Chris_Reeves

Will ODL cause an increase in price? Some thoughts..

7 minutes ago, Plikk said:

@Xill please stop making a fool out of yourself. All your posts i’ve read clearly show you have no clue about even basic economics. I commend you for your views in trying to come up with a ‘better world’ but it is just not tangible or feasible at all. I’m sorry but your dreams have no grasp on reality and as you can see people are getting fed up by these fairy tales you sketch. 

Days will tell if im right, fed balance sheet qe's, low rates (already negative in germany and Japan) and gold price support what im saying.. dyor

No grasp on reality, yea go on talking about reality when i give you facts and you laugh. DENIAL

Edited by Xill

Xill seems far-fetched although it doesn't seem anymore of a fairy tale then $100 xrp like some ppl think. Noone even knows if odl will impact price as shown in this thread or what will impact price other than maybe a random event to pump all crypto. But that seems the case for a lot of crypto so round we go with the crypto game. As much as ppl bash it Bitcoin has been probably the surest bet in crypto so far for returns.

Edited by BravoTango
Because

20 minutes ago, Xill said:

Days will tell if im right, fed balance sheet qe's, low rates (already negative in germany and Japan) and gold price support what im saying.. dyor

No grasp on reality, yea go on talking about reality when i give you facts and you laugh. DENIAL

Is "I'm at the gym" former-soviet-union code for "getting shitfaced?"  I'm just going to assume it is.

In Spring 2017 xRapid came about. Before that, it didn't exist. Between 2013-2016 Ripple announced banking partners left and right with no price movement. Now xRapid is a new name yet again. Name changes concern me. These days, we don't even have winkenings anymore. I remember watching Vias video at Baruch College. At this stage I think XRP's only chance is repo. But again that's a tin foil idea. We were spoiled and this has been a giant societal experiment. Perception and herd-thinking off false proclamations brought us to - what will make the price rise? Absurd to think about it now. 

2 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

You guys understand that central bank debt is a lot different than some random person's credit card debt, right?

This so much.  Wasn't until I read a reddit ELI5 on this until I even considered this being a thing.  The world isn't perfect, but the 'system' really isn't all that bad and there is zero pending doom.

It is unfortunate that so many people in crypto have their heads up their asses regarding economics and the current state of affairs.

Edited by mrhat75

1 hour ago, Caracappa said:

You want a house to live in. How will you get one?
You want to start a business and need to buy inventory/materials/place to work. How will you get that?

Sometimes you need a loan to live or to get a cashflow going. Debt is not a bad thing, it keeps a society going and interacting. Growing debts on debts on debts that can not be paid back starts becoming a problem, as it did in 2008.

A (temporary) debt is fine to buy a house for example. As long as you pay it back in due time after which the object becomes yours.

Yes, I want to live in a house, but now i have to take a loan for 30 years when in the past i could buy a house from the wedding money. huge inflation, wonder why..

If i want to start a business I will work hard and earn my money, I wont take a loan for a business that might fail

Edited by Xill

8 minutes ago, NightJanitor said:

Is "I'm at the gym" former-soviet-union code for "getting shitfaced?"  I'm just going to assume it is.

i guess you lack of friends if laughing on other people make you smile. gtfo

12 minutes ago, Ryyy20 said:

Now this is quite an interesting comment from our man at the BIS Benoit Coeure:

“Top priority is not CBDC but cross border payments“

:big_boss:

Edited by Xill

Not sure if "you guys" was referring to my post, if not I'm sorry. My point is xill posts seem extremely unlikely as do posts about xrp being $100 someday and yay we are so glad it's dropping so we can buy more.  Everyone can pile on xill and bash him but we are all going to look like dummies and not the brightest ppl for investing in xrp if it fails.  Funny how crypto works right educated guess that fails and a moron. Wrong educated guess that works out and suddenly a genius.

16 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

You guys understand that central bank debt is a lot different than some random person's credit card debt, right?

We do, but Xill doesn't. Its really just one person.

6 minutes ago, Xill said:

Yes, I want to live in a house, but now i have to take a loan for 30 years when in the past i could buy a house from the wedding money. 

If i want to start a business I will work hard and earn my money, I wont take a loan for a business that might fail

Maybe we just have a cultural misunderstanding.  Could you perhaps explain what you mean by "wedding money?"

Also, is the (*legitimate*) failure to repay a business loan treated as a crime in your country?  Do you go to prison?

Perhaps, also, it would be wise to ask:  Is your banker a Georgian in a flash BMW who imagines that he's a rapper?

(I'm not up on my diplomacy skills, but I'm trying, okay?)

17 minutes ago, Gorgalosk said:

Lol, I do.

But ultimately every debt provides an income for someone else. At every scale. But yes, over-crediting is a bad thing, also at every scale.