bodytexture

Hidden markov models applied to on chain data to predict tick level XRP price

Hello world!

working on a project team to apply hidden markov models to analize on chain data to predict price movement on XRP at a tick level, integrating latency arbitrage and statistical arbitrage to levereged XRP instruments. Poject will take advantage of SOR ( smart order routing ) trough huobi, and use a market neutral approach. Project will kickstart in python, than moved to faster execution infrastructure if needed. 

Suggestion are very welkome, we will set up a slack channel soon for who might be interested. 

Please help and get involved!

Edited by bodytexture

23 minutes ago, bodytexture said:

Hello world!

working on a project team to apply hidden markov models to analize on chain data to predict price movement on XRP at a tick level, integrating latency arbitrage and statistical arbitrage to levereged XRP instruments. Poject will take advantage of SOR ( smart order routing ) trough huobi, and use a market neutral approach. Project will kickstart in python, than moved to faster execution infrastructure if needed. 

Suggestion are very welkome, we will set up a slack channel soon for who might be interested. 

Please help and get involved!

Not to discourage you, but hedge funds and high-frequency traders do this kind of work to get an edge over other large investors -- and are only statistically successful a small amount of the time. My understanding is that the organizations with enormous amounts of money and high-frequency capabilities are the ones who succeed in this area, and even then they are often bested by the S+P 500 when looking at annual returns. Crypto may be different but it will operate on the same principles.

Personally I'm longterm investing with a utility mindset because crypto is so young that, in my opinion, the best latency arbitrage is the one between now and a year from now. But I understand that's not necessarily true for every crypto or every investor, and plenty of people can earn a living doing arbitrage.

Why already focus on HMMs if you are just starting out? Anyways, I don't see why someone would help or get involved in such a venture if you are not hiring or offering equity in the project. Are you developing this in the open or will this be a private team?

Open, i'm betting on not doing it for the profit. some how this way will bring me some profit eventually, some other way around if we built it good enough.