SBI holdings latest presentation

xrpmommy

There are 12 mentions about XRP in the PDF but they all refer to shareholder benefits...

I would be positively surprised if they get ODL going on for JPY currency corridor during 2020 at this point. Also there is this Ripple IPO speculation in the air and it might be one reason to postpone JPY ODL even further.

https://japantoday.com/category/features/lifestyle/8-reasons-why-japanese-workers-are-so-slow-at-making-decisions

https://www.strategy-business.com/article/9412?gko=f4b21

Articles are from google search: "why do Japanese companies take so long to make a decision. "

Maybe someone who has experience with dealing with Japanese business could shed better light. It seems that there must be consensus from all people in order to move toward something deemed as high risk and a new solution for moving money is high risk.

17 minutes ago, hallwaymonitor said:

There are 12 mentions about XRP in the PDF but they all refer to shareholder benefits...

I would be positively surprised if they get ODL going on for JPY currency corridor during 2020 at this point. Also there is this Ripple IPO speculation in the air and it might be one reason to postpone JPY ODL even further.

I agree. The IPO is going to delay XRP's use as an asset because it might have to be re-defined. How would XRP be listed on Ripple's balance sheet post-IPO let alone SBI's. Currently offering XRP as an SBI shareholder benefit feels like they don't know what to do with their XRP? I'm not saying it sounds like a giveaway but the amount is negligible.

14 hours ago, peanut56 said:

"why do Japanese companies take so long to make a decision. "

Maybe someone who has experience with dealing with Japanese business could shed better light. It seems that there must be consensus from all people in order to move toward something deemed as high risk and a new solution for moving money is high risk.

It's not just with finances, it's with everything. I mean literally everything. Even when a decision is made it is never a concise sharp assertive decision, it's " well, yeah right? we should do this but, right?" まそね。たびん大丈夫ですけど。ん。A cultural thing, very cautious. It's a good thing but also a bad practice as if you are going to fail, fail fast.

I hope to see a big move and not intentional announcements at least this year.

13 hours ago, Eddie said:

Few months back, he said what is holding them back from using XRP for remittances are regulatory issues.
Payment Services Act will be updated in April (check pg 99)  so that could be a turning point.

A lot of people where hyping up the "1st January Germany banks can hold crypto" as a turning point but nothing happened,I'm gonna do an educated guess and say nothing is gonna happen after that act.

15 hours ago, peanut56 said:

"why do Japanese companies take so long to make a decision. "

They were the first country to embrace bitcoin, their banks were among the first to adopt digital assets. They are going to be the first company paying dividends in XRP. They passed the first crypto regulations. Now they are waiting for the rest of the world to catch up. 

And when they decide to make XRP moon. "It'll be in the blink of an eye" 

6 minutes ago, jargoman said:

They were the first country to embrace bitcoin, their banks were among the first to adopt digital assets. They are going to be the first company paying dividends in XRP. They passed the first crypto regulations. Now they are waiting for the rest of the world to catch up. 

And when they decide to make XRP moon. "It'll be in the blink of an eye" 

This is an interesting perspective because its true I guess (a lots changed like the adoption of bitcoin). It feels different though, like we've been hearing sbi and the magic button and nothing for 2 years now. But when you think about a broad scope like this they really are making moves. 

19 hours ago, Fleshmeister said:

Are they actually going to do anything? It's just been a PDF fest for the last 3 years.

How exciting..

So let's see, SBI has already gotten 34 banks to invest in the newly created Money Tap, and have announced that once the regulations take effect in April they're going to push hard with xrp adoption. I suppose that this isn't good enough (exciting) for you? 

19 minutes ago, WuWei said:

So let's see, SBI has already gotten 34 banks to invest in the newly created Money Tap, and have announced that once the regulations take effect in April they're going to push hard with xrp adoption. I suppose that this isn't good enough (exciting) for you? 

bb8.png