Will ODL cause an increase in price? Some thoughts..

1 minute ago, Xill said:

Mortages and Debt are the reasons for a crisis. stop looking at it as it's good  because it's not.  How can it be good if this what leads to a crisis? please educate me

You want a house to live in. How will you get one?
You want to start a business and need to buy inventory/materials/place to work. How will you get that?

Sometimes you need a loan to live or to get a cashflow going. Debt is not a bad thing, it keeps a society going and interacting. Growing debts on debts on debts that can not be paid back starts becoming a problem, as it did in 2008.

A (temporary) debt is fine to buy a house for example. As long as you pay it back in due time after which the object becomes yours.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Buys and sells of XRP are made with a spread of some basis points. When $1Billion per day is being transferred around the globe using ODL even at 10basis points spread, someone is earning $365million

*Longish post warning* Okay so we're all speculating that in the long term, ODL will ultimately drive a higher price. But how can that happen? What we've seen so far is that there is, currently,

It seems like there are multiple, concurrent events that will drive the price of XRP upward.  Increasing ODL liquidity needs would gradually create the perception of value and scarcity that is necessa

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

You want a house to live in. How will you get one?
You want to start a business and need to buy inventory/materials/place to work. How will you get that?

Sometimes you need a loan to live or to get a cashflow going. Debt is not a bad thing, it keeps a society going and interacting. Growing debts on debts on debts that can not be paid back starts becoming a problem, as it did in 2008.

A (temporary) debt is fine to buy a house for example. As long as you pay it back in due time after which the object becomes yours.

look global.

global debt is not fine, US debt is not fine, china, europe...

now the fed prints just to cover the rates on the debt. this is how bad the things are. 

This things wont last for ever. soon it will end, by huge inflation, or by going back to stoneage  those are the only two option for the problems.. oh wait.. now there is crypto..

when there was a crisis in asia USA told the asians  central banks not to print money because its not good! 

the absurd is real

Edited by Xill
1 minute ago, Xill said:

look global.

global debt is not fine, US debt is not fine, china, europe...

now the fed prints just to cover the rates on the debt. this is how bad the things are. 

This things wont last for ever. soon it will end, by huge inflation, or by going back to stoneage

You did not answer the first two questions and keep repeating the same lines over and over.

I'm sorry, but I start getting the idea you live on the attic at your parents, you educated yourself via youtube, facebook and chrome browser and did not do a real study of any sorts yet because you are still a young lad. 

Being an idealist is fine, but only naming the issues without giving solutions is limited. Shouting debt is bad without understanding the basics of economics can only get you angry at the world. Debt exists for thousands of years and is not the issue itself. A debt too large can be.

Keeping Fiat connected to the gold standard is also a bad idea for an expanding economy and mostly, expanding population. It would hold everything back. You like that computer and smartphone you own, don't you?

4 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

You did not answer the first two questions and keep repeating the same lines over and over.

I'm sorry, but I start getting the idea you live on the attic at your parents, you educated yourself via youtube, facebook and chrome browser and did not do a real study of any sorts yet because you are still a young lad. 

Being an idealist is fine, but only naming the issues without giving solutions is limited. Shouting debt is bad without understanding the basics of economics can only get you angry at the world. Debt exists for thousands of years and is not the issue itself. A debt too large can be.

Keeping Fiat connected to the gold standard is also a bad idea for an expanding economy and mostly, expanding population. It would hold everything back. You like that computer and smartphone you own, don't you?

Im at the gym, as i get home i answer and explain everything .

@Xill

Listen carefully, as I’ll only say this once:

Without debt we still would be in the stone age killing lions with our bare hands.

Lending means you see an opportunity to invest and make more value with your idea in the near future. It fuels imagination and innovation.  Without lenders and debts the economic growth would have been a fraction of what it has been last centuries.

Note:  you even don’t have to read real physical books made out of paper:  there are plenty of e-books.  Maybe worth a try? 

13 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

@Xill

Listen carefully, as I’ll only say this once:

Without debt we still would be in the stone age killing lions with our bare hands.

Lending means you see an opportunity to invest and make more value with your idea in the near future. It fuels imagination and innovation.  Without lenders and debts the economic growth would have been a fraction of what it has been last centuries.

Note:  you even don’t have to read real physical books made out of paper:  there are plenty of e-books.  Maybe worth a try? 

Tell me, how can you solve the debt problem?  How can you solve debt problem when the economics relies only on growth and not on recessions? You fake growth by printing money? 

Last time the fed raised rates the market crashed.. and when market crashes its over. Hope you understand it..

Edited by Xill
5 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

@Xill

I have to say, E-books aren't as good as physical books. Not sure why.

2 minutes ago, Archbob said:

I have to say, E-books aren't as good as physical books. Not sure why.

On holiday I sometimes read 1 book a day ( I’m a fast reader) or even more.  So in the past I had to stuff my suitcase with a least 10 books. Now I bring on my Ipad with 5000 e-books. I even read books on my Iphone.  It’s a question of getting used to it. 

6 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

@Ripple-Stiltskin: We've tried, I give up.

I've got two kids running around the house all day asking me 'Why is this, why is that'... It's just as exhausting as this one.

More hard is to explain to you .

Can you tell me why market crashed when fed raised rates? 

Edited by Xill

@Xill please stop making a fool out of yourself. All your posts i’ve read clearly show you have no clue about even basic economics. I commend you for your views in trying to come up with a ‘better world’ but it is just not tangible or feasible at all. I’m sorry but your dreams have no grasp on reality and as you can see people are getting fed up by these fairy tales you sketch. 

I wish you a good day nonetheless. 

Edited by Plikk

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.