Jump to content

The big problem with XRP, and why you'll be waiting (a very long time)


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, DividendGamer said:

Yeah, been here for almost two years, and a very well respected member.

 

I like xrp, but with the market conditions how they are, it makes sense to be in a similar crypto like CasinoCoin. Which is a fork of xrp for quicker wealth generation and accumulation.

 

Been a very successful stock trader and investor and blogger since 2006. As well as a forex trader for over six years.

I didn't question your expertise. I was only referring to this "One of the reasons I switched to csc for the next few years" but no problem, i say it over and over again, to me xrp is the only investment in crypto that makes sense but I'm not judging others. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You will be waiting 10+ years for XRP to hit 30 USD. Why? Because of a specific buzzword you are sure to hear going around... FINTECH. Let's look at this word. It comprises of two parts: Fin

Ok, so first off.  Thank you for the topic. While I am going to play devil's advocate below, I want to say that don't really disagree with you.  And for those of us who aren't into XRP because we simp

Any bank that thinks they can sit around for ten years not improving their cross border services will lose that business to FIs. .  Look at what Nicolas Steiger is telling you on another thread.  He h

6 hours ago, DividendGamer said:

Yeah, been here for almost two years, and a very well respected member.

 

I like xrp, but with the market conditions how they are, it makes sense to be in a similar crypto like CasinoCoin. Which is a fork of xrp for quicker wealth generation and accumulation.

 

Been a very successful stock trader and investor and blogger since 2006. As well as a forex trader for over six years.

Diversifying is the only sensible way of approaching this space in terms of investing

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2020 at 5:12 PM, facts_dispenser said:

 

You will be waiting 10+ years for XRP to hit 30 USD. Why? Because of a specific buzzword you are sure to hear going around...

FINTECH.

Let's look at this word. It comprises of two parts: Fin - finance, and tech - technology. There is already a problem here. Finance moves incredibly slowly and is anti-innovation, technology moves very fast and is pro-innovation. Bang. And therein lies the fundamental problem when it comes to XRP: the clash of industries.

Let's look at cloud adoption as an analogy. Cloud really took off late 2000's, and are large corporations hosting critical processes in the cloud? Nope. Why? Because they're big and they move slowly. They may host non-critical workloads in the cloud, but on-premise private cloud is still a thing and it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Now with XRP. Banks, especially T1 Banks, are some of the slowest and most clunky of the large corporations, whereas XRP is some of the trendiest and most cutting-edge of technologies. What do you think will happen when these two contrasting worlds collide? I mean, good heavens, Banks have stuck with Swift for almost 50 years for a reason - they really do not like change. What makes you think they'll migrate their critical workloads over to the XRP ledger in 1, 2 or 3 years? Stop being silly.

A common criticism:

People like to bring up Facebook and Instragram adoption rates by the end user, and like to tout this as evidence that XRP will grow in a similar fashion. WRONG, and it really pisses me off when people present this reasoning, actually. XRP focuses its utility on the backend where no user is directly involved; Facebook, Instragram and the like are focusing on the front-end user. They are completely different beasts. If you want XRP's price to go up, its backend usage needs to increase, to hell with BitPay and small transactions from the front-end users, that isn't what you should be looking for.

Wow... I agree with you.

I also think the same way. But you forgot to state another issue that will hold XRP price down.

"The escrow sales"

That will be here for a long long time. and as long as they here.

It would be very very hard to pull the XRP price from the mud.

I think, It takes a miracle to make XRP $1 within 5 years from now. Except Ripple stop this escrow sales and burn all the coin or just stop the sale forever.

I believe that XRP market cap will growth YoY. But, the XRP circulation will grow more. So, the price will probably going down.. slowly, but sure.

Lol..

Enjoy the ride..

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FreedomGundam said:

Wow... I agree with you.

I also think the same way. But you forgot to state another issue that will hold XRP price down.

"The escrow sales"

That will be here for a long long time. and as long as they here.

It would be very very hard to pull the XRP price from the mud.

I think, It takes a miracle to make XRP $1 within 5 years from now. Except Ripple stop this escrow sales and burn all the coin or just stop the sale forever.

I believe that XRP market cap will growth YoY. But, the XRP circulation will grow more. So, the price will probably going down.. slowly, but sure.

Lol..

Enjoy the ride..

I will sit in this ride and buckle up :dance4:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.