Jump to content
Chris_Reeves

Will ODL cause an increase in price? Some thoughts..

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

I stopped believing ( in good or bad things)  or believing in what others ( even “ insiders”) believe in april 2018.

I want facts.  But there hardly aren’t any. 

Yeah that’s fair.  Me too to with the caveat that sometimes we have to gut feel what the hidden fact is...  

I think there are facts out there that strongly indicate XRP is central to Ripple.  So far I don’t see any provable facts to the contrary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tinyaccount said:

Yeah that’s fair.  Me too to with the caveat that sometimes we have to gut feel what the hidden fact is...  

I think there are facts out there that strongly indicate XRP is central to Ripple.  So far I don’t see any provable facts to the contrary.

Even if XRP is central to Ripple, it doesn't make it any more likely to increase in price, that ship seems to have sailed.

Wondering whether to wait and pray for another irrational pump to "derisk", or keep it and use it to buy lollies and kiddy toys.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, KevClem said:

Even if XRP is central to Ripple, it doesn't make it any more likely to increase in price, that ship seems to have sailed.

Um, er, no...   it hasn’t sailed.  It’s only just starting to slip some of the dock lines now.

This whole thread has had repeated explanations of why it’s possible (likely?) that increased utility usage will increase price.  You seem to have missed all that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WillGetThere said:

An opinion of 1 person (even though with some insider knowledge

My cat* has more insider knowledge about Ripple than Tiffany after the infamous (and embarrassing) Claire Arthurs incident. It comes as no surprise that her opinion on XRP has increasingly soured after her all access pass to Ripple was revoked  

 

 

* I don’t have a cat

Edited by LilBender

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LilBender said:

My cat* has more insider knowledge about Ripple than Tiffany after the infamous (and embarrassing) Claire Arthurs incident. It comes as no surprise that her opinion on XRP has increasingly soured after her all access pass to Ripple was revoked  

 

 

* I don’t have a cat

Please ellaborate on Claire Arthur...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

I'm insecure.
but I just bought some XRP the other day.

It would help me if Brad G. would say at least once that he is "long XRP" and not always just "long Bitcoin".

But he does not do that. Apparently with good reason.

because it is too obvious?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Very strong and powerful post from you!But for a second you were distracted 

"I'm jealous!  Can someone tell me who is Tiffany dating?" 

😂😂😂

 

 

Edited by minicuzzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elysium2030 said:

Let me get this straight. Tiffany comes in here, has deep connections to the Ripple HQ and says that Ripple and its products won't cause a price increase on XRP? Instead, they're calling giftcards and other stuff usecase?

That's what I call a party crasher. I'm sitting here on my XRP waiting for them to go up to $5 and an insider says that's not going to happen.

BRAD, GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK.

 

 

Ps: i wont sell until 2022

1. Don’t trust any insider 

2. I don’t think she has any exclusive info ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

Exactly.  There are 11,000+ banks in the world.  There are also thousands of private-enterprise money transfer companies. 

There are many possibilities for XRP to be used as a private alternative to CDBCs if CBDCs were used bank to bank for major corridors. 

From a retail investor perspective, XRP is still the most widely used (in business) crypto out there.  It will do well in a speculative bull run for that reason alone. 

Do I think XRP will be worth $100+? I don't really see it happening.  Do I think XRP will never ever get above $1 again? If that were to happen, then either the crypto market as a whole is dying, or XRP suffers a spectacular failure/loss of confidence regardless of its usecases! BTC has zero use case other than "store of value".  95%+ of cryptos have zero use case outside of the fantasies written on whitepapers. 

The bitcoin halving happens in 4 months or so.  Every halving has introduced a bull run that occurs in the months after the halving.  If we're still in a bear market at the end of this year, I'd be very pessimistic about XRP's chances, and will probably cut my losses (on the particular holdings I have, still way up over all).

It pains me to say this, but in my opinion the value characteristics for XRP needed to be adjusted so that it doesn’t reflect that of a security. I believe this was fixed as a means to appease regulators for this new type of asset class to not be ruled as a security, also hindering the tokens value metric. This recalculation of perceived value also effects similar ALT coins whose description is similar to a utility token / digital currency. It was shortly after this time when Ripple execs and staff started off loading their XRP as a result of these alterations.

