The big problem with XRP, and why you'll be waiting (a very long time)

On 1/30/2020 at 6:11 PM, Baka said:

10-30$ ? it would make everyone here rich.

I don't think we ll reach those price in the next bull run personally , If we can reach 3-5$ it would already be more than good

I actually believe most individuals here would not be rich if XRP spiked to $30, and you'd have a bunch of people still holding, probably more then you could imagine. This depends on your definition of rich however. Mine is not having to work again and having enough for my family - and possibly friends - to retire as well. I don't suspect the average holder here has 100k+ XRP. 

If XRP went to $30, I'd be well off, have all debt including the mortgage paid off, but I'd still be going to work everyday, and I've been accumulating for almost two years now. My point being 10-30$ is not enough to make the average hodler rich - and very well could happen with the next ATH, it really depends.

Edited by Ramforinkas

45 minutes ago, Ramforinkas said:

I actually believe most individuals here would not be rich if XRP spiked to $30, and you'd have a bunch of people still holding, probably more then you could imagine. This depends on your definition of rich however. Mine is not having to work again and having enough for my family - and possibly friends - to retire as well. I don't suspect the average holder here has 100k+ XRP. 

If XRP went to $30, I'd be well off, have all debt including the mortgage paid off, but I'd still be going to work everyday, and I've been accumulating for almost two years now. My point being 10-30$ is not enough to make the average hodler rich - and very well could happen with the next ATH, it really depends.

Great points plus I think some won't have the balls to hold til $30 or even $10 if it gets there, a lot will be out well before that. Which I'm not judging saying that is good or bad just might be the reality.

Edited by BravoTango

59 minutes ago, BravoTango said:

Great points plus I think some won't have the balls to hold til $30 or even $10 if it gets there, a lot will be out well before that. Which I'm not judging saying that is good or bad just might be the reality.

There's a simple solution for this, don't sell everything. 

23 minutes ago, minicuzzo said:

There's a simple solution for this, don't sell everything. 

Of course I agree but to some people it's not that simple. I have seen several posts on here saying that if we reach our ath they are out completely.

Edited by BravoTango

If ya'll think holding through the price dumping is tough, you have NO IDEA what's coming when the price starts rising. It's 1000x harder. You'll wake up at 2am to check the price.  You'll be pulling up the calculator app on your phone every 30 seconds to see how much your holdings are worth.  It much much much harder to hold through a bull run than a bear run imho. 

7 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

If ya'll think holding through the price dumping is tough, you have NO IDEA what's coming when the price starts rising. It's 1000x harder. You'll wake up at 2am to check the price.  You'll be pulling up the calculator app on your phone every 30 seconds to see how much your holdings are worth.  It much much much harder to hold through a bull run than a bear run imho. 

I remember that , and didnt even sell at 3+$ , but that s like a lot of people here . we thought price would get to 5-10$ 

31 minutes ago, BravoTango said:

Of course I agree but to some people it's not that simple. I have seen several posts on here saying that if we reach our ath they are out completely.

Well to each his own, but for me it would be a nightmare to sell too early and watch the price increase. 

Edited by minicuzzo

9 minutes ago, minicuzzo said:

Well to each his own, but for me it would be a nightmare to sell too early and watch the price increase. 

Yep again I agree not listing my personal investment strategy, it's what I've seen. Everyone is in a different situation holding different amount of bags etc etc. But yes for sure ideal to keep some set aside for the big numbers. 

19 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

Exactly. Goes up to $5 people hold then it drops to $3.50 and people think it's dumping and panic and sell or not panic and just start thinking about the great returns they have versus what they maybe will have not knowing when the higher returns come and sell. Or people think it will rise again and it keeps dumping and two years later someone is still waiting for it to increase and finally it does and then there out. It's mind games to a certain extent, really need an exit plan and stick to it as best as possible. Or maybe the number in mind is $10 and sell all and it goes to $30 but someone is perfectly happy with their returns at $10, it's all good. Ive been through bull and bear markets and it seems to get lonely the higher prices go at some point for many different reasons. But I don't judge,everyone is in a different situation and people have their reasons and some very good. It's a problem that I would love all of us to have with xrp within two years :)

If/when the price starts going up, it will be stressful as hell.  You don't know when ATH is reached.  Based on the past charts, there isn't a particularly huge window.

I'm going to probably plan on doing a few different sells.  The first one would be at $5.  From there, its really a matter of luck where the market goes after that.  Hopefully it keeps climbing and I can sell more.  A pullback would create quite the conundrum......panic sell to capture profits or hope it goes higher.

I definitely plan on hodling a chunk long long term, but I'd like to make some sells around those levels and hopefully slash a few years off of work.  It would really burn to be greedy and not pull the trigger on a substantial amount of money and portfolio diversification, and then have things crash for 2 years again.

First world problems

On 2/1/2020 at 7:27 PM, Eric123 said:

Exactly.  Here is how I see it happening. I think Bitcoin and the ALTs begin to move up from here.  XRP which has basically lagged should get a big jolt which moves it's price around $5 - $ 10 about 6-8 months prior to Bitcoin making its parabolic run.  After Bitcoin tops out for this cycle -  XRP will then go parabolic 3-4x it's price.  I think this cycle brings Bitcoin above $300,000 and XRP above $30. 

Buying Bitcoin and putting the gains into XRP could work out great, but XRP can move suddenly and violently and those moves are easy to miss.  Literally XRP could be .75 tomorrow.  I myself wouldn't feel comfortable not owning some XRP and Bitcoin. 

BTC at 300K 

silent movie laughing GIF by Maudit