Chris_Reeves

Will ODL cause an increase in price? Some thoughts..

The strategy 'seems' to be follow the flavor of the month and rebrand. This latest Fall 2019, Powell is all over discussing demand for free-flowing "liquidity." The result at the exact period of time - ODL/On-Demand Liquidity. (Sort of like On Demand Movies from a pool of movies right?) From the outside it seems like Ripple actually plays from behind not dictate the future as most of us here assumed including myself.

As far as derivatives - what monthly proof has been shown that entities want to hold the underlying asset XRP let alone bet on the derivative of it? That's pie in the sky shit and always has been. The MM incentive programs didn't seem to work to me. XRP is not designed as a commodity. What's being incentivized right now, still no one knows. Is XRP the pricing mechanism of oil and the bridge asset to geopolitical stability? Is it the bridge asset that provides the underbanked a remittance walkway to financial inclusion? Is XRP the new Carbon Credit? We just don't know...in 2020.

As an aside, Tether pumped the market out of nowhere on April Fools Day did it not? Since this happened in Spring of 2017, has the answer really changed for any digital asset as far as how to increase the price without reason. 

Edited by 1776isHere

6 hours ago, Archbob said:

Yes, the average income has ground immensely since 1939 as has everything else.  Things like Milk and Bacon and actually cheaper relative to income now than in 1939.

What about college tuition?I think you're discounting the fact that college tuition has increased by a much larger rate relative to median household income, especially in more recent years. Couple that with the fact that you need to have a degree as a bare minimum prerequisite in order to be competitive in the economic marketplace in today's society and the record level of college debt with no resolution in sight? I think Xill appears alarmist in his posts but he does have some valid points in regards to the Fed's monetary policy and what's going on at a global macroeconomic level. 

I thought it was common sense, especially for those with the foresight to invest into crypto currencies, that housing, cars, healthcare, and college have sky rocketed even when adjusted for inflation which historical costs can easily be calculated into present day dollars to compare to. the thing that stands out the most that has actually decreased are consumer electronics. It will be the first time in centuries that the younger generation will not  be better off than their parents. 

Only those in the very highest income brackets have seen their incomes grow faster than inflation over the last 50 years. Everyone else has remained stagnant or seen their wages decrease after adjusting for inflation.

50 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Speaking of ODL, Ripple released the Q4 report. Volume increased 100X from Q1 to Q4, with a 650% increased from Q3 to Q4.

Wohooo lets celebrate! 

W8 a minute. 

The price dropped to hell in Q4 and we saw digits we thought we would never see again. 

No party today. As long as the price is trash like this, i give a **** 'bout transaction volumes and shit. 

I wanna see value. Value shown in $/XRP, no fairydust potential talk that one day blabla. 

Price. Thats the only thing that matter. 

55 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

Wohooo lets celebrate! 

W8 a minute. 

The price dropped to hell in Q4 and we saw digits we thought we would never see again. 

No party today. As long as the price is trash like this, i give a **** 'bout transaction volumes and shit. 

I wanna see value. Value shown in $/XRP, no fairydust potential talk that one day blabla. 

Price. Thats the only thing that matter. 

What’s the rush man?

579630D8-A5C2-445A-A787-FBCA374D396B.gif

ODL had to be miniscule in the 1st quarter of 2019, so the 100X volume increase from back then doesn't make my jim jams all nice and muddy.  You can throw a hundred drops of water into a coffee cup and still not have a lot of water.  The speculative value of XRP remains way higher than its utility value.  Current ODL usage would probably work just fine at a fraction of a penny.

The measure I am focusing more on is ODL Volume from Q3 to Q4 increasing 6.5X which should have more of a measurable base to compare against.  Lets say the rate of volume growth each quarter in 2020 remains constant (though the rate of growth is likely increasing in velocity each quarter) -->  (6.5x) (6.5x) (6.5x)  (6.5x) = 1,785X year over year of growth.  Instead of pouring 100 drops into a coffee cup, now we are pouring 1,785 coffee cups into a bath tub in 2020.  In 2021, we will be pouring thousands of bathtubs into a big swimming pool and so on.... One could speculate at some point in time as the number and volume of transactions continue to grow, the utility value will raise the baseline price of xrp in order to provide enough liquidity to perform its intended use.  Whether the open market speculative price remains higher than its utility price in the long run remains unforeseen.  Fundamentals have not changed at all.

