Sign in to follow this  
LeonidasH

Ripple files motion to dismiss patent infringement case

This claim was ridiculous and opportunist. I read the patent when the claim first came up and not that I'm any kind of legal eagle but it is so far from XRP and the XRPL. There is literally nothing in the patent that mentions 'money', 'value', 'finance', 'transfer', 'encrypted', 'secure' or any terms related to how XRP works.

Here's the patent if anyone's interested https://patents.google.com/patent/US9432452

This is normal in the US. There's way too many patent vultures where companies just buy patents in the hope of suing other companies for royalties. Patent trolls are a real threat to innovation. Even John Oliver did an episode on them and its worth the watch:

i never saw this episode. Thank you it, made my morning a little more enjoyable. Also I had no idea that this particular problem was so bad here in the U.S. I hope that whatever laws are eventually passed will fair and precise with the intended purpose of preventing patent trolls from doing this stuff, while also protecting people that have actually invented something.

Faketoshi and nChain = future patent trolls that could seriously impede the crypto space, both for innovators and investors.

It’s pure arrogance, hubris and greed, horrible.