Jump to content
Chris_Reeves

Will ODL cause an increase in price? Some thoughts..

Recommended Posts

I also don't expect MM's to suddenly start purchasing XRP when so many people are perfectly willing to allow exchanges to have complete control over their holdings, interest free. Millions and millions and millions of XRP is just sitting idle at exchanges waiting for somebody who can find a way to make money off of it. 

 

control.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

I don't think ODL will cause an increase in price since there is no need to hold XRP (it's returned right after).

If demand outweighs supply, the price will increase. To facilitate extra demand, more XRP will be needed. That is upward pressure.

XRP are not ‘returned’ right after. They need to be bought.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

XRP are not ‘returned’ right after. They need to be bought.

If that were true, you'd be describing the nostro/vostro situation that Ripple is trying to replace. Use is needed, not ownership. 

15 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

If demand outweighs supply,

At any given moment, do you think you think there will be demand for more than a billion XRP? 2 billion? 3 billion? That much is already sitting idle, waiting to be used. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

So Tiffany are you now of the opinion that XRP is not going to increase in price in any foreseeable future?

@TiffanyHayden

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tinyaccount said:

So Tiffany are you now of the opinion that XRP is not going to increase in price in any foreseeable future?

@TiffanyHayden

I definitely think the price will increase. I just don't think it's dependent on Ripple or any other lone entity. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

If that were true, you'd be describing the nostro/vostro situation that Ripple is trying to replace. Use is needed, not ownership. 

I’m talking about those providing the ODL on partner exchanges. What you are describing is FI’s facilitating payments which hasn’t been discussed in this topic.

18 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

At any given moment, do you think you think there will be demand for more than a billion XRP? 2 billion? 3 billion? That much is already sitting idle, waiting to be used. 

Yes, of course, if Ripple manage to capture a large slice of the target market. Plus, those idle XRP will need to be divided into each corridor and as payment volume increases into the future, more and more XRP will be required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
5 minutes ago, TiffanyHayden said:

I definitely think the price will increase. I just don't think it's dependent on Ripple or any other lone entity. 

Thanks for that.  Since we have you here, as it were, can I ask off-topic how you feel about the relevant chances and timing of XRP and XLM rising significantly in price?

The small amount of Twitter conversation I’ve seen with you in it,  had you fairly optimistic about XLM. (If I recall correctly...   perhaps I don’t..)

And lastly, to anyone really, if ODL usage is NOT the cause (or largely contributed to) an XRP price rise,  what will be? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Flintstone said:

XRP will need to be divided into each corridor

What are Central Banks doing as all of this is happening? Why do they need to exist?

11 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

Thanks for that.  Since we have you here, as it were, can I ask off-topic how you feel about the relevant chances and timing of XRP and XLM rising significantly in price?

The small amount of Twitter conversation I’ve seen with you in it,  had you fairly optimistic about XLM. (If I recall correctly...   perhaps I don’t..)

And lastly, to anyone really, if ODL usage is NOT the cause (or largely contributed to) an XRP price rise,  what will be? 

I think both XRP and XLM will increase in price because they work during a time when everything is so fundamentally broken. They're also both backed by entities that have the resources and desire to fix anything that may go wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...