Edited by ManBearPig

3 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

ODL had to be miniscule in the 1st quarter of 2019, so the 100X volume increase from back then doesn't make my jim jams all nice and muddy.  You can throw a hundred drops of water into a coffee cup and still not have a lot of water.  The speculative value of XRP remains way higher than its utility value.  Current ODL usage would probably work just fine at a fraction of a penny.

The measure I am focusing more on is ODL Volume from Q3 to Q4 quarter increasing 6.5X which as should have more of a measurable base to compare against.  Lets say the rate of volume growth each quarter in 2020 remains constant (though the rate of growth is likely increasing in velocity each quarter) -->  (6.5x) (6.5x) (6.5x)  (6.5x) = 1,785X year over year of growth.  Instead of pouring 100 drops into a coffee cup, now we are pouring 1,785 coffee cups into a bath tub in 2020.  In 2021, we will be pouring thousands of bathtubs into a big swimming pool and so on.... One could speculate at some point in time as the number and volume of transactions continue to grow, the utility value will raise the baseline price of xrp in order to provide enough liquidity to perform its intended use.  Whether the open market speculative price remains higher than its utility price in the long run remains unforeseen.  Fundamentals have not changed at all.

Agreed 100%

45 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

The measure I am focusing more on is ODL Volume from Q3 to Q4 increasing 6.5X which should have more of a measurable base to compare against.  Lets say the rate of volume growth each quarter in 2020 remains constant (though the rate of growth is likely increasing in velocity each quarter) -->  (6.5x) (6.5x) (6.5x)  (6.5x) = 1,785X year over year of growth.  Instead of pouring 100 drops into a coffee cup, now we are pouring 1,785 coffee cups into a bath tub in 2020.  In 2021, we will be pouring thousands of bathtubs into a big swimming pool and so on.... One could speculate at some point in time as the number and volume of transactions continue to grow, the utility value will raise the baseline price of xrp in order to provide enough liquidity to perform its intended use.  Whether the open market speculative price remains higher than its utility price in the long run remains unforeseen.  Fundamentals have not changed at all.

I know i know i know. 

But in wanna be rich right now! 

Ripple have to respect that :)

PS: i am just bit frustrated cause my trade xrp are in the reds.. with 29 cent average. Cmon xrp, kiddin me

2 hours ago, Elysium2030 said:

Wohooo vamos a celebrar! 

W8 por minuto. 

El precio cayó al infierno en el cuarto trimestre y vimos dígitos que pensamos que nunca volveríamos a ver. 

No hay fiesta hoy. Mientras el precio sea una basura como esta, le doy una mierda por los volúmenes de transacción y esa mierda. 

Quiero ver el valor El valor se muestra en $ / XRP, no se habla de potencial de fairydust ese día blabla. 

Precio. Eso es lo único que importa. 

If, as it seems, you have been in this world for more than two years and you still do not understand that to see the value of XRP / $ increase (until it makes you happy) the above must occur (significant increase in ODL) I honestly believe that you have wrong investing in XRP.

10 minutes ago, Elysium2030 said:

I know i know i know. 

PS: i am just bit frustrated cause my trade xrp are in the reds.. with 29 cent average. Cmon xrp, kiddin me

My Dollar Cost Average is right around yours,  I certainly know the feeling.

15 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

My Dollar Cost Average is right around yours,  I certainly know the feeling.

I guess the lucky ones bought before the XRP rebrand when they were called ripples.

1 hour ago, Elysium2030 said:

I know i know i know. 

my DCA is 42, and regard that as quite low!

I am been in negative since Feb 2018

I am looking at the long picture, and it just gets better and better, whatever the pessimists say.  Being negative does not worry me.