Chris_Reeves

Will ODL cause an increase in price? Some thoughts..

2 minutes ago, Julian_Williams said:

my DCA is 42, and regard that as quite low!

I am been in negative since Feb 2018

I am looking at the long picture, and it just gets better and better, whatever the pessimists say.  Being negative does not worry me. 

Holy.. 42? Never ever buy this high! 

My trade  xrp are at 0.29,my hodl xrp like. 0.18

Good luck 4 you

3 minutes ago, Plikk said:

DCA doesnt matter that much if you are a longer term investor waiting for parabolic movement. It is the sell targets that do. People who bought BTC @100 USD and sold at 200 made less than people who bought at 200 and sold at 600. 

It is the total picture that counts. 

If one assumes that the price will increase significantly, your statement is of course correct. But nobody knows how, when and if the price will even rise above one dollar again. We all believe and hope. One is waiting for 0.50, the other for 20$.

30 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

Holy.. 42? Never ever buy this high! 

My trade  xrp are at 0.29,my hodl xrp like. 0.18

Good luck 4 you

Its not high.  When I bought at 1.2 It was a bargain, but the price went down and down and down, so the bargains got better and better.

XRP will go up and up as the corridors multiply and the network effect kicks in. 

I'm long and delighted with my position.

47 minutes ago, Plikk said:

DCA doesnt matter that much if you are a longer term investor waiting for parabolic movement. It is the sell targets that do. People who bought BTC @100 USD and sold at 200 made less than people who bought at 200 and sold at 600. 

It is the total picture that counts. 

I know what you mean and I agree with you, but that has nothing to do with investing . That’s pure speculation and high risk gambling.  Of course if you don’t have a problem with losing all your money it’s a worthy gamble .  Thing is fundamentals change quickly in this kind of market. Many more competitors nowadays than 3 years ago imho 

1 hour ago, Zerp_Legend said:

I know what you mean and I agree with you, but that has nothing to do with investing . That’s pure speculation and high risk gambling.  Of course if you don’t have a problem with losing all your money it’s a worthy gamble .  Thing is fundamentals change quickly in this kind of market. Many more competitors nowadays than 3 years ago imho 

It’s not a full gamble. It is an educated guess based upon previous Crypto Cycles(which once again look like they will repeat a 4th time) and fundamental progress made by Ripple/XRP. 

Every investment is a ‘gamble’ of some sort, since you are essentially gambling the price will either go up, or down. It is the strategy you apply and the research you do that makes it more or less of a gamble or how i’d rather call it an educated guess. 

i do agree that crypto is way more speculative than traditional investments and thereby more risky. I am willing to take that risk based upon my research, obligations, strategy and age. 

Edited by Plikk

44 minutes ago, Plikk said:

It’s not a full gamble. It is an educated guess based upon previous Crypto Cycles(which once again look like they will repeat a 4th time) and fundamental progress made by Ripple/XRP. 

Every investment is a ‘gamble’ of some sort, since you are essentially gambling the price will either go up, or down. It is the strategy you apply and the research you do that makes it more or less of a gamble or how i’d rather call it an educated guess. 

I know. I just dont see buying lower every month as a good strategy. In fact. I see buying something that has been going down for 3 years as the highest form of gamble and bad risk management.

Mind you, I am not better. Just honest to my mistakes :D

Edited by Zerp_Legend

2 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

Well I will still be eating cat food when you are sunning yourself on the Costa del Sol

Luckily modern day advances in cat food have afforded a wide variety of chicken & salmon flavors, along with hairball control.

Costa Del Sol looks a lot like Southern California coastline, and quite the sun n’ fun.

13 hours ago, 2ndtimearound said:

You got anything to back up that assertion that house prices have tracked wages?

In the west (USA, Canada, Europe, Australia and NZ), house prices have galloped away from wages for decades.

USA: https://www.longtermtrends.net/home-price-median-annual-income-ratio/

Australia: https://www.businessinsider.com.au/chart-australian-wages-house-prices-2018-3

Canada: https://saskatoonresidential.com/buying-a-house-on-your-own/

UK (as a chart) :-

UKhouseprices&wages.jpg

The first link I provide completely debunks your throwaway remark that wages in the US have tracked house prices.  NOPE.  House prices have become more and more multiples of a typical yearly salary in the US.  IF you were right, then the federal funds rate could easily be normalised to 5%+ and the housing market wouldn't blink.  Do me a favour...the housing market would be obliterated if the US ever normalised rates again - and that just shows that house prices have gone up way faster than wage inflation. 

YOUR link you provide merely states that wages have tracked dollar inflation.  Nothing more, nothing less than that. 

When I'm talking about these things, I'm usually referring the US numbers, because I live in the US. And while, you are right, that housing does cost more in the US now than 1950, its not as far off as the UK or Australia. In the US since 1970, the average house has gone from 3.3x salary to 4.4x salary, an increase of about 33%, which is substantial, but not nearly as bad as UK, or Australia.

The main things that have skyrocketed in the US is tuition and healthcare. 

23 minutes ago, Archbob said:

When I'm talking about these things, I'm usually referring the US numbers, because I live in the US. And while, you are right, that housing does cost more in the US now than 1950, its not as far off as the UK or Australia. In the US since 1970, the average house has gone from 3.3x salary to 4.4x salary, an increase of about 33%, which is substantial, but not nearly as bad as UK, or Australia.

The main things that have skyrocketed in the US is tuition and healthcare. 

Edit - No so sure what they use for the housing data, but it doesn't look right, but perhaps the housing crash in 2008 to some effect.

price-changes-in-usa-in-past-20-years-90

Edited by ManBearPig

2 hours ago, ManBearPig said:

Edit - No so sure what they use for the housing data, but it doesn't look right, but perhaps the housing crash in 2008 to some effect.

price-changes-in-usa-in-past-20-years-90

Looks like "average hourly earnings" falls in the middle. Housing probably includes rent as well.

Edited by Archbob

On 1/21/2020 at 5:43 PM, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Well, that’s a stretch: from #XRPthestandard to #XRPforgiftcardsandcryptoforchildrentoplayonlinegames. 

This is funny.  I thought the very same thing when I read Tiff's post.   kid's gift cards and games....

On 1/21/2020 at 5:57 PM, TiffanyHayden said:

It doesn't suck for those who never thought one company using XRP for one use was the be-all and end-all of crypto. 

#XRPthestandard ?