GoLance Adopts Ripple’s On-Demand Liquidity, XRP for Over 500,000 freelancers

utility-based digital asset like XRP. We could have used Bitcoin but its value is too volatile and the recipient has the extra step of converting it to their fiat currency. If there’s a problem, I can’t call Bitcoin. Ripple is a service provider. I’ve visited their offices all over the world and work with their teams to make our payments experience faster and more efficient,” Brooks added.

I've been in crypto a long time. This is a stark change of attitude. From what the heck is a bitcoin to which crypto is better suited to solve my real world problem. 

I believe that odl will use bitcoin in the future for large payments which will take longer. XRP will dominate small remittances 

Really interesting to see utility driving the market as Brad Predicted. 

Edited by jargoman
1 minute ago, jargoman said:

I believe that odl will use bitcoin in the future for large payments which will take longer. XRP will dominate small remittances 

Why?

26 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Why?

Because it's the most liquid. Although slow it can handle larger payments because of it's high liquidity. It has the regulatory go ahead.

Sane options for payments could be
Send $5 - $9,999 in 3 seconds with XRP
send $10,000+ in half hour with BTC

These details would be obfuscated from the user and instead be presented as possible payment routes. 

At this time ripple is focused on using XRP for odl and their banking partners have probably signed agreements to use XRP for the testing and production roll outs.

You're not going to see an announcement to use BTC during crypto's adoption phase because XRP is a competitor. Cheaper faster payments will open entirely new economic corridors for XRP. The number of small payments will rise.

Rich people will use BTC. Billionaires who want to send millions and don't care if it takes days to get there. But those problems are already solved by traditional banking systems. BTC is gaining traction for other reasons. BTC is not going anywhere and ignoring it as a financial tool is foolish. It's very liquid, very stable. 

Liquidity is a good argument.

Speed and stability aren't great with BT4C.  Can't see billionaires sending millions over three days to get %30 less at the other end when it crashes.  Especially if, as you say, traditional banking systems can already do better.

8 minutes ago, jargoman said:

BTC is gaining traction for other reasons. BTC is not going anywhere and ignoring it as a financial tool is foolish. It's very liquid, very stable. 

Apart from the fact that it crashes regularly and you’d lose 10% of your million over the day you transferred it...  ignoring that...

You have replied with an argument for why Bitcoin can transfer.  But XRP liquidity is growing and there is every reason to assume it will exceed BTC eventually.  It already has in Australia.

So you are talking about the current situation when really we should be considering possible futures.

12 minutes ago, jargoman said:

That’s a nice logical breakup for the current situation...  I thought we were talking about possible futures.

4 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

That’s a nice logical breakup for the current situation...  I thought we were talking about possible futures.

This is the current situation. There has been banks using BTC for payments since before ripple existed. Jed noticed that BTC was too slow for that use case. The rest is history

1 hour ago, jargoman said:

Because it's the most liquid. Although slow it can handle larger payments because of it's high liquidity. It has the regulatory go ahead.

These details would be obfuscated from the user and instead be presented as possible payment routes. 

At this time ripple is focused on using XRP for odl and their banking partners have probably signed agreements to use XRP for the testing and production roll outs.

You're not going to see an announcement to use BTC during crypto's adoption phase because XRP is a competitor. Cheaper faster payments will open entirely new economic corridors for XRP. The number of small payments will rise.

Rich people will use BTC. Billionaires who want to send millions and don't care if it takes days to get there. But those problems are already solved by traditional banking systems. BTC is gaining traction for other reasons. BTC is not going anywhere and ignoring it as a financial tool is foolish. It's very liquid, very stable. 

If you need to move millions and you don't care how long it takes, just pack it up in a suitcase and fly it there!  /sarcasm