North America, Japan And Korea Investors Purchasing XRP Actively

lawalkhalid

"For some reasons, XRP has long gained popularity in these countries. Perhaps this is due to the fact that large banks are experimenting with Ripple technology, and people here tend to believe in banks and large institutions with which Ripple Labs collaborates.

Therefore, we can assume that large volumes of fresh money flow into this token and, by coincidence (or maybe not), XRP is the hottest TOP-10 coin in terms of the current price increase."

The author attributes the XRP price increase to new retail money flowing in and that is partially correct in my opinion.  However, I believe the author missed a valuable opportunity to attribute this newfound retail interest to the actual usage of ODL, Ripple's flagship product.  Its my opinion while ODL volumes are currently very small in absolute terms their continued rapid increase in % volume will have retail investors worldwide taking notice very soon.  This could happen very quickly and my hope is that its this small scale proven utility that will break XRP free from the chains of XLM and to a lesser degree BTC.  Ultimately, utility has to become the standard for value I believe the question is how far ahead of large scale utility will the speculative money flow?

I've been intermittently watching FiatLeak for the past several months, and have noticed a change. The "traded in past 1 minute" view, most often, would fluctuate between the low 100's of thousands (or even below at times) up to the high 100's of thousands; and only rarely would break above a million. I'm now seeing that xrp usually is trading in the upper 100's of thousands and frequently breaks above a million. Interestingly enough, it was in the after midnight hours (EST) where I would see the largest trading volumes, as it did the other night, when it broke above 2.5 million. More recently, I'm seeing it frequently reaching into the millions, even in the daytime, as it's doing right now having just crested briefly above 2 million. There's no doubt in my mind that things are ramping up beautifully, and I've gotta say that its been fun AF to be watching everything as it unfolds. $0.2772 is nothing compared to what's gonna happen when, as Ripple themselves put it, the "tipping point" is reached.   

Edited by WuWei

20 minutes ago, WuWei said:

I've been intermittently watching FiatLeak for the past several months, and have noticed a change. The "traded in past 1 minute" view, most often, would fluctuate between the low 100's of thousands (or even below at times) up to the high 100's of thousands; and only rarely would break above a million. I'm now seeing that xrp usually is trading in the upper 100's of thousands and frequently breaks above a million. Interestingly enough, it was in the after midnight hours (EST) where I would see the largest trading volumes, as it did the other night, when it broke above 2.5 million. More recently, I'm seeing it frequently reaching into the millions, even in the daytime, as it's doing right now having just crested briefly above 2 million. There's no doubt in my mind that things are ramping up beautifully, and I've gotta say that its been fun AF to be watching everything as it unfolds. $0.2772 is nothing compared to what's gonna happen when, as Ripple themselves put it, the "tipping point" is reached.   

Hi WuWei - thanks for sharing your observations :)

Check out the hourly and daily volumes of XRP trades at Bitso - most of that was purchased at Bitstamp I believe, not sure if those trades are flagged as what you are seeing at FiatLeak - it is shown as XRPUSD trades on BS's metrics...

Also note, ho hum, another ATH for daily volume, and it's only 20:40 UTC !

https://wp.www-net.com/xrp2mxn-demo-test-page-01/ 

4 hours ago, WuWei said:

i saw it cross 6 million in a min today and 8 million yesterday just briefly but still very interesting 

22 hours ago, WuWei said:

How can 0.1% actual utility be a tipping point?

1 hour ago, SquaryBone said:

How can 0.1% actual utility be a tipping point?

Where on earth are you pulling "0.1% actual utility..." from?  I've seen nothing from Ripple suggesting anything like this. From my perspective, the "tipping point" that they refer to, will be reached with the increasing development and expansion of corridors, upon reaching a critical mass of interconnected FI's and banks, and with the development of ever more use cases.  

9 hours ago, WuWei said:

Where on earth are you pulling "0.1% actual utility..." from?  I've seen nothing from Ripple suggesting anything like this. From my perspective, the "tipping point" that they refer to, will be reached with the increasing development and expansion of corridors, upon reaching a critical mass of interconnected FI's and banks, and with the development of ever more use cases.  

I'm pulling it from the stats on earth. The volume that we can link to ODL is 0.1% of the total volume reported. Even if that's 10x, we're at 1% utility. Where does Ripple mention what the tipping point is?

You seem to refer to this tipping point as the reason for the current price "increase" (which is barely to be called an increase). That seems to be still far from happening.

16 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

I'm pulling it from the stats on earth. The volume that we can link to ODL is 0.1% of the total volume reported. Even if that's 10x, we're at 1% utility. Where does Ripple mention what the tipping point is?

You seem to refer to this tipping point as the reason for the current price "increase" (which is barely to be called an increase). That seems to be still far from happening.

No I don't. I've no clue as to when a critical mass will be achieved resulting in the "tipping point" to which Ripple mentioned. I'm not attempting to dissect the ODL percentages in order to forecast mass adoption, I'm merely stating that everything is ramping up smoothly and that I believe that we will witness exactly what Ripple was alluding to: probably within this year. It's all about the synergy and the resultant utility that all these network collaborations will enable, that will boost liquidity and in turn, xrp's utility.