SquaryBone

XRP and Ripple adoption is real

1 minute ago, mrhat75 said:

2 years from now you'll have a highly used coin in the real world by big players: XRP.

You'll also have a coin that has failed to have much of a use case, has proven time and time again that it hits a glass ceiling when trying to scale, and has a garbage centralized 2nd layer solution that still can't scale reliably: BTC.

Remind me again why people would see BTC as digital gold over XRP at this point?

It's all propaganda and hype driven by the big pockets/powers that be. The farce won't continue and I absolutely welcome the demise of these people. We've endured years of psychological warfare and bs from them and I'm just grabbing popcorn watching it all reverse.

This discussion again? This forum should have been called btcchat.com.

3 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

2 years from now you'll have a highly used coin in the real world by big players: XRP.

we hope, that's why were all here.  

but again 2 years ago someone said this same exact quote on this forum and here we are, 2 years later.  I don't mind waiting years, i know what i signed up for when i made this investment.

Care to share what "big players" will be using this coin in 2 years?

10 minutes ago, mrhat75 said:

You'll also have a coin that has failed to have much of a use case, has proven time and time again that it hits a glass ceiling when trying to scale, and has a garbage centralized 2nd layer solution that still can't scale reliably: BTC.

Remind me again why people would see BTC as digital gold over XRP at this point?

It's all propaganda and hype driven by the big pockets/powers that be. The farce won't continue and I absolutely welcome the demise of these people. We've endured years of psychological warfare and bs from them and I'm just grabbing popcorn watching it all reverse.

but it has kept the price low for us early investors accumulating.  :JC_doubleup:

6 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

but it has kept the price low for us early investors accumulating.  :JC_doubleup:

I don't believe that either to be honest :) Only the future will tell.

5 minutes ago, SquaryBone said:

I don't believe that either to be honest :) Only the future will tell.

Yes I would like to be in the green for which I need a plus 45% , but I am serious when I say I am not disappointed that we have had this long XRP winter to accumulate.  I lose no sleep over it and watch my stock grow every month with pleasure..

Edited by Julian_Williams

14 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

Surprise surprise. 

Xrp is the worst (or second worst) performing Top10 coin since January 18.

Absolutely so.   Two reasons I have identified as possible explanations:

• Crypto community are inherently anti-establishments and regard XRP as too pro establishment (the FUD is working for them at the moment)
  • The huge rise in mid 2017 XRP prior to the second explosion in Dec 2017 (the first rise never fully corrected/retraced)

If I were betting I would bet on XRP continuing to flounder and even regress to .16 whilst the rest of the crypto market flourishes.  When XRP explodes it will be a super nova event, and it might happen when we are least expecting it.

I will continue to be 100% XRP and carry on accumulating at these low prices.

Edited by Julian_Williams

2 hours ago, Babelly said:

Care to share what "big players" will be using this coin in 2 years?

MGI is already big and their use is becoming more and more prominent.  Volumes are rising and so are corridors.  Nothing is certain, but I don't think it takes much imagination to see where this is going.  There should always be some skepticism, but I think it is more of reach to say that this coin won't be used in a major way in the future than to say it will be.

You state that XRP hasn't delivered as much as you'd hoped over the last 2 years.  I say, BTC has been around much longer and has still failed to be anything other than a speculative instrument.  My post was more about BTC and the fact that the emperor has no clothes, than XRP.

7 hours ago, Babelly said:

wen BAKKT?

big $ doesn't wait for "regulation" or permission to enter the market, we both know this

"...we both know this.".....maybe you assume that you do, but you certainly don't speak for me. Once regulation allows FI's of all types to hold their own pools of xrp, and once the networks and corridors for xrp utilization have expanded sufficiently, the resulting money flow has the potential to be downright staggering. As xrp becomes increasingly liquid, its ability to get things done; especially nearly infinite 'little" things; all at internet speed, clearly has the potential to make it a must have commodity in both the world of business and banking. These corridors are just beginning to get traction, and are accelerating magnificently: what's soon to happen is going to be a pleasure to watch. As always.....we'll see.

