Sign in to follow this  
itcdominic

Received .000088 XRP randomly -is this a SCAM????

4 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

OK, I see that now....I normally never look at the memos because its always me to me..... I moved most of my funds off that wallet to another wallet just in case.

As long as you dont visit that site and fill in your information (to claim a fake airdrop) your safe.

Out of 6 xrp accounts, only the one with more than 50k xrp received 0.000088xrp Do I have to worry ? Address created with 25 words on Nano S, with few transfers

5 minutes ago, Blueconect said:

Out of 6 xrp accounts, only the one with more than 50k xrp received 0.000088xrp Do I have to worry ? Address created with 25 words on Nano S, with few transfers

see the scam details above.....it seems that for .000088 they sent you they get to add a memo.  Think of this like the cost of junkmail postage.  the memo provides instructions that if followed would scam you....DO NOT FOLLOW THE MEMO instructions...the memo was sent by scammers to get you to visit a fake site hoping you will give them your secret key so that they can then steal your XRP...DO NOT DO IT.

3 minutes ago, itcdominic said:

voir les détails de l'arnaque ci-dessus ..... il semble que pour .000088 ils vous ont envoyé, ils peuvent ajouter un mémo. Pensez à cela comme le coût de l'affranchissement de Junkmail. le mémo fournit des instructions qui, si elles étaient suivies, vous arnaqueraient .... NE SUIVEZ PAS LES INSTRUCTIONS DU MÉMO ... le mémo a été envoyé par des escrocs pour vous faire visiter un faux site en espérant que vous leur donnerez votre clé secrète afin qu'ils puissent ensuite voler votre XRP ... NE LE FAITES PAS.

To steal xrp in a ledger nano S, you have to have 24 (25) words? Are there no other possible ways? So the funds are safe

4 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

@Blueconect   La seule façon pour quelqu'un de supprimer XRP de votre portefeuille est d'avoir accès à votre adresse secrète ou à votre phrase secrète. Gardez-le en sécurité, gardez-le secret.

image.png.143f4034f28292ca6a89dea5b5437206.png

Thank you that's all I wanted to know :) Too bad to have this kind of dust on my account anyway

29 minutes ago, Blueconect said:

image.png.143f4034f28292ca6a89dea5b5437206.png

Thank you that's all I wanted to know :) Too bad to have this kind of dust on my account anyway

See it on the bright side, you received 88 drops for free. So they speak the truth, it was an airdrop ;)

So if the latest XRPL update lets people close wallets to recover their initial wallet fee,  couldn't someone write a couple of bots that;

1. open say, 100 new wallets and wait for the .000088 drop
  2. close wallet, transfer .000088 to new wallet
  3. ...
  4. profit?

Do this millions of times and you'd be rich! 

Edited by WrathofKahneman

11 minutes ago, WrathofKahneman said:

So if the latest XRPL update lets people close wallets to recover their initial wallet fee,  couldn't someone write a couple of bots that;

1. open say, 100 new wallets and wait for the .000088 drop
  2. close wallet, transfer .000088 to new wallet
  3. ...
  4. profit?

Do this millions of times and you'd be rich! 

1 million time would equal $20

not sure that the time it would take to do this would be worth it.

11 minutes ago, WrathofKahneman said:

couldn't someone write a couple of bots that [...]

Exactly because of stuff like this you can't recover your full reserve, quite a large chunk of it gets paid as fee.

1 minute ago, itcdominic said:

not sure that the time it would take to do this would be worth it.

It takes a few minutes to script this at most... getting the millions of XRP required for that and the million transactions on the ledger though is a different problem.