Sign in to follow this  
Jotaro

"Disbelief" stage of market cycle

5 minutes ago, Jotaro said:

I agree, just holding and buy more during dips is the least stressful way to deal with crypto, probably is the safest too in the sense that as long as we dont trade it, we will be gaining 100% of the moonshot movement rather than missing it due to trading. But still, we never know how high it can go, setting targets is essential for this strategy, i have mine at selling 20% at $10, 5% at $20, then 60% at $50. After reaching $50 i will be officially retired at age 25, the rest of the bags are truly long term.

Do you think my targets are realistic by the way? I got it based on new ATH will always surpass the old ATH. Been tough holding it for over 2 years, but i clearly know whats coming, boom or bust, i can lose the money i threw in for 2 years and start over building up my cash again, benefit of being young.

I too noticed the volume, it's getting extraordinary these days, it just feels like 2017 run (yes i discovered crypto in Sep 2017, i watched it run to the top and didnt sell, but i was just starting to work that time so my stash was small). At this point, everything has improved, more exchanges/on ramps, progressions, govm talking about crypto, etc. Looking forward to US regulation talk in the coming week, kinda got high hopes on that, maybe it's moon time. If it doesnt, i'll just hold tight till it happens, go big or go home, im fine not touching the stash and live my life normally. The true meaning of "invest what you can afford to lose".

Any day any time this thing go burst, i have a good feeling this is the year i retire.

you are wise; I joined crypto in Dec 2017 and just hold.  Two thing we cannot predict; when it will burst and how high it will go.  My plan is to take money out at intervals as it rises, keep some of the money unspent so you can dive back in on the dips if they happen. 

Retiring at 25 is fine if you have passions to follow.  A life that is one long holiday would be a wasted life in my opinion.

9 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

you are wise; I joined crypto in Dec 2017 and just hold.  Two thing we cannot predict; when it will burst and how high it will go.  My plan is to take money out at intervals as it rises, keep some of the money unspent so you can dive back in on the dips if they happen. 

Retiring at 25 is fine if you have passions to follow.  A life that is one long holiday would be a wasted life in my opinion.

Im not sure if i can say i have a passion, this is what im gonna do: 

1. visit a new country every month (will revisit with better knowledge about language & culture of that country to enhance experience)
2. learn as many skills as possible (magics, cooking, martial, dance, music, new language)

the above alone can easily last until i die i guess, seem like a long holiday to me, but does it seem so to you? Do you feel it's wasted to live like that?

6 minutes ago, Jotaro said:

Im not sure if i can say i have a passion, this is what im gonna do: 

1. visit a new country every month (will revisit with better knowledge about language & culture of that country to enhance experience)
2. learn as many skills as possible (magics, cooking, martial, dance, music, new language)

the above alone can easily last until i die i guess, seem like a long holiday to me, but does it seem so to you? Do you feel it's wasted to live like that?

What you should do is stop wasting time imagining you being rich and retiring at age 25 and start concentrating on your career,contribute to society, and then actually be monetary rewarded

1 minute ago, nakedzzrp said:

What you should do is stop wasting time imagining you being rich and retiring at age 25 and start concentrating on your career,contribute to society, and then actually be monetary rewarded

well, i am. i'm concentrating in my career whilst having crypto in my portfolio, a visualisation of possible future doesnt harm, no?

plan is simple, if crypto didnt work out, fine i'll just continue working my professional job, else i'll just give my boss the letter and start enjoying real life if crypto takes off, im grounded to reality.

im not so sure about contributing to society, im a selfish person i admit, im self centered and doesnt care about others, if there's any way i can contribute, it's probably through buying stuffs where they charge me sales tax, the tax the country gained will better the people/country? that's anyone's guess.

Mind elaborating whats your definition of soiety contribution?

1 hour ago, Jotaro said:

im not so sure about contributing to society, im a selfish person i admit, im self centered and doesnt care about others, if there's any way i can contribute, it's probably through buying stuffs where they charge me sales tax, the tax the country gained will better the people/country? that's anyone's guess.

Mind elaborating whats your definition of soiety contribution?

Well, at least you are honest with yourself.   My contribution was quite opposite, my wife and I gave up our lives and took in 5 foster children which after 3 years we had adopted.  No more trips to countries, buying off peoples happiness...etc.  We gave all that life up so that they could have one.   I suppose this is a better view of contribution. 

36 minutes ago, dontsellmeadog said:

Well, at least you are honest with yourself.   My contribution was quite opposite, my wife and I gave up our lives and took in 5 foster children which after 3 years we had adopted.  No more trips to countries, buying off peoples happiness...etc.  We gave all that life up so that they could have one.   I suppose this is a better view of contribution. 

as much as i dont think your contribution make sense, i cant/dont judge you, everyone is different. I asked one of my best friends what if he had retirement level of money, will he quit job? He said he'd still continue to teach, because teaching is his passion.

Maybe you find a high level of satisfaction in raising kids up, you're willing to go through hardships, living a hard life / giving up life just to see that happen, am i right? you can elaborate more so i can understand better as a human being

Jotaro I think happiness is an elusive quality largely connected to identity and having a sense of self worth.  Your plan would give you lots of pleasurable experiences, but life is more than a string of pleasurable experiences, although I guess you would develop passions through developing your skills like languages and entertaining with magic tricks.  My personal experience is that we find happiness through our relationships with other people, such as teaching, raising children, running a business, being very good at something others find useful. 

Edited by Julian_Williams

"... Americans on talent shows always talk about their dreams. Fine, if you have something that you’ve always dreamed of, like, in your heart, go for it! After all, it’s something to do with your time… chasing a dream. And if it’s a big enough one, it’ll take you most of your life to achieve, so by the time you get to it and are staring into the abyss of the meaninglessness of your achievement, you’ll be almost dead so it won’t matter...."

Tim Minchin, Graduation Speech, 17 September, 2013, University of Western Australia, Australia

Ahhh. Who doesn't like a speculative debate about the meaning and purpose of life  when xrp makes us rich while we are being face dragged in the 20 cent mud.

Edited by Staigera

10 hours ago, AllZerps said:

Would these prices from a year ago add more disbelief to your plight? 

F661E62E-92CE-4B3C-84B5-69A5FD52796A.jpeg

I wish I had bought BTC or Link back then. XRP is a total misery coin.

1 hour ago, ed1 said:

I wish I had bought BTC or Link back then. XRP is a total misery coin.

OH yeah?? What happened to the price of xrp before 2019? How many people thought"i wish I had bought xrp"

Sign in to follow this