Jump to content
SquaryBone

XRP and Ripple adoption is real

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Scout said:

Ohhh... no I fully understand. I'm not expecting this asset to reach an insane value like some people are. I just would like to see utility prove that XRP can infact sustain a price. Thus far none of this volume or activity has had any impact or contribution toward its market value. The only value it appears to have is geared toward those leveraging the remittance service as a result of its speed and cost saving measures offered by reduced transfer fees. Now I'm starting to question whether ODL\XRP utility plays any part in this tokens price movement.

Anyone who speculates on price for any of these digital assets is full of it. You can't predict price and anyone who does just looks like an idiot. IMO the stock market T\A can't be applied to the cryptocurrency markets at least not at this time. If I wanted to invest in a speculative asset I would have put all my money in Bitcoin. But I thought that was pointless, I want the token to serve a purpose other than to just hold it and I want the utility of this token to drive the price. If this isn't the case, then I have wasted my time and money with this XRP investment.

utility started from zero this time last year and is doubling every 36 days - it is still a very small figure.   At present we are talking of utility at about 10 - 20 million XRP a day, the utility we are aiming at is tens of billions a day.  We have a way to go before we will feel the benefits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scout said:

Ohhh... no I fully understand. I'm not expecting this asset to reach an insane value like some people are. I just would like to see utility prove that XRP can infact sustain a price. Thus far, none of this volume or activity has had any impact or contribution toward its market value. The only value it appears to have is geared toward those leveraging the remittance service as a result of its speed and cost saving measures offered by lower transfer fees. Now I'm starting to question whether ODL\XRP utility plays any part in this tokens price movement.

Anyone who speculates on price for any of these digital assets is full of it. You can't predict price and anyone who does just looks like an idiot. IMO the stock market T\A can't be applied to the cryptocurrency markets at least not at this time. If I wanted to invest in a speculative asset I would have put all my money in Bitcoin. But I thought that was pointless, I want a token to serve a purpose other than to just hold it and I want the utility of this token to drive the price. If this isn't the case, then I have wasted my time and money with this XRP investment.

Amen

 

"Now I'm starting to question whether ODL\XRP utility plays any part in this tokens price movement."

 

The ODL volume is simply to low to have any significant effect on price, or thats what i keep telling myself.  If and when ODL volume gets ramped up, and the price isn't reflected upon that, then I'd be worried for sure.

 

Until then we wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Yes I would like to be in the green for which I need a plus 45% , but I am serious when I say I am not disappointed that we have had this long XRP winter to accumulate.  I lose no sleep over it and watch my stock grow every month with pleasure..

I'm going to enjoy you on Netflix. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It amazes me to see how people still don't see that if this asset was going to be such a major succes it already would have been at the 1 dollar figure by now. Manipulated market or not. 

I'm curious what some of you will tell your self when we are still sub dollar prices when 10 corridors have opened then 20.

It's going to be so amusing if this thing ends up working perfectly fine around 1 dollar.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Staigera said:

It amazes me to see how people still don't see that if this asset was going to be such a major succes it already would have been at the 1 dollar figure by now. Manipulated market or not. 

I'm curious what some of you will tell your self when we are still sub dollar prices when 10 corridors have opened then 20.

It's going to be so amusing if this thing ends up working perfectly fine around 1 dollar.

 

Hey man, please try not to cry so loud, there are people sleeping¡¡

Edited by Gazelle77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, WuWei said:

Wow, a whole seven days? How on earth could you stand by and watch xrp crumbling into dust for so long?  I guess it doesn't make sense for me to stick around any longer to see how any of these partnerships play out?  

"This partnership expands Ripple’s presence in the region, with partners in: 

China (Shanghai Huarui Bank, LianLianPay)

South Korea (Coinone, Sentbe, Woori Bank, Shinhan Bank)

Japan (SBI Holdings, SBI remit, Mizuho, MUFG, Mitsubishi Corporation, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Japan Post Bank, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Nomura Trust and Banking Co., Ltd.)

The Philippines (iremit, Cebuana Lhuillier, BDO Bank)

Indonesia (Bank Sinarmas, Top remit)

Malaysia (MoneyMatch, CIMB Bank)

Sri Lanka (Cargills Bank, Combank)

Thailand (Krungsri, SCB)

Vietnam (TP Bank)

India (Axis Bank, IndusInd Bank, Kotak Mahindra, Yes Bank, Federal Bank Ltd, HDFC Bank)

Bangladesh (bKash)"

I get your point, no need to get to exited ;-) But the thing is when every coin goes up and XRP stays behind it makes me wonder why that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, WuWei said:

"...we both know this.".....maybe you assume that you do, but you certainly don't speak for me. Once regulation allows FI's of all types to hold their own pools of xrp, and once the networks and corridors for xrp utilization have expanded sufficiently, the resulting money flow has the potential to be downright staggering. As xrp becomes increasingly liquid, its ability to get things done; especially nearly infinite 'little" things; all at internet speed, clearly has the potential to make it a must have commodity in both the world of business and banking. These corridors are just beginning to get traction, and are accelerating magnificently: what's soon to happen is going to be a pleasure to watch. As always.....we'll see.