The employees of Ripple knew exactly what happened but were silent around the events as to not encur further depreciation of the token. The writing has been on the wall for over a year now and if XRP is ever capable of reaching $1 again plan your exit strategy.

in my opinion regulation is killing this industry not helping it.

Edited by Scout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Scout said:

It pains me to say this, but I n my opinion the value characteristics for XRP needed to be adjusted so that it doesn’t reflect that of a security. I believe this was fixed as a means to appease regulators for this new type of asset class not to be ruled as a security but also rendering the tokens value metric. This recalculation of value also effects similar ALT coins whose description is similar to a utility token / digital currency. It was shortly after this time when Ripple execs and staff started off loading their XRP as a result of these alterations. The employees of Ripple knew exactly what happened but were silent around the events as to not encur further depreciation of the token, but the writing has been on the wall for over a year now. If XRP is ever capable of reaching $1 again plan your exit strategy like everyone else has done already.

Ripple had to manipulate the market to please the SEC...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Scout said:

It pains me to say this, but in my opinion the value characteristics for XRP needed to be adjusted so that it doesn’t reflect that of a security. I believe this was fixed as a means to appease regulators for this new type of asset class to not be ruled as a security, also hindering the tokens value metric. This recalculation of perceived value also effects similar ALT coins whose description is similar to a utility token / digital currency. It was shortly after this time when Ripple execs and staff started off loading their XRP as a result of these alterations.

The employees of Ripple knew exactly what happened but were silent around the events as to not encur further depreciation of the token, but the writing has been on the wall for over a year now. If XRP is ever capable of reaching $1 again plan your exit strategy.

Everything in this post is conjecture without evidence.  How do you beat down the price of something sold on the open market?  The volume of XRP sales by ripple has followed a policy announced in 2017 before the securities issue became known.  The proportion of XRP old, compared to BC mining, is not so especially.  BTC has lots of whales who sold out.

Price has got stuck because  there have been a lot of sellers.  Many sellers bought at .06 and got bored of holding when other coins are doing better. 

DS off loaded some stock about a year ago because his wife asked him to de-risk and he has done well. 

I will not exit at 1 or 2.  I might sell 5% of my stock at 3 to recover my investment.  Everyone must make their own exit strategies after doing their own research.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

Everything in this post is conjecture without evidence.  How do you beat down the price of something sold on the open market?  The volume of XRP sales by ripple has followed a policy announced in 2017 before the securities issue became known.  The proportion of XRP old, compared to BC mining, is not so especially.  BTC has lots of whales who sold out.

Price has got stuck because  there have been a lot of sellers.  Many sellers bought at .06 and got bored of holding when other coins are doing better. 

DS off loaded some stock about a year ago because his wife asked him to de-risk and he has done well. 

I will not exit at 1 or 2.  I might sell 5% of my stock at 3 to recover my investment.  Everyone must make their own exit strategies after doing their own research.

I really hope I am wrong, but from previous experience this is the way I perceive it for now. I’m all in, on XRP and XRP only. At $1.00 I will be derisking my investment and the rest I’ll let ride.

Edited by Scout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Scout said:

I really hope I am wrong, but from previous experience this is the way I perceive it for now. I’m all in, on XRP and XRP only. At $1.00 I will be derisking my investment and the rest I’ll let ride.

Pessimism is very infectious, as is optimism.  The pessimism on the XRP forums is understandable, but I have seen nothing, NOTHING, to make me less optimistic than I was when I was buying at 1.2 in 2018.

The Far East is looking ready to explode into ODL with participation from the banks coming in to join the party. India looks very promising.  Australia is looking good.  The middle East is looking good.  Brazil and Argentina and Central America are ramping up. The EU have Christine Lagarde is at the ECB.  America is waiting regularity clarity.  Nobody else has ODL.  Stock is cheapest its been for two years. What's not to like?

Edited by Julian_Williams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...