Utility kicking in?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've plotted the daily volumes from Utility Scan for the last 2 weeks - you can see ODL volume is ramping up quickly (quiet over the weekends as you would expect with remittances, most volume on a Fri

I was merely responding to the suggestion that the cause of XRP’s rise last week is utility kicking in.  It isn’t imo, whole market is up, low caps, big caps, every cap. So for now it’s the good ol’ m

Currently xrp only moves up and down in the falling channel since the Ath. As long as xrp does not consistently break through 0.28 and final 0.30 and close several days above these values, one mu

Posted Images

I was SUPER pessimistic about ODL effecting price, with the caveat, that I know my understanding of the system is very superficial. 

I would love it if the current trends are due to ODL, and that there is a mechanism by which ODL is having an impact on price. Fingers crossed!

Right now, if we were to reverse to 20c and ODL was to continue to grow; i'd be devastated. As is pull the plug devastated. As it is.....Bravo!

1 hour ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

Right now, if we were to reverse to 20c and ODL was to continue to grow; i'd be devastated. As is pull the plug devastated. As it is.....Bravo!

I think you might be setting yourself up for disappointment.  While it is possible that the ODL is supporting price somewhat,  I think it’s a bit unlikely given the volumes involved.  Not impossible though.

On the other hand there seems to be significantly more notice worldwide happening of XRP utility.  That in itself might be triggering a bit of this interest.  So if I were you I’d be a bit more patient and remain quietly hopeful.  But of course,  you do you.

14 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I’ll play the party pooper for once:  here’s a view on how utility effects the price for many coins last week: 

1A80934B-C8B6-4F10-AD53-665323DA45F4.thumb.png.ac405ac0c449bebcc42ffb9e0c0a27c4.png

Lisk has a Market Cap of $169M. When you have a low market cap it doesn't take much volume to shift the price - this is manipulation and not utility (ie - no one is using Lisk, it's purely speculative).

A couple of days of $12M pumps over a 2 week period shifted the price 38%.

Utility will affect price at some point as XRP will have to be bought / sold on exchanges. When the volume on exchanges is big enough the price will move - we're nowhere near yet (XRP trading volume currently is $1.3B - $8M daily ODL volume won't even touch the sides).

image.thumb.png.5595f496b12027fe779297c26e9a2208.png

11 minutes ago, googie said:

this is manipulation and not utility (ie - no one is using Lisk, it's purely speculative).

I was merely responding to the suggestion that the cause of XRP’s rise last week is utility kicking in.  It isn’t imo, whole market is up, low caps, big caps, every cap. So for now it’s the good ol’ manipulation and speculation kicking in. 

Just now, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I was merely responding to the suggestion that the cause of XRP’s rise last week is utility kicking in.  It isn’t imo, whole market is up, low caps, big caps, every cap. So for now it’s the good ol’ manipulation and speculation kicking in. 

Agreed, I don't think it is either.

4 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I agree but with a twist...   I think XRP has a slight edge in resilience at the moment and that could be a Utility effect,  or,  more likely in my opinion,  an indirect Utility effect...   speculators seeing that there is chance of a high-volume future coming.  So they are more supportive of XRP than they were previously when it was only the hated scamcoin.

Ok so maybe it's not utility. I also have to admit that as of this week now, whale manipulation has definitely taken over as far as price is concerned, every rise/fall in XRP and ETH ect corresponds to BTC. Last week and early into this week however XRP's price and volume was raising all by itself as Bitcoin was stagnant. Not sure why or what the thinking from the whales' perspective is but it was not the typical pattern I've been accustomed to since I began my investment.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.