One concern that does keep me up at night is this as stated by Michael Brooks CEO of GoLance:

“This is their livelihood,” says Brooks. “Our job is to make sure that people can buy groceries. That’s why we chose a stable, utility-based digital asset like XRP. We could have used Bitcoin but its value is too volatile and the recipient has the extra step of converting it to their fiat currency. If there’s a problem, I can’t call Bitcoin. Ripple is a service provider. I’ve visited their offices all over the world and work with their teams to make our payments experience faster and more efficient.”

 

The reason it keeps me up at night.......I'm not interested in a "Stable" COIN - I hope to see this rise in an exciting way in the next 24 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

One concern that does keep me up at night is this as stated by Michael Brooks CEO of GoLance:

“This is their livelihood,” says Brooks. “Our job is to make sure that people can buy groceries. That’s why we chose a stable, utility-based digital asset like XRP. We could have used Bitcoin but its value is too volatile and the recipient has the extra step of converting it to their fiat currency. If there’s a problem, I can’t call Bitcoin. Ripple is a service provider. I’ve visited their offices all over the world and work with their teams to make our payments experience faster and more efficient.”

 

The reason it keeps me up at night.......I'm not interested in a "Stable" COIN - I hope to see this rise in an exciting way in the next 24 months.

XRP is stable when putting volatility vs speed. Perhaps that's what he is aiming at.

Send BTC now it could be worth 100's of dollars more or less once it's received. The price of XRP not so much in 3 seconds (or two minutes when ODL). So stable for the perceiver.

Edited by Caracappa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, WuWei said:

Wow, a whole seven days? How on earth could you stand by and watch xrp crumbling into dust for so long?  I guess it doesn't make sense for me to stick around any longer to see how any of these partnerships play out?  

"This partnership expands Ripple’s presence in the region, with partners in: 

China (Shanghai Huarui Bank, LianLianPay)

South Korea (Coinone, Sentbe, Woori Bank, Shinhan Bank)

Japan (SBI Holdings, SBI remit, Mizuho, MUFG, Mitsubishi Corporation, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Japan Post Bank, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Nomura Trust and Banking Co., Ltd.)

The Philippines (iremit, Cebuana Lhuillier, BDO Bank)

Indonesia (Bank Sinarmas, Top remit)

Malaysia (MoneyMatch, CIMB Bank)

Sri Lanka (Cargills Bank, Combank)

Thailand (Krungsri, SCB)

Vietnam (TP Bank)

India (Axis Bank, IndusInd Bank, Kotak Mahindra, Yes Bank, Federal Bank Ltd, HDFC Bank)

Bangladesh (bKash)"

I know you are being a little facetious  I mean wow, a whole seven days......but truth is many HODL folks have watch other CRAP COINS make millionaires and some of these CRAPCOINS were available as an option when we read and learned about XRP and its utility...  we chose XRP over the other options and just sit back and smile knowing we have a real use case and although we might not win the weekly battle,  the plan is to win the war....(Just a figure of speach).

But humans can grow tired. 

As a community I wish we could just encourage/help each other to stay strong.....not tear folks down when they feel a little down or weak because of little to no price action.

I buy as often as I can, and am thankful for low prices......i'd be lying if I said I have not been discourage as we continue to struggle trying to break .245 CENTS.....I won't sell at .40, or .50, or $1, or $2...my target is much higher....but I would feel better if we showed progress toward the $1 mark.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, itcdominic said:

I know you are being a little facetious  I mean wow, a whole seven days......but truth is many HODL folks have watch other CRAP COINS make millionaires and some of these CRAPCOINS were available as an option when we read and learned about XRP and its utility...  we chose XRP over the other options and just sit back and smile knowing we have a real use case and although we might not win the weekly battle,  the plan is to win the war....(Just a figure of speach).

But humans can grow tired. 

As a community I wish we could just encourage/help each other to stay strong.....not tear folks down when they feel a little down or weak because of little to no price action.

I buy as often as I can, and am thankful for low prices......i'd be lying if I said I have not been discourage as we continue to struggle trying to break .245 CENTS.....I won't sell at .40, or .50, or $1, or $2...my target is much higher....but I would feel better if we showed progress toward the $1 mark.

