itcdominic

The general Public and XRP ownership

I totally agree. Blockchain semantics is the ultimate-ratio in any governance where costs, speed, transparency and documentation is needed.

It's only the US administration that have currently issues with being on-time.

The switch towards the IoV is already happening (see Europe and Asia). And of course XRP will play a significant role in it.

Retail investors in general are very fragile and manipulatable people if it's about their money. A non-mineable B2B utility asset like XRP,  that is actually mobbed by the mining industry, needs institutional investors, and they will be part of the market in ever increasing numbers. I really have no doubts.

Sources:

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/blockchain-technologies

et al.

4 minutes ago, Karl said:

I totally agree. Blockchain semantics is the ultimate-ratio in any governance where costs, speed, transparency and documentation is needed.

It's only the US administration that have currently issues with being on-time.

The switch towards the IoV is already happening (see Europe and Asia). And of course XRP will play a significant role in it.

Retail investors in general are very fragile and manipulatable people if it's about their money. A non-mineable B2B utility asset like XRP,  that is actually mobbed by the mining industry, needs institutional investors, and they will be part of the market in ever increasing numbers. I really have no doubts.

Sources:

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/blockchain-technologies

et al.

"Mobbed"...love it and you are absolutely correct.....its hated by that group....they can't mine it so they make up every excuse they can to hate it.  Those excuses have become the battle cry for the misinformed.  

I think even if had been confined at first to institutional investors, it would eventually leak out into being owned by individuals.  I agree it was sold to raise money for the set up of the IoV, which is connected with the reason that it might be branded as having been a "security" in the initial phase of the development of the IoV.  (Now that it is being sold to set up ODL it is not a security).

I think the switch to ODL has already been switched.  We are now in a new phase of XRP journey; we are in the early roll out phase, which followed the raise money to set up the IoV phase.

After ODL rolls out and becomes a success, XRP will become the Bankers preferred currency for international business.  At this point everyone will want to own it, a bit like Venezuelans want to own dollars.

Edited by Julian_Williams

I really wish xrp holders wouldn't argue the idea that XRP should have probably been deemed a security up until a year or two ago.  The truth is that while "Ripple" didn't create XRP, a lot of founding members absolutely did and sold it to raise funds and drive their company forward.  Since then, this has drastically slowed down and almost completely halted.

I own XRP because I believe regulators will understand that the benefit XRP can provide to the world will one day outweigh the cost in damages Ripple may have done by selling an unregistered security for a few years.  I think the idea that owning XRP doesn't give you a right to earnings in Ripple means XRP is not a security is backwards way of thinking.  The truth is at one point it probably should have and Howie's test SHOULD have determined it a security.  A lot of powerful and smart people have kept it, thus far, from being deemed so and I am incredibly grateful.

Edited by Bettergoham

1 hour ago, Bettergoham said:

I really wish xrp holders wouldn't argue the idea that XRP should have probably been deemed a security up until a year or two ago.  The truth is that while "Ripple" didn't create XRP, a lot of founding members absolutely did and sold it to raise funds and drive their company forward.  Since then, this has drastically slowed down and almost completely halted.

I own XRP because I believe regulators will understand that the benefit XRP can provide to the world will one day outweigh the cost in damages Ripple may have done by selling an unregistered security for a few years.  I think the idea that owning XRP doesn't give you a right to earnings in Ripple means XRP is not a security is backwards way of thinking.  The truth is at one point it probably should have and Howie's test SHOULD have determined it a security.  A lot of powerful and smart people have kept it, thus far, from being deemed so and I am incredibly grateful.

A judge will not be swayed by that argument.  The arguments about whether XRP was or was not a security are grey and the decision is still up in the air.  The fact hat Ripple did not create XRP is thin cover (but may be enough).

When the regulators told us clearly that something that an ICO that begins as a security can later be declared not a security, they might well have been thinking of XRP.

XRP is already established as a Digital Asset in Europe and the Far east.  In a way does it matter to XRP if America doesn't join in?

Edited by Julian_Williams

I'm just glad to see that the top groups of holders are continuing to grow their bags.....I like that smart people seem to be quietly accumulating more and more XRP.  

This is a great chart that shows that that on top (yes some are exchanges but many are individuals)......continue to buy more, and more, and more.

XRP Holders.jpg

6 hours ago, Julian_Williams said:

The fact hat Ripple did not create XRP is thin cover (but may be enough).

Oh come on, do you really believe in that crap that it was gifted??? Some people in here repeat like parrots every BS that comes out of ripple. I wonder why they do not call them out when CEO predicts dozen of banks will use xrp in 2019?? And yes, when you are a CEO of a company that is being worth 10 billions you cant predict wet dreams. Every stupid sentence that comes out of your mouth has weight and has influence on the price.

Oh ye, they had been saying for years its their asset and then out of the sudden they changed the agenda to "it was gifted to us". BS !

52 minutes ago, Kiwi said:

Oh ye, they had been saying for years its their asset and then out of the sudden they changed the agenda to "it was gifted to us". BS !

It is a fact.  A fact that has been understood and known all along.  Nothing changed about that.  There has been no change to ‘the agenda’ as you put it.

1 hour ago, Kiwi said:

Oh come on, do you really believe in that crap that it was gifted??? Some people in here repeat like parrots every BS that comes out of ripple. I wonder why they do not call them out when CEO predicts dozen of banks will use xrp in 2019?? And yes, when you are a CEO of a company that is being worth 10 billions you cant predict wet dreams. Every stupid sentence that comes out of your mouth has weight and has influence on the price.

I said it was thin cover, So why are you belly aching?  Something to hang a hat on.

There  are all sorts of other reasons why it could be classified as not a security, certainly it is not a security now.

Do you believe the plaintiffs story that they thought they were buying stock in Ripple.    That is the biggest BS, do you believe it?

2 hours ago, Kiwi said:

"When the regulators told us clearly that something that an ICO that begins as a security can later be declared not a security, they might well have been thinking of XRP."

Why does it matter? For me it's obvious they are talking about xrp.

Edited by Xill

The "gifting" of XRP can be legitimate; the founders gifted the XRP to the company they founded.  This is a legal matter, not a benevolent gift between friends.  It was a transmission of ownership not based on the profit of the transaction.  Whether or not it holds water in court has nothing to do with the perceived sincerity of the gift or it's worth, only the proper transmission of assets/IP to a company.

Edited by WrathofKahneman