baggy23

possible Ripple buy-out soon

https://twitter.com/bgarlinghouse/status/1216941455073255426

Not surprising to see this kind of consolidation, and expect this will set the stage for more to come in 2020 - in fintech, crypto and beyond. -bgarlinghouse

Big names starting to buy fintech/blockchain companies. Visa who was an early investor in Plaid, now bought the company.

Plaid says 25% of people in the United States with bank accounts have connected to the fintech company through an app. Visa and rival Mastercard were early investors in the start-up, along with the venture arms of Goldman Sachs, Citi and American Express.

Guess who is an early investor in Ripple: Google Ventures! Possible buy-out of Ripple to come?

42 minutes ago, baggy23 said:

https://twitter.com/bgarlinghouse/status/1216941455073255426

Big names starting to buy fintech/blockchain companies. Visa who was an early investor in Plaid, now bought the company.

Guess who is an early investor in Ripple: Google Ventures! Possible buy-out of Ripple to come?

I don't think banks are very keen on handing their payment flows over to google... same privacy issues as with facebook.

18 minutes ago, Caracappa said:

I don't think banks are very keen on handing their payment flows over to google... same privacy issues as with facebook.

Let's hope Ripple stays "neutral" instead become a product that's even more competed.

Wouldn't a buyout by Google end the journey for XRP?

I don't believe this is outside the realm of possibilities and if it does happen then probably for Ripple to remain neutral is if a consortia buys them. If they do get bought out then it means Ripple has become such a threat that they must own it and either speed up its adoption or kill it in its infancy. I hope the former and not the latter. 

3 hours ago, DirectorCoulson said:

CEO of ripple pls buy R3 after you have funded it for years with your 5 billion xrp

After they buy them R3 management go on to start a "new" R4 company and competing product with all the free monies from XRP and the buyout. :D

Edited by LetHerRip

I also think something is in the works. They’ve been pretty silent for some time now (no new xpring investments in quite some time). 

i went back and read this extremely juicy ripple insights:

https://ripple.com/insights/2020-the-year-of-the-digital-asset/

I like to think these guys “know” where this industry is heading. The part about exchanges consolidating as more traditional players enter is also very interesting. Could we see coinbase/binance being bought by someone like nasdaq or fidelity? 

seems like the whole team is bullish on 2020

Edited by Ryyy20
Wrong link

4 hours ago, GrayFox said:

I don't believe this is outside the realm of possibilities and if it does happen then probably for Ripple to remain neutral is if a consortia buys them. If they do get bought out then it means Ripple has become such a threat that they must own it and either speed up its adoption or kill it in its infancy. I hope the former and not the latter. 

My best guess is that Ripple is more likely to be making a significant acquisition themselves, especially in light of that 200-million Series C funding round. 

https://twitter.com/rckzor1/status/1217393739909517319

Check this guys, "Prior to Ripple, Friedman was the Senior Advisor to CFTC Chairman Heath Tarbert in his previous capacity as Treasury’s Assistant Secretary for International Markets. In this role, she regularly advised and collaborated with Treasury officials on matters including international"

They hired Friedman, and she was advisory to CFTC chiarman heath tarbert he's speaking about XRP there in that video above. Ripple hired his senior advisor in october lol

Edited by xrpzzzzzzz

1 hour ago, King34Maine said:

My best guess is that Ripple is more likely to be making a significant acquisition themselves, especially in light of that 200-million Series C funding round. 

The more I think about it the more I like your theory.  It is worth remembering that Kitao is on Board of Directors at Ripple and SBI are the largest external shareholder of R3.  Kitao is also more experienced in making partnerships and building multinational financial companies than other directors on teh board of Ripple and would be the prime advisor/mover on such matters.