laughed and moved on.

So recollections are unreliable but I still don’t believe it was him.  

1. Jed sold 5 billion XRP already. He has 4 billion left to sell but there is 10 times the amount of people buying. Eventually he'll have 2 billion left to sell and there will be 100 times the amount of people buying. His last billion may see 1000 times the amount of people buying. 

2. Jed can make Billions and Ripple can make billions but every member of this forum couldn't each make millions? Why not? 

3. Buying at $4 might not be a foolish thing to do and one day XRP could be $1000 and you'd wish you would have bought at $19 but you thought it was too high then. In 2 years time the price could be $8 and you're buying more because now you understand how big this is. Because you saw it peak to $100 and down to $8. $8 would be the new low

4. These conversations are exactly the same conversations on the old forums over and over and over the same fud. then bam %50,000 gains in 1 year. 

5. The amount of partnerships has basically assured we will see the all time high again.

6. ODL volume is ramping up daily. Sorry guys no magic switch. It's a lever that's pulled slowly. Turning on a faucet. They literally have so many partnerships and are growing so fast that they have to turn the faucet ever so slowly. 

7. Selling is likely over. I've you want to hop off the rollercoaster at the platform be my guest because we are going up. If not we have a chance to accumulate more. 

8. XRP is among the best performing crypto asset of 2020. One of the best performing assets over all, of all time in history. 

9. I disagree that XRP is an investment. It just happens to be a good investment at the moment. It's a utility coin and it's used for market making and settlement. 

10. instead of holding your coin complaining about it go make the money back and let your XRP ride. or better yet build something for the XRP network, it's a network of people that's what gives it value. 

9 hours ago, jargoman said:

1. Jed sold 5 billion XRP already. He has 4 billion left to sell but there is 10 times the amount of people buying. Eventually he'll have 2 billion left to sell and there will be 100 times the amount of people buying. His last billion may see 1000 times the amount of people buying. 

2. Jed can make Billions and Ripple can make billions but every member of this forum couldn't each make millions? Why not? 

3. Buying at $4 might not be a foolish thing to do and one day XRP could be $1000 and you'd wish you would have bought at $19 but you thought it was too high then. In 2 years time the price could be $8 and you're buying more because now you understand how big this is. Because you saw it peak to $100 and down to $8. $8 would be the new low

4. These conversations are exactly the same conversations on the old forums over and over and over the same fud. then bam %50,000 gains in 1 year. 

5. The amount of partnerships has basically assured we will see the all time high again.

6. ODL volume is ramping up daily. Sorry guys no magic switch. It's a lever that's pulled slowly. Turning on a faucet. They literally have so many partnerships and are growing so fast that they have to turn the faucet ever so slowly. 

7. Selling is likely over. I've you want to hop off the rollercoaster at the platform be my guest because we are going up. If not we have a chance to accumulate more. 

8. XRP is among the best performing crypto asset of 2020. One of the best performing assets over all, of all time in history. 

9. I disagree that XRP is an investment. It just happens to be a good investment at the moment. It's a utility coin and it's used for market making and settlement. 

10. instead of holding your coin complaining about it go make the money back and let your XRP ride. or better yet build something for the XRP network, it's a network of people that's what gives it value. 

See these optimistic thread? Read it and then think again. 

12 hours ago, Sharkey said:

“john lennon moment” in that he ditched his team for a crazy power hungry lady?  LOL

Yes, it is what it is I guess. The cool crypto surfer dude who wanted to change the world ended up pushing nepotism in an environment where it could cause irreparable damage. He is still a brilliant guy though, I for one wish him luck in all the success he has been working so hard for.

Edited by mandelbaum

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/10/2020 at 10:00 AM, nakedzzrp said:

If he sells based on actual xrp volume then it's fine but if it's based on CMC's wash trading volume then thats not good. Knowing ripple since just a few month ago based their sells on the wash trading volume I would say it's the latter unfortunately

With regard to wash trade volume, many of the exchange data feeds (ours included) utilize outlier detection algorithms to exclude certain trades. An outlier is considered to be a significant deviation on a specific exchange relative to the previous tick average on the all previous exchanges. To your point, handling this data is important as outlier data can have a sizable impact when calculating the values. There are a number of potential situations where this can occur:

wash trading

low liquidity instruments or exchanges

erroneous data from exchange

incorrect mappings between instruments

In an effort to remove irregular data, and to give you the cleanest prices available, our data is sourced from an aggregated feed of over 150 crypto exchanges using 24 hour volume weighted averages  - giving you reliable and up-to-date traded rates.

Regards,

LiveMarketIndex.com

Edited by Live_Market_Index

• 1 month later...