XRP and Ripple adoption is real

On 1/31/2020 at 9:46 PM, 1776isHere said:

What does ODL actually mean? On Demand Liquidity. It's not a product. It's a pool of money. It is not a product. You cannot sell on demand liquidity. It was a term that seems to have been created watching that Redford lone man boat movie. In FX, every company mentioned is a small timer.

IMO this post alone shows your ignorance of what ODL is and proves @Tinyaccount’s point.  

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm frequently listening to the Anthony Pompliano podcast. Last week it was with Peter Johnson. What struck me is that at some point Peter talks about remittances to Mexico and how it's taken off

2 years from now you'll have a highly used coin in the real world by big players: XRP. You'll also have a coin that has failed to have much of a use case, has proven time and time again that it h

Complainers, whiners, or fudders, I don't really know what is going on around here.  What I do know is Ripple first built the technology (step 1), then they had to build their network and onboard cust

Posted Images

Well it depends on how you look at it. ODL is part of RippleNet. You don't subscribe to ODL, you either use it or you don't. You could see it as a feature as well. We used to have xCurrent and xRapid and now these have been integrated. Ripple's website doesn't mention ODL as being a product neither.

I'm not going in on @Tinyaccount's point if @1776isHere is a troll or not. Some things don't check out, ok. But if he's a troll he's clearly succeeding. There's nothing to win or loose here for Ripple or for XRP (as I've said before in this thread): Ripple and XRP do not need us. Whether someone dislikes Ripple and XRP and calls it a fake or a scam or has concerns is irrelevant. For years negative things have been told about them and it hasn't stopped them from growing.

So can we please get back on-topic? If not I'll ask to close the thread.

Edited by SquaryBone
1 hour ago, SquaryBone said:

Whether someone dislikes Ripple and XRP and calls it a fake or a scam or has concerns is irrelevant. For years negative things have been told about them and it hasn't stopped them from growing.

I think you miss the point...  it’s not Ripple or XRP that suffer if BS is allowed to spread.  It’s the ordinary people who come here for information...  and on some days get nearly all fud.  

Fear, uncertainty and doubt...  some spread it because they fear, and fair enough...     but some, (and probably not everyone we suspect of being one)...  are dead set haters or fudsters.

Also it’s not about whether Ripple have a suite or components or whatever...  he was totally ignorant of the XRapid name change and yet he was busily talking knowingly of how Ripple were untruthful and XRP was a dead loss.  So he knew next to nothing, has hid his identity,  and yet bags XRP and Ripple straight after arriving in his new guise.  That’s a lot of red flags to ignore.

46 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I think you miss the point...  it’s not Ripple or XRP that suffer if BS is allowed to spread.  It’s the ordinary people who come here for information...  and on some days get nearly all fud.  

Fear, uncertainty and doubt...  some spread it because they fear, and fair enough...     but some, (and probably not everyone we suspect of being one)...  are dead set haters or fudsters.

Also it’s not about whether Ripple have a suite or components or whatever...  he was totally ignorant of the XRapid name change and yet he was busily talking knowingly of how Ripple were untruthful and XRP was a dead loss.  So he knew next to nothing, has hid his identity,  and yet bags XRP and Ripple straight after arriving in his new guise.  That’s a lot of red flags to ignore.

It may surprise you, but I do not agree with this. (Trying to) spread FUD isn't that bad and even can have some positive effects. It keeps the discussion ongoing and it's even free publicity, creates attention, brings new interest to the social boards and multiplies clicks and searching activity. Also, when you say "ordinary" people, I think they often are not always that ordinary at all. And IF they do not have the skills or intellect to see what's behind the FUD or to understand the real potential here.... then they even might be better of NOT investing in high risk values like BTC, ETH or XRP....

For my part, (and in my personal fall!), FUD has more power to spread to right messages than most here might expect (including de FUDsters).
You know, many people do want to know what's the real truth behind all those different stories and signals. I'll never forget how I felt on Ripple and XRP.... by a FUD-site called ripplescam.org, still to be found in the webarchive .  After reading that site a few times it gave me a refocus .... away from Bitcoin, what I always saw as an experiment with flaws, to a more than high attention for Ripple. After some days of intensive DD I started to see the real potential of crypto when developed (and guided to eventual usage) by talented people who are not driven by just greed.

And I found such an incredible team with Ripple.... thanks to ripplecam.org ;-)

42 minutes ago, kanaas said:

And I found such an incredible team with Ripple.... thanks to ripplecam.org ;-)

I think you might be the exception rather than the rule...  it has the opposite effect on most people in my opinion.

I don’t care whether people invest in anything or not...  I just hate seeing disinformation being spread.  It’s endemic in our society these days.  

3 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

How was I ignorant of the name change? You're making this post history up yet again. When did I ever say I didn't know xRapid became ODL? It's the opposite in my writings. Again, I just disagreed with you regarding the classification of ODL. xRapid, xCurrent, and xVia in my opinion were products rolled into a 'pool of money' which is now available for use through XRP as the bridge asset

15 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

No prob.  He was debating with people and saying Ripple was going nowhere fast and when ODL was mentioned he was completely in the dark about it.  Clearly hadn’t been following Ripple.  

By now of course he has probably googled and realised his error.   

But a new user, who is actually a long time user in a different guise,  repeatedly bagging XRP and Ripple without knowing the fundamental facts is a clear indication of an unusual motive.  

I also notice a familiar pattern.  Red herrings and disconnected, unsupported arguments all around a theme of how bad an investment XRP is,  and how underhanded Ripple are.  

That says hidden agenda to me.  

But I don’t like these types of discussions...   I would prefer to discuss real facts and events.  So if you have any of his ‘valid points’ that you’d like to discuss by all means.  Otherwise I’m done with him and will continue to ignore.  

Sorry this was hard for me to decipher the specific points you refuted. Correct me if I'm wrong but you conclude that ODL is not merely a liquidity pool at its core. Is this your stance?

I won't discuss the multiple identities because I don't feel it's beneficial to the forum - mods can handle whether any wrongdoings have happened.

On 1/31/2020 at 6:46 AM, 1776isHere said:

What does ODL actually mean? On Demand Liquidity. It's not a product. It's a pool of money. It is not a product.

Before ODL, it was called xRapid. xRapid is a product, just renamed to ODL. 

Ripple renamed xRapid to ODL
On October 2nd, Ripple renamed xRapid, one of RippleNet's key products, to "On-Demand Liquidity" (ODL). Emi Yoshikawa, senior director of global operations and partnerships at Ripple, said that although the name was changed, the same mechanism was used for remittance information transfer, whether using ODL or traditional liquidity planning (pre-financing). Ripple said it will increase its investment in ODL, especially if the payment corridors in the Philippines and Mexico are operating. Previously, Ripple announced the acquisition of Iceland-based cryptocurrency trading company Algrim, which will help Ripple establish ODL

https://blocking.net/17683/ripple-renamed-xrapid-to-odl/

Edited by benstr
On 2/3/2020 at 7:03 AM, 1776isHere said:

xRapid, xCurrent, and xVia in my opinion were products rolled into a 'pool of money'

hahahaha  "in my opinion" hahahah

Can I have some of 'pool of money', which part will you give me:   xRapid, xCurrent, and xVia ?

It's raining today. "in my opinion, it's cloudy" hahaha,   If only all our opinions proved correct 100%.