6 hours ago, elppir said:

In the mean time, XRP is one of the worst performing coins over the last 7 days.... ;-|

Screen Shot 2020-01-29 at 16.53.13.png

Wow, a whole seven days? How on earth could you stand by and watch xrp crumbling into dust for so long?  I guess it doesn't make sense for me to stick around any longer to see how any of these partnerships play out?  

"This partnership expands Ripple’s presence in the region, with partners in: 

China (Shanghai Huarui Bank, LianLianPay)

South Korea (Coinone, Sentbe, Woori Bank, Shinhan Bank)

Japan (SBI Holdings, SBI remit, Mizuho, MUFG, Mitsubishi Corporation, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Japan Post Bank, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Nomura Trust and Banking Co., Ltd.)

The Philippines (iremit, Cebuana Lhuillier, BDO Bank)

Indonesia (Bank Sinarmas, Top remit)

Malaysia (MoneyMatch, CIMB Bank)

Sri Lanka (Cargills Bank, Combank)

Thailand (Krungsri, SCB)

Vietnam (TP Bank)

India (Axis Bank, IndusInd Bank, Kotak Mahindra, Yes Bank, Federal Bank Ltd, HDFC Bank)

Bangladesh (bKash)"

Edited by WuWei

16 minutes ago, WuWei said:

Once regulation allows FI's of all types to hold their own pools of xrp

This is no guarantee, as you finished with

18 minutes ago, WuWei said:

As always.....we'll see.

Yes we will see, eventually.  Listen I'm long XRP and have the a sizable position (-56%, which is fun) but having the mindset that as soon as regulation hits, and regulation (which could work against us if its deemed a security) is the floodgate that moons XRP is not reality.  FI's that want to hold XRP but "can't" because it's "illegal" can do so thru other means, 3rd parties etc.  If a sizable and well respected FI wants a pool of XRP, they have it already or by whatever means necessary.  No doubt.

I love what Ripple is doing (except for Xpring, crazy amount of $ being thrown at projects with awful business models) and the problem there solving, but after being a HOLDER for years, I've somewhat found the difference between "moon" and "reality" 

We all want the same thing in the end, but as discussed thru out the crypto community, there isn't a more speculative investment out there.  And if you invest in the the most speculative market thinking regulation is the golden ticket that lands us on the moon is optimistic to say the least.  

I'll never sell till i hit my target because there is to much upside, and the money I invested I consider gone.  There are just way to many variables in play to know whats gonna happen.  So I'm not saying your wrong, just don't think once regulation comes were in the clear because we've  heard that song and dance before like the SBI exchange, Bakkt, Halvening and the list goes on for events that were suppose to "moon" us.

Cheers. 

14 hours ago, SquaryBone said:

I don't know if you fully understood. XRP is used in these flows. These flows are accelerating. I can't believe that if this scales up tremendously that it wouldn't affect the price. We have 1 serious corridor (MXN) with one major player (MGI) for now and others corridors are quickly ramping up these last few days (AUD and PHP). Imagine more corridors being opened and more companies leveraging it... It's weird that you mention XRP's utility boosting the entire crypto value eco system but for some reason it won't affect XRP's value? Ripple and XRP is still best positioned for this.

Not saying it will go to 589 EOY 2018 or 2k+ May 2019 ...

Ohhh... no I fully understand. I'm not expecting this asset to reach an insane value like some people are. I just would like to see utility prove that XRP can infact sustain a price. Thus far, none of this volume or activity has had any impact or contribution toward its market value. The only value it appears to have is geared toward those leveraging the remittance service as a result of its speed and cost saving measures offered by lower transfer fees. Now I'm starting to question whether ODL\XRP utility plays any part in this tokens price movement.

Anyone who speculates on price for any of these digital assets is full of it. You can't predict price and anyone who does just looks like an idiot. IMO the stock market T\A can't be applied to the cryptocurrency markets at least not at this time. If I wanted to invest in a speculative asset I would have put all my money in Bitcoin. But I thought that was pointless, I want a token to serve a purpose other than to just hold it and I want the utility of this token to drive the price. If this isn't the case, then I have wasted my time and money with this XRP investment.

Edited by Scout