Will ODL cause an increase in price? Some thoughts..

On 1/26/2020 at 4:21 AM, Tinyaccount said:

My impression has always been that the initial investors were onboard with the ‘dent in the universe’ mission.   Therefore were able to take the longer view.  

That will definitely NOT be the case once the public are onboard...  there is only one shareholder imperative...  profit.  (Yeah I am aware of green investing and corporate morality and civic duty mission statements,   but the real world proves over and over again that public companies in the western world are short term profit driven.)

Ripple share price in a bear market. 

Ripple investors demand Ripple do whatever it takes to raise the share price, such as sell XRP to raise capital and the enhance the fundamentals of the company. 

Is this what you are afraid of? 

1 hour ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

Ripple share price in a bear market. 

Ripple investors demand Ripple do whatever it takes to raise the share price, such as sell XRP to raise capital and the enhance the fundamentals of the company. 

Is this what you are afraid of? 

That is one scenario and it would not be good.  But more than that...   the massive shortening of vision that occurs in a publicly traded company versus a private one.  

You can have a realistic five (and even ten) year plan in a private company.  A public one might pay lip service to that but next months earnings release holds an inordinate amount of sway over decisions when the market is your master.

I’ve seen the re-alligning of motives after a public float.   It’s not pretty.   

3 hours ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

Nobody knows. I have learnt not to believe anything in crypto however much technical jargon and fancy graphs it is backed up by. 

Let us look at the evidence. 

Since ODL volume picked up around the turn of this decade, XRP has been trending upwards. 

Until that changes, i.e. ODL volume continues to grow, and XRP price trends downwards, I will continue to believe......

ODL is causing the price of XRP to increase. 

Yes I know correlation and cause are not the same thing, but if the number of ice creams consumed and number of people drowning in swimming pools annually correlate, I will use one to predict the other. Causality or not. 

ETH, bitcoin ,BCH, bcv, xtz, LTC and numerous other coins for the past two weeks that have increased significantly all must be having some good ODL volume too!