Sign in to follow this  
xrpzzzzzzz

VISA TOKEN SERVICE

Hello guys i'd like your opinion at this news. Their were some rumours about Ripple and VISA in the past, but I really don't know what to think anymore

there's so much happening that it's so hard what to expect. Lots of ripple staff leaving, CBDC's starting to launch, now this Visa token service. What do you 

guys think

https://www.the-blockchain.com/2020/01/17/new-blockchain-based-visa-token-service-set-to-launch-in-2020-set-to-reach-1-trillion/

yes , in France it's the same. even PayPal got a really fast paiement method since some months

still keeping my XRP stash , if I can get some $ 

Edited by Baka

https://usa.visa.com/partner-with-us/payment-technology/visa-token-service.html

I agree with the above. It looks like a blockchain based pre-funded digital debit card thingy ma-du-da that can integrate easily with multiple payment services.

This is great news for Ripple and XRP. It legitimizes the technology. Would you have sold Amazon stock in 1998 because other companies were getting into e-commerce? I never viewed Visa as a potential customer of Ripple’s anyway. There are many companies that are too small to realistically create their own crypto or token. Other companies will watch Visa and want to get into the crypto game. Why create your own when there’s already a technology with excellent liquidity that anyone can use?

38 minutes ago, peanut56 said:

JPM coin will kill ripple so will will visa and they will also take bitcoin, ethereum, ect. Honestly it looks like a different use case entirely.

JPM coin is a shitcoin

So the Visa token is not a cryptocurrency, so to speak, it is a online TX token that they are putting on blockchain for security's sake.  It represents a card, or perhaps the card transaction, but it is not the transfer of value itself, just a secure record.  This "token" will never be on an exchange; it's an ID security protocol for the internet.  The W3C has been working to standardize some of these things.

Competition is very good. Ripple has around 300 partners and it's very unlikely that the majority of them  will be standing on the sidelines and watch their competitors use blockchain and crypto and save money/time without switching to odl. Regulation and politics could kill ripple, not competition... actually let's hope they come in masses 

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, WrathofKahneman said:

So the Visa token is not a cryptocurrency, so to speak, it is a online TX token that they are putting on blockchain for security's sake.  It represents a card, or perhaps the card transaction, but it is not the transfer of value itself, just a secure record.  This "token" will never be on an exchange; it's an ID security protocol for the internet.  The W3C has been working to standardize some of these things.

Yeah, What he said.