Does Novogratz have a point?

2 hours ago, Skippy said:

What if 50B of XRP was held by a hypothetical "decentralized" entity which whole purpose was to invest the capital from XRP sales back to the XRP ecosystem?

Now how much does Ripple differ from this?

Anybody thinking all of the xrp money is being invested right back to the ecosystem is being very naive, they have ventrure capitalists they need to give money to! And what happens when ripple does an IPO? Money will be need to be given to shareholders to satisfy them!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A decentralized digital asset can only work if the asset is distributed. XRP has no mining process to do that distribution, and for a very good reason: it is inefficient and wasteful. So it has t

He could very well be right, but it doesn't matter. This is a long term game. Every million $ of XRP sold by Ripple helps to build the ecosystem, whereas every million $ of minted and sold Bitcoin by

It may be more difficult to distribute $6bn when nobody uses the asset, than distributing $600bn when it is widely adopted. Anyway, distribution of XRP is far less than distribution of BTC, and t

Yes, he has a valid point. Both stocks and cryptoccurency share similar fundamentals of supply and demand, which is relevant to his point.

Also one of the advantages for investors putting their money into to stock securities, is the companies have to disclose details on their largest shareholders. This is an advantage for investors buying stocks, that currently does not exist in regulations or laws within the cryptocurrency industry.

Edited by wogojump

As a holder of XRP I am pleased and thankful that Ripple hold so many XRP. Would any of us be here today without ripple and all the effort they have put in to the XRPL/ILP over the years? They couldn't of got to where they have with out their war chest of XRP. Yes they have a huge amount of it left.  What are they going to achieve with the next 5 billion XRP they disperse? Remember at the beginning they gave out 100k to anyone that asked, it was worthless then. They have built the value and continue to work towards adding more.

If you don't like the fact that ripple and its founders/charities own over 70% of the supply why did you buy XRP?

There's been 100 billion XRP from the beginning and it's deflationary, with every transaction there is less. You sleep a lot easier if you consider the total market cap and the deflationary nature of the ledger.

13 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

For me is the bigger concern random companies receiving billions of xrp from ripple who knows why. We have no idea how they dump xrp and what happens with xrp if they bankrupt..

Xpring companies that dump XRP its true that they are creating a short term pressure on the price, but they are a few(1-2-3?) billions XRP that they invested in these startups and really this is nothing compared to Ripple holdings of $56 billions XRP which they can't use all at once because of the ecrow.

So my point it that this is not a concern if you are watching longterm.

4 minutes ago, earth said:

Some fear that 100 billion XRP is too much. Others hope that 100 billion will be enough. I think the supply is just right.

Maybe or maybe not, there’s no way of knowing until the “ endgame” . At which pricelevel a balance between demand and supply will be established is the question. 

57 minutes ago, BAX said:

Xpring companies that dump XRP its true that they are creating a short term pressure on the price, but they are a few(1-2-3?) billions XRP that they invested in these startups and really this is nothing compared to Ripple holdings of $56 billions XRP which they can't use all at once because of the ecrow.

So my point it that this is not a concern if you are watching longterm.

For me the escrow is just a marketing trick. Even if for some reason ripple decide to dump all 1b per month, they would tank the price a lot. There is multiple reasons why that is not in their interest.

Frankly, I am not concerned with ripple having that amount of xrp, we all knew that before investing. Thats why I think banks will never buy xrp direct from ripple. But what they can do, is invest in ripple and get their xrp. And thats the main reason why ripple is going IPO. We will see. Happy times.

Ripple is working for XRP so I'm not too much worried about their stack.

I'm more worried about JED McCaleb stack and the "not fully public" agreement he had with Ripple. Following the latest info about it, in 2020 he'll be able to sell 750M XRP per year! That could crash badly the price, and he already threatened to.

6 minutes ago, tulo said:

Ripple is working for XRP so I'm not too much worried about their stack.

I'm more worried about JED McCaleb stack and the "not fully public" agreement he had with Ripple. Following the latest info about it, in 2020 he'll be able to sell 750M XRP per year! That could crash badly the price, and he already threatened to.

It seems XLM price follows XRP's so he would crash his own stock too.