 

 

I've just fallen prey to my impatience with multiple gang-buster stocks in the past, when I knew deep down, that they had a game-changing idea or product. I recently was talking with my 92yr old Mom about an investment she made when she was probably fifty years younger. Both she and my Dad each put a mere $20 into a bank stock that they thought looked promising. Over time, my father lost faith, and sold his lot - but my Mom did not. The bank went on to be acquired, and/or merged multiple times, and the stock marched upward - she still didn't sell. I realize that this is an extreme example, as she held onto that stock for over fifty frikn' years, but when she cashed out just last year, that initial $20 had grown to well over $100,000!  After more than doubling my money on Apple, Netflix, Digene, Calaway, Aviron, Facebook and others, I always jumped ship thinking so highly of myself for having done so well with my picks. Looking back, with any one of these, if I had held onto them, I could've enjoyed an extremely well funded retirement while I was still only in my 40's. (excepting FB and Netflix as those were more recent)  I seriously believe in the potential of xrp and especially, in the team behind it. The game changer here is instant liquidity. Even if it takes time, as xrp becomes universally more and more liquid, across myriad asset and fiat classes, its value will soar. It's one thing for something to be considered valuable, but it's an entirely different advantage when something enjoys liquidity. Given the nature of the less than five second transaction time, with negligible fees, and with a global reach, xrp is poised to re-write history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WuWei said:

I've just fallen prey to my impatience with multiple gang-buster stocks in the past, when I knew deep down, that they had a game-changing idea or product. I recently was talking with my 92yr old Mom about an investment she made when she was probably fifty years younger. Both she and my Dad each put a mere $20 into a bank stock that they thought looked promising. Over time, my father lost faith, and sold his lot - but my Mom did not. The bank went on to be acquired, and/or merged multiple times, and the stock marched upward - she still didn't sell. I realize that this is an extreme example, as she held onto that stock for over fifty frikn' years, but when she cashed out just last year, that initial $20 had grown to well over $100,000!  After more than doubling my money on Apple, Netflix, Digene, Calaway, Aviron, Facebook and others, I always jumped ship thinking so highly of myself for having done so well with my picks. Looking back, with any one of these, if I had held onto them, I could've enjoyed an extremely well funded retirement while I was still only in my 40's. (excepting FB and Netflix as those were more recent)  I seriously believe in the potential of xrp and especially, in the team behind it. The game changer here is instant liquidity. Even if it takes time, as xrp becomes universally more and more liquid, across myriad asset and fiat classes, its value will soar. It's one thing for something to be considered valuable, but it's an entirely different advantage when something enjoys liquidity. Given the nature of the less than five second transaction time, with negligible fees, and with a global reach, xrp is poised to re-write history.

Well said.....at times I struggle not to be your dad.  But I am much like you in that I truly believe in the future of XRP.  I personally believe that in 10-15-20 years.......I will be glad that I held.

We will see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

utility started from zero this time last year and is doubling every 36 days - it is still a very small figure.   At present we are talking of utility at about 10 - 20 million XRP a day, the utility we are aiming at is tens of billions a day.  We have a way to go before we will feel the benefits

10mil doubling every 36 days equals 10bil in exactly one year.  Sounds pretty good to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, automatic said:

10mil doubling every 36 days equals 10bil in exactly one year.  Sounds pretty good to me!

Nothing says this will go linear, or parabolic or... It could as well saturate when we're at 1 bill a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 minute ago, SquaryBone said:

Nothing says this will go linear, or parabolic or... It could as well saturate when we're at 1 bill a day.

Nothing says it WILL but a few things say that it COULD.  

There is more than one use case.  Remittances are lowest fruit.  But B2B is the whole worlds international commerce. And Nicolas from Flash-fx tells us they already are starting to service that market with ODL.   Other use cases exist.

 

I don’t think people realise what the size of the optimistic scenario could be.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Nothing says it WILL but a few things say that it COULD.  

There is more than one use case.  Remittances are lowest fruit.  But B2B is the whole worlds international commerce. And Nicolas from Flash-fx tells us they already are starting to service that market with ODL.   Other use cases exist.

 

I don’t think people realise what the size of the optimistic scenario could be.  

I believe you are correct.

Most people do not realize that both Visa and MasterCard have in essence created a world currency.  You wont hear that worded like that from folks...but truth is Visa and MC have created a currency that we all use globally.  what happens when XRP is used in that world and replaces the Visa and MC under-the-hood? ....fast, efficient, self tracking on ledger, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...