Will XRP EVER regain its ATH price? Poll

Do you think XRP will EVER regain its ATH price of 3.92 usd?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think XRP will EVER regain its ATH price of 3.92 usd?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I could not find the we will never see prices this low again option.

This already happened and within one month nonetheless  

it will go to moon soon with gold standard coming to fix the broken system

11 hours ago, retep said:

from 0,23 to 3,92 is about 1700% up, so i have a hard time to believe that wil happen anytime soon if ever.

So what’s changed to make that unlikely or impossible?  

Well,  there have been many people burnt by crypto who wouldn’t now touch it with a barge pole.  The reputation of crypto in the main stream media is a mish mash of being either a criminal enterprise and/or a bubble.  So any one coming in would probably now need much more than just white papers and hype to support their investment decision.

So that would point to thinking it can’t happen again.

As against that...  back then there were serious hurdles to investing, long waiting lists to get on to an exchange, slow fiat rails to the exchange, a lack of information and storage solutions for new investors.  Additionally,  buying XRP often involved buying Bitcoin first then transferring to another exchange then trading for XRP.  Since then fiat on ramps are everywhere,  and all of those issues are largely or completely mitigated.  The exchanges have undergone torture tests and are now much beefier.  Even so, the percentage of people involved in crypto last time was very low overall.

So if new money did want to flow in it could do so much easier than in the past.  That fact in a fomo situation would be like rocket fuel to the price in a much greater way than last time.

But why would money come?  
Firstly people have short memories for getting burnt...  witness endless boom and bust cycles in housing.

Secondly,  this time around there is likely to be much more legitimate enterprise activity.  Real and legitimate large companies are now moving into the crypto space...  German law, other countries...  they are all, in various ways,  legitimising the concept of crypto investments.  In many countries across the world the previously unaware populace are being exposed to blockchain technologies.

Main stream media who are largely antagonistic at the moment can turn on a dime and then start shouting ‘the bigger the base the higher in space’.  IF there is a bull run then it is likely the media will do exactly that..  and remember that the blockages of the past largely no longer exist.

This next one could be much much bigger...

12 minutes ago, Dinoizzy said:

Yet they still seem to suddenly be under maintenance or not working when there is a sudden and significant rise or fall in price. I dont trust the exchanges one bit.

That is true in some cases.  I think the major ones are less like that nowadays though.  One would hope for instance that any ODL enabled exchange doesn’t behave like that.

I was aware of this when I made that statement...   I think it is largely true.  But yeah,   buyer beware unfortunately,  on some of them.

2 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

That is true in some cases.  I think the major ones are less like that nowadays though.  One would hope for instance that any ODL enabled exchange doesn’t behave like that.

I was aware of this when I made that statement...   I think it is largely true.  But yeah,   buyer beware unfortunately,  on some of them.

Coinbase the other day

5 minutes ago, Dinoizzy said:

Coinbase the other day

Fair enough...  yeah...  crypto is a snake pit.  I really hope that isn’t the case for the ODL enabled exchanges though.

11 hours ago, Tinyaccount said:

So what’s changed to make that unlikely or impossible?  

Well,  there have been many people burnt by crypto who wouldn’t now touch it with a barge pole.  The reputation of crypto in the main stream media is a mish mash of being either a criminal enterprise and/or a bubble.  So any one coming in would probably now need much more than just white papers and hype to support their investment decision.

So that would point to thinking it can’t happen again.

As against that...  back then there were serious hurdles to investing, long waiting lists to get on to an exchange, slow fiat rails to the exchange, a lack of information and storage solutions for new investors.  Additionally,  buying XRP often involved buying Bitcoin first then transferring to another exchange then trading for XRP.  Since then fiat on ramps are everywhere,  and all of those issues are largely or completely mitigated.  The exchanges have undergone torture tests and are now much beefier.  Even so, the percentage of people involved in crypto last time was very low overall.

So if new money did want to flow in it could do so much easier than in the past.  That fact in a fomo situation would be like rocket fuel to the price in a much greater way than last time.

But why would money come?  
Firstly people have short memories for getting burnt...  witness endless boom and bust cycles in housing.

Secondly,  this time around there is likely to be much more legitimate enterprise activity.  Real and legitimate large companies are now moving into the crypto space...  German law, other countries...  they are all, in various ways,  legitimising the concept of crypto investments.  In many countries across the world the previously unaware populace are being exposed to blockchain technologies.

Main stream media who are largely antagonistic at the moment can turn on a dime and then start shouting ‘the bigger the base the higher in space’.  IF there is a bull run then it is likely the media will do exactly that..  and remember that the blockages of the past largely no longer exist.

This next one could be much much bigger...

Last year btc went up from 3300 to about 13k so thats about 400%, and other top ten coins went up roughly between 200% and 350%

but not xrp because that did go up from 33 cents to about 45 cents for a short while, so that was about 30-35%, so i don't think

that xrp wil go up the 1700% i mentioned earlier for a long long period to come. Specialy when i look at what happend last summer

when al the other coins went up while xrp was going nowere. Sure i hope that it wil rise beyond the moon but 1700% is not realistic

for years to come imo.

12 minutes ago, retep said:

when al the other coins went up while xrp was going nowere. Sure i hope that it wil rise beyond the moon but 1700% is not realistic

for years to come imo.

I’m not sure I follow the logic.  In my opinion the fact that XRP is not a favoured toy of the current (massively thinned down) bunch of crypto traders doesn’t affect any of the points I made.  

So then saying it’s not performing well during this winter (and now spring? Or is that too early yet?) doesn’t have a bearing on what would happen on an actual bull run.

But also, you say “for years to come” but I’m not sure I understand what you mean?  That things will improve in many years?  Then what will have changed?  Or that the current crop of whales and traders will have the market as their plaything for many years?

To be honest your view, though understandable, just looks like a feeling more than a reasoned position.  Forgive me if I’ve misunderstood.

Edited by Guest
Added ‘favoured’
17 hours ago, Dinoizzy said:

Yet they still seem to suddenly be under maintenance or not working when there is a sudden and significant rise or fall in price. I dont trust the exchanges one bit.

Binance is beyond shady. US based ones like coinbase and bittrex are better. It is still a largely unregulated space.

On 1/18/2020 at 7:00 AM, retep said:

from 0,23 to 3,92 is about 1700% up, so i have a hard time to believe that wil happen anytime soon if ever.

I hope so but am doubtful.  Everyone thought it was going to be listed on CB which led to that specific ATH.  The smart ones sold on that news. 

So potentially one 'watershed' event would shoot it up fast.  But I think until true use proves that it reflects a change in price we may stagnate or sit alongside BTC or fall behind.

There are many of us, myself included that made one of the worst investments of a lifetime. 

And those that bought at $.05 and didn't sell at $3 might be kicking themselves as well.

Ripple's legitimacy, and therefore xrp's, is being established on a global basis almost daily. As more and more corridors come into play, xrp's utility will grow very rapidly; possibly even logarithmically; and the exchanges will have to keep their stockpiles adequately supplied. Other than xrp riding btc's coattails, and shooting up with it, I believe that it will be the SBI rollout after the Japanese regs go into effect this spring, that will ultimately be the start of any serious price appreciation. We'll see.... 

Edited by WuWei
5 hours ago, Direboarder said:

I hope so but am doubtful.  Everyone thought it was going to be listed on CB which led to that specific ATH.  The smart ones sold on that news. 

So potentially one 'watershed' event would shoot it up fast.  But I think until true use proves that it reflects a change in price we may stagnate or sit alongside BTC or fall behind.

There are many of us, myself included that made one of the worst investments of a lifetime. 

And those that bought at $.05 and didn't sell at $3 might be kicking themselves as well.

Your problem isn't investing, it's gambling. If you had invested you would have researched XRP as well as Ripple. You would've most likely came to the realization that this is going to take time. Lots of time. Sure you would be currently appropriate to share in the disappointment because of the drop in price. But making statements like "I made one of the worst investments of a lifetime" is a lie. I can't help but correct you here. You gambled, plain and simple.