Sign in to follow this  
LeonidasH

Zakinov v. Ripple Labs: Ripple's motion to dismiss taken under submission

50 minutes ago, XRP_to_20dollars said:

We are still (by all measurable means) a LONG way from any regulatory clarity. 

That’s is certainly looking true as things stand...  but do not forget that it could change tomorrow.  On any particular day the SEC could issue clarifying guidelines or determinations that would clear the way for XRP.     So we might be just days away from regulatory clarity.   Or not.    :) 

1 hour ago, Tinyaccount said:

That’s is certainly looking true as things stand...  but do not forget that it could change tomorrow.  On any particular day the SEC could issue clarifying guidelines or determinations that would clear the way for XRP.     So we might be just days away from regulatory clarity.   Or not.    :) 

This is true. And it does not even have to be an official statement. A member of the SEC commenting on the likelihood (or unlikelihood) of XRP being a security in a speech/article etc would be enough to reassure some investors. I recall the BTC/ETH comment made by a member of the SEC last year (or was it the year before) was completely out of the blue. 

Let me simplify the problem for these American Lawyers, Politicians, and US SEC members who are struggling to answer a simple question. I own XRP, regardless of their ability to answer a direct question for years (Should XRP be regulated as a security vs commodity) let’s have reality settle in. I am not American, regardless of what classification they decide to label XRP it has absolutely no bearing on me or how I use, hold or trade the asset. The only business they are hurting is their own people. The US Sec has zero influence in a world that is leaving them behind.  The US Sec is no longer relevant in this space. 

Edited by Scout

2 minutes ago, Scout said:

The US Sec is no longer relevant in this market.

True.. but it will affect if US banks are using xrp or not.

The US market is no longer a driving force with the adoption of global digital assets. The real influence comes from Asia and their sheer numbers. The US is small potatoes in comparison. This recent court ruling just proves how far behind the US is in a global market.

Ripple needs to redirect their focus to lighting up Asia. It’s a losing battle in their homeland.

Edited by Scout

12 minutes ago, Scout said:

The only business they are hurting is their own people.

I was going to say something similar yesterday...   it’s ironic that the reason SEC wants to have a say on these matters is to protect investors...  and their reluctance or inability to have that say in this case is exactly the thing that is hurting investors the most.  Very